1. Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Vote Now!] Potpourri Creation Contest II: Substitution Levels

Substitution Levels

---

Before we even begin, one more big thanks to ErrantX and Vorpal Tribble, whose regular contests inspired me to make my own! Also, another big thanks to ErrantX, whose format I'm completely stealing.

---

The contest is over.
    Playground Favorite: PId6's Desert Substitution Levels!

Best Connection: PairO'Dice Lost's Disciples of the Sanguine Way!

Wish I'd Thought of That: Glimbur's Human Paragon Substitution Levels!

---

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Potpourri Creation Contest II: Substitution Levels

The contest begins with the posting of this thread and will run through 11:59 EST of July 15th.

Soon after a poll will be opened for voting that will last through July 29th.

Rules

1) You will be creating at least one, but but up to four 'original' sets of substitution levels. They can be either racial (examples of racial substitution levels can be found here), membership-based (examples of membership-based substitution levels can be found here), or something else of your own imagining. However, if submitting multiple sets of substitution levels, all of them must contain a common thread, whether they're all for the same class, they all require the character to be a goblinoid, they're all for the same organization, or something else.

2) Entries must include name, requirements, tables, and description of abilities. Incomplete entries at the deadline will be disqualified.

3) Entries must be 3.5, and should probably be using the standard format below. The format isn't required, but it makes everybody's life easier, especially voters.

4) Post all entries in this thread. Post all conversation, questions, etc in the chat thread.

5) Maximum of one entry per participant. You cannot enter a legacy weapon and a minor artifact, you must choose one or the other.

6) Entries must be your own work, and must not be copied for other places. Only new work may submitted; no previously posted work will be accepted. Such entries will be disqualified.

7) No reserving posts. Feel free to tweak your creation, but the initial post must include the basics.

Voting

There will be three categories for voting: Playground Favorite, Best Connection, and Wish I'd Thought of That! Entrants are allowed to vote for themselves, but that's usually poor form, and you're encouraged not to unless you truly believe yours is far and away superior.

Playground Favorite: This is the basic one. Any member of the playground who wishes to will vote for whichever entry they like the best. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

Best Connection: For this category, voters are to vote for whichever entries fit together the best. Maybe it's three sets of membership-based
    substitution levels that have abilities that work well together, maybe it's two for the same class that can each take it completely different directions. Whichever set seems the most like a planned set, rather than a random compilation!

Wish I'd Thought of That!: Only the entrants are allowed to vote in this category. Entrants will PM me their vote for whichever entry they wish they had made themselves. Maybe you really liked the fluff behind and wish you'd thought it up; maybe you think the fluff is dumb, but one of the mechanics really caught your fancy and you wish you could've used it in your own creation. Whatever! Pick the one you most wish you'd thought of!

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
    Last edited by DaTedinator; 2010-07-29 at 11:52 PM. Reason: It's over!