[Genoveva's Palace]

"Why should I run from what I wanted all along?"
Arcelia asks quietly, pushing herself up to meet Genoveva, not resisting her strength and apparent power over her. Though the Primera can feel the quick pace of the heart beneath her, and knows that Arcelia does not have the strength to force her away even if she wanted to, Genoveva can also see a hint of satisfaction in Arcelia's eyes.

The self-styled angel meets Genoveva's lips with her own, and the tenderness of the meeting may take her wholly by surprise. Arcelia is passive and soft, allowing the Espada above her to take what she wants without hesitation or demand. In fact, given Arcelia's words and her reaction, it seems a strange display of affection and adoration, even after what she heard from Genoveva. No matter the paranoia or doubts one may harbor, the sincerity of Arcelia's response is likely hard to dismiss...

Gently, Arcelia presses her brow to Genoveva's in a strange but comforting gesture- a sign of confidence and closeness that has nothing to do with the lack of physical space between them. In a way, it might seem unnerving at first, as if Arcelia were saying 'I know all that you are.' But moving beyond that, it also implies a sense of merciful acceptance which even the cruel Genoveva might find meaningful; At once, it is acknowledgment of what she is, and an embracing of it, no matter what it might be.

As the kiss ends, Arcelia looks up at Genoveva with that same quiet and calm that she seemed to display before, but all her grinning and amusement are gone now, and in the wake of Genoveva's open harshness and cruelty, it might even seem humbling.
"Is this all that you wanted?"