Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Raptor View Post
I've been doing something similar to this with Planescape, trying to reorganize the planes to fit the color wheel. I ended up chopping a few planes out and separating a few layers off into different planes. It has 26 planes. For each color, there is one pure plane and four planes tinged with each other color. There is also an artifact (colorless) plane.

{table=head]Primary Color|
White Tinged
|
Blue Tinged
|
Black Tinged
|
Red Tinged
|
Green Tinged

White|
Celestia
|
Arcadia
|
Carceri
|
???
|
Dothion

Blue|
???
|
???
|
???
|
???
|
???

Black|
Baator
|
Pandemonium
|
???
|
Abyss
|
Nifleheim

Red|
Acheron
|
???
|
Gehenna
|
Ysgard
|
Olympus

Green|
Shurrock
|
???
|
???
|
Arvandor
|
Beastlands
[/table]

Artifact Plane: Mechanus

Bytopia and Arvandor are split in half into Shurrock and Dothion, and Arvandor and Olympus. The Grey Waste has a philosophy of apathetic nihilism, which doesn't really fit any of the colors, but Nifleheim's physical environment made me think of Black/Green. Limbo is too chaotic to embody the colors philosophies, even Red's. I think Elysium can fit in here somewhere, but I can't figure out where. There are less then 26 outer planes in planescape, so there are a lot of gaps to fill, especially around Blue. It's still a work in progress.

Anyway, hope this gives some interesting ideas for your cosmology. I'd say the biggest difference is that in mine colorless is related to machinery.
That is... wow. Just wow. Kudos on that. Now time to fill in the blanks.

Mechanus could easily fit on the Blue axis though. The problem is where.