View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] The Monk Remixed

1. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: [3.5] Revised Monk (finally the red-headed stepchild gets some respect and PEACH!

@ Merk: Thank you!

All mistaken instances of "Climb" should now be corrected to "Tumble." OMG it was hard to find them. I need more sleep.

I have replaced The Arrow Knows the Way with Esoteric Weapons Training, which is essentially the former feat with weapon proficiency thrown in for free, fewer prerequisites, all applicable to a broader class of weapons. It's much better than the Eberron feats involving using an unusual weapon, but honestly those were lousy feats anyway. I am concerned that Esoteric Weapons Training may lead to some genre-clashing situations (e.g. a monk with a cutlass, monk-pirates, yarr!), but I'll leave it to DM discretion to decide when to stomp on any particularly bizarre weapon choices.

I finally have an idea for Lix's suggestion of the Ki Shot, and will implement this soonKi Shot is now added at 5th level. It allows the monk to expend a use of Stunning Fist to ignore range increment penalties and apply Ki Strike to all ranged attacks made with special monk weapons for 1 round.
    Last edited by jiriku; 2010-06-23 at 01:58 PM.
    D&D Remix for 3.x: balanced base classes and feats, all in the authentic flavor of the originals. Newest: shadowcaster. Most popular: monk and fighter.

Innovative new mid-tier classes compatible with 3.x and 3.x Remix: Machinist, Shapeshifter, Avatar, Magus of Blades, Ritualist, Magician, Dawnblade, Summoner, plus 5 elemental casters!