1. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop VII: Common Sense is not RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFighter15 View Post
    Marvellous work, Cheesegear. Were I in your position I might not have been as calm as you.
    Maybe that's why I get good Sportsmanships and nobody can imagine me being a bad opponent.

Still; when someone goes around bragging and lying like that, they deserve to be ground into the dirt so nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    That was really, really brutal. So naturally I whole-heartedly endorse exactly what you did there.
    People endorse me curb-stomping someone?
    And I always thought that this game was supposed to be fun. But, apparently he deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well, it really is pretty stupid to not change your army list, if you suspect an opponent might make a counter-army.
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    Looks like a case of throwing lots of "good" things into a list and not thinking about how they're going to work together. Which is especially stupid when playing with the one codex that rewards you for playing a balanced list.
    I didn't exactly make a counter-army on purpose. Or, rather, I didn't actually think I would curb-stomp him as terribly as I did. If a Rune Priest rolls a '6' for his Living Lightning roll, he'll basically annihilate whatever he's pointed at. But, that rarely happens. 1 in 6 chance, even. By rights, Swarmlord should not have died in the first turn, and his Gaunts should have been Fearless for a turn or two and charged my Grey Hunters.
    ...That still would have ended badly due to Grey Hunters being so totally awesome, or, even if the Hormagaunts did win, I had Deathwind Launchers as backup, or something.

If Swarmlord hadn't have died on the first turn, both his Reserves would have come in on Turn 2 instead of one-by-one...

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    The spore is pointless unless you need to kill tanks.
    Most armies usually have tanks. He didn't know what I had (in fact he probably thought I was playing the same army as last time, or something), and I didn't know what he had. It was only after deployment and his declaration of Reserves that he had the exact same list as last time...

Maybe people missed this part;
    "This was a list I put together for a tournament just after the Tyranid Codex came out."

This particular army list (or, the 1000-point 'core', the full 1500/1750/1850 has Vindicators and Blood Claws-in-Land Raiders) was designed for a tournament, so, it was supposed to be pretty strong against all-comers (although it doesn't look like it, but, Alpha Strikes are a game-changing move). But, it was also designed specifically with Tyranids in mind - being the flavour of the month at the time.

Like I said, I didn't mean to curb-stomp him so terribly. However, to him, it definitely must have looked like I just took him to school.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-06-26 at 08:05 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome