Quote Originally Posted by Arceius View Post
It was the very first game I had ever GM'ed and it was the first time playing for both me and my players (oh this is going bad already isn't it?). So the players fight their way up through a tower filled with enemies, and use a teleporter into a large room with a raised area in the center. Standing upon said raised area is a powerful Lich and a handful of his zombie/skeleton minions.

Now, the character were all much to low to be fighting a Lich. He was intended as a "enemy of my enemy" type of friend. After conversing for a while with characters (during which they managed to piss him off quite a bit) he turns to leave through a portal in the center of the raised area. At that point the rangers player says:

"I shoot the zombie in the foot."

*collective group stare*

Thus ensued a mad scramble of checks to stop the player from attacking the immeasurably powerful Lich's pet zombie and the following wholesale slaughter of the entire party. Unfortunately a strength, reflex, and another strength check were not enough to wrest the bow from his hands or knock the arrow off course.

So the Wizards wolf ate the bow.

Crisis averted and pet fed. All in a days work. Needless to say, "I shoot the zombie in the foot" is now a saying synonymous with "I do something really stupid." XD
That scene was hilarious. The fighter and cleric both failed to shatter the bow, I (the wizard) tried grab the arrow before it was launched, and we all failed. The wolf familiar succeeded where a dwarf, human, and tiefling all failed.

What's funny is the ranger is one of our best players.