View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] The Monk Remixed

1. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: [3.5] Revised Monk (finally the red-headed stepchild gets some respect and PEACH!

The 10' step is already built right in! Per Oriental Adventures, a character can move 10' on a 5' step with a DC 40 Tumble check. While OA is 3.0 material, it received a 3.5 update and the option was not removed in the update. Although it's true that most D&D games don't have much of an oriental flavor to them, I'd say OA is certainly a valid resource for a character who's playing a monk, neh?

At 8th level (when he first acquires an iterative attack), a revised monk with maxed ranks in Tumble and a modest Dexterity of 14 has a +33 Tumble modifier and can make the DC 40 check 70% of the time. By 9th level, his Tumble mod is +44 and he can succeed without rolling even if suffering a -5 penalty for adverse terrain.

Because really, why are you playing a badass monk if not to flip over some dude's head and then ginsu him into bits?

Regarding a collaborative effort, I'm far from the best homebrewer on this forum, and I'm not really looking for a project right now, but send me a PM and pitch it to me and we'll see if it's something I could contribute to.
    Last edited by jiriku; 2010-07-11 at 10:07 AM.
    D&D Remix for 3.x: balanced base classes and feats, all in the authentic flavor of the originals. Newest: shadowcaster. Most popular: monk and fighter.

Innovative new mid-tier classes compatible with 3.x and 3.x Remix: Machinist, Shapeshifter, Avatar, Magus of Blades, Ritualist, Magician, Dawnblade, Summoner, plus 5 elemental casters!