Quote Originally Posted by Pechvarry View Post
I was considering posting my remake of a Hexblade and then saw this. >.> Now I feel inferior.
Aww, shucks.

Still: that doesn't mean you shouldn't make yours. The idea is to work on the concept of the Hexblade, but it should also have a flavor of its own. So even if you really appreciate my work, it doesn't mean you should "feel inferior" or anything. In fact: even I feel inferior to the works of other people (whom they are, I'll keep reserved).

Some questions for clarification:

Your capstone, Hex of Ending Fate. Do you sacrifice the curse before or after the effect kicks in? This is to say, does the opponent suffer the curse's -8 to saves for figuring out whether or not they're about to be reduced to chunky salsa?
Can't be 100% sure about that, but a quick glance implies it would be the former: before the curse kicks in. I might have to meditate which would be the less abusive way to kick that in, tho.

Really love the idea of the shadowcasting variant. Do you think, at some point, you could post a progression with your system changes for the actual shadowcaster? I was never satisfied with the writer's fixes and have a feeling what you're outlining here would be perfect.
I might, but I really have to refine the concept. It's pretty barebones, and it's an adaptation of another system. It will need a LOT of work to refine it into the desired concept, given that there are only 69 mysteries which would mean a shadowcaster would have access to pretty much all of them. It's also pretty confusing as-is.

Also really like the invocation version but I have a question. It looks like, the way you have it worded, you gain a least and a lesser invocation at level 11. Similarly, it looks like you gain a least and a greater at 17. Is this correct? or is it supposed to be those levels for invocations, with 11 and 17 for opportunities to choose from next level up?

I'm assuming the latter, but can't be sure...
The latter posture. Basically, you gain one single invocation, but you can choose from either least or lesser, not one least and one lesser. Same for level 17th. I'll give it a read and fix it whenever I have some time.