Chapter 1 - Part 3

Spoiler
Show
The three of them walked down the hall that was connected to the auditorium, the choir room, and the band room.

When they stepped in, John saw that Mr. Bradenstone had left the main area open for people to practice. The tests were going to be in the four individual practice rooms.

John and Pete went to the left to the instrument locker room, while Marc headed for the percussion room in the back.

Pete got his baritone ready, while John fumbled with his lock.

"Stupid cast..."

"Hey John, need some help?"

John looked up and saw the source of such a wonderful voice. Ashley Landur. She was a sophomore, just a year behind him. She had bright blue eyes and shoulder length blond hair. Her saxaphone hung from the strap around her neck as she looked at him, smiling.

"Oh, uh, yeah, thanks." John's face went a little red.

As Ashley works on the lock, Pete hisses to John. John turns to catch Pete grinning and giving both thumbs up. John replies by raising his middle finger at Pete, who laughs.

The lock clicks open. "There you go."

"Thanks."

"No problem. I remember when Marc broke his hand. Mom made me do all sorts of stuff for him. Kind of sucked, actually." She shrugs a little, then heads out of the room to practice.

Pete walks over as John gets his instrument ready. "Well, that went well. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Shut up, Pete."

Pete chuckles. "Hey, summer's almost here man."

"Yeah, but it's not like I'm gonna be able to do anything, remember?"

Pete slaps his forehead. "Oh yeah! That's this summer?"

John nods. Pete gives a heavy sigh. "So many plans ruined."

John pats Pete on the back. "Don't worry, buddy. It should be fun anyways." He walks out of the room, to prep himself for his test.