View Single Post

Thread: Tooth and Tentacle [base class PEACH]

1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Tooth and Tentacle [3.5 base class PEACH]

Razor Fin: I always did like Great Flyby attack. I think this is fine.

Absent Fin: This is awesome.

On attack bonus: The lack of a high attack bonus is an issue. If you want to keep aberration BAB, perhaps the following ability would work:

Unearthly Power (Su) : An Ozodrin attacking with a natural weapon receives an enhancement bonus equal to +1/2 their class level to their attack bonus. Any attack effected by this ability bypasses damage reduction as though it were made by a magic weapon.

It could be granted at level 5 alongside the other, more situational ability. That gives them a higher enough attack bonus to compete. A similar ability I was using for another class used also boosted damage, but this class receives so many attacks per roundÖ Iím not sure it would be balanced. The bonus could possibly by insight instead of enhancement since it isnít boosting damage.

------------------

Another thing, one of the main issues I have found with this class is the pressure to take all aberrant feats. My level 16 npcs are getting almost as many points from feats as they are from class levels. This is an issue as there are not that many aberrant feats, which results in them having the same build. So I set out to solve the issue in a way that would be balanced in all games the Ozodrin might be allowed in (some of the feats on that other thread are a bit.. iffy)

So here it goes:

Otherworldly Skill [Aberrant]
    Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +4, any 3 aberrant feats.
    Choose a fighter bonus feat you meet the prerequisites for. This feat must not require a proficiency in a non-natural weapon. As a free action 1/day per aberrant feat you posses you can gain the benefits of that feat for 1 hour.
    Special: You can take this feat multiple times, choosing a different fighter bonus feat each time. You may choose feats that require fighter bonus feats previously chosen for Otherworldly skill (you could take this feat once to gain dodge, and again to gain mobility). Feats chosen in this way also count towards any other class/feat/skill/etc requirements.

^ The restriction might not be needed. This would add a lot of versatility to builds taking 100% aberrant feats.

Aberrant Monstrosity [Aberrant]
    Prerequisites: Any 3 aberrant feats.
    Choose a [Monstrous] feat you meet the prerequisites for. You may choose feats that require you to be of the aberration type. As a free action 1/day per aberrant feat you posses you can gain the benefits of that feat for 1 hour.
    Special: You can take this feat multiple times, choosing a different Monstrous feat each time. You may choose feats that require monstrous feats previously chosen for Aberrant Monstrosity. Feats chosen in this way also count towards any other class/feat/skill/etc requirements.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2010-07-20 at 08:12 PM.