View Single Post

Thread: [3.5/Heroic]Fighter Revision

1. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/Heroic]Fighter Revision

I like the idea of being able to maximize the precision strike. Will think more on that.

I'll probably split Tactical Expert into two abilities, making the no penalty for light weapon part a new ability.

Any ideas for new Master abilities?

---

Precision Mastery (Ex): At XX level the fighter's ability to accurately place his strikes increases to the point that he may maximize the extra damage rolled by his precision strike ability. The fighter must spend a Move action to size up his enemy, judging where best to place his attack to maximize the damage.

At XX level the fighter may maximize his extra damage from precision strike by spending a Swift action.

Adept Abilities

Tactical Expert (Ex): Whenever the fighter is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the fighter is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A fighter is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. This ability does not allow the fighter to wield weapons one size larger without penalty.

Finesse Fighter (Ex): Whenever making or resisting the disarm, trip, and sunder special attacks the fighter does not take the -4 penalty for wielding a light weapon if he is using one. Instead he gains the +4 bonus for wielding a two-handed weapon, even if he is not wielding one.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2010-07-25 at 10:39 AM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"