Alkania Leah Danir
Anchor, Hunter, Message, Mist, Allie, 'that kid who stole my glasses'
Message, Goddess of the Floating Church
Race: Earthly fae
Age: Ascended 12 October, 2014 equivalent
Alignment: Black and Red / Neutral
Power Rating: A
Description: Message does not generally deign to manifest physically. Her primary symbol is the blossom of a saffron crocus.
Personality: Hedonistic, flowingly selfish, urban, artistic.
Equipment: Message needs and possesses nothing.
Secrets of Creation: Many.
Agent: Message is a living story and its own author.
Eclipse: Message can possess/merge with/pay attention to any of her charities.
Message arranges herself through more-or-less mortal avatars, her Radiant Charities.
Some of them are themselves fae and have the following symmetrical charities of their own.
- The Mask - Hunter. A covering for the eyes. The original were sunglasses, stolen from Arina, which can be touched by solid people even when the wearer is incorporeal, but are incredibly painful to normal people. Leah carries these. Hunter has a single-piece visor.
- The Wand - Leah. A strong object significantly longer than it is wide. The original was a deathly scythe. This multipurpose tool can be used to stand on, poke things, hit things, and more. It counts as both physical and ghostly/ethereal. Leah has this. Hunter has her letter-opener.
- The Cup/Ring - Alkania. A decorative item. The original was Shadow's ghost ring. Provides a variety of powers. She can drain people more quickly and treat a wider range of things as 'emotions'. Leah had this... unlike the others, it stayed with Anchor, and has been replaced. Leah has a thin silver ring. Hunter has her tattoos.
- The Ring/Cup - ??? A small stuffed animal toy. The original was a red fox used as bait for Tenjin's hunters, which Leah keeps. Hunter has a snake.
Race: Earthly fae tiger-human-tauric-pattern, Wand Radiance
Age: 4 clock years/59 mental years/22 physical years
Alignment: Red and White / Neutral Good
Power Rating: C
Description: She does look like her self, a sharp-faced flat-eyed woman; Not body-builder levels of size, but with the muscles of someone who works physically on a regular basis, which she does. She still bears a resemblance to her mother Zophiel. By many standards, she's pretty. Her chest is kept within the normal-small scale so she doesn't run into the issue of a certain antlered changeling and require heavy bindings.
Her new coat is a bit bizarre, still bearing her trademark black color, but also some bright white as well. Her lower body is most of a white tiger, meaning everything but the head, which is where her human-self is. A quick, fine steed for a noble knight, even if the execution is a bit...odd. If she had anything in her pockets, she'll find it/them instead in a pouch or two hanging from a belt attached around where her halves meet. Her skin is paler than before, deepening from white where it meets her fur.
Her hair is back, hanging down to her neck, almost her shoulders, it's black with only one or two little white "highlights." It's a bit bristly, like horsehair. Oddly enough though, her ears are fuzzy and more like a zebra's than her head's. It shouldn't ruin her look too much.
Personality: She's given up on being angry at the world, and even on being disappointed with it. Better to take it as a challenge. She finds gifts to be the best expression of care, and is often cautious, but has recently become more bold. Very helpful and loving of aesthetic things.
- .55 pistol, five shots between reloads
- A minigun with gold-plated barrels, a red-painted body and the words 'Bullet Time!' stencilled on the shoulder strap
- A tiny single-shot pincap pistol (3 rounds available)
- A silver morningstar enchanted to create a small sonic boom when it lands a blow. Used to shatter the Godruped's golem-body.
- 99 bolt-action 5.53 rifles.
- 98 9mm automatic pistols.
- Many checkered or grey shirts
- A gasmask and two spare filters.
- Magic-deflecting virage-claw gauntlets.
- A crisp new black jacket. Similar to Mist's in color scheme, but cut in leather instead of cloth like his. It should be her size, and if not, very close to it. It's clearly had a lot of time and attention into making it. It has hidden sheathes for at least six small knives or darts, plus a pair of lockpicks or pins in the collar. I know you don't have much experience with this, but the guy offered to do it, so I thought it was neat. You could always stick pens and stuff in them if you decide these aren't for you."
It's one in each sleeve, and four hidden in the lining of the torso, two at sternum level and two below that.
- A small wooden box containing a lightly curved, elegant knife, balanced perfectly for throwing. Engraved on the blade is: 信託
- The Treasures of the Skull:
- Recently refurbished old fabrics and clothing, all high-quality stuff. There's a few crates of jewellery, a box of jasper statues wrapped in 1920s newspapers, a small box of uncut emeralds and a large, antique aluminium plate from the 1880s. The statues range in size from an inch-high dog to
a three foot tall naked dancing girl.
- Several crates of ammunition.
- A variety of high-quality clothing
- 93 coins carved from marble
- The Skull's Command Crown
Secrets of Creation: Leah can create almost-living beings and matter out of shadow and feeling. These animals need nothing to sustain them and evoke emotion in those around them, but are otherwise normal creatures. She has yet to try to create true life. She has recently learned to create generic matter, of any sort she can understand. It is unstable and slowly dissolves in light.
Extra: Leah is vaguely aware that she is a fictional character and can break the fourth wall when it is appropriate and non-bothersome to other players.
Also, while alive this body is very much magic, and should register to anyone knowledgable about such things as a Fey's body. This does have the advantage of meaning that she can eat whatever she likes, but won't have to worry about input/output (which should save her from trying to maneuver around bathrooms). Neither does she have to breathe to stay conscious.
Race: Earthly Fae Human-pattern Demigoddess, Mask Radiance
Age: Adult, appears around 20.
Alignment: Green / Lawful Neutral
Power Rating: C
Description: A short but solid olive-skinned human woman, with dark tattoo patterns along her skin. Not that you'll ever see her under all that armor.
Personality: Confident, even arrogant, Hunter revels in life. Every hunt, every new design, every bitter defeat or thrilling victory is another reason to live. Generous in a showy way; she can afford it.
- Gem of Burning Light: An artifact of an evil light god whose exact powers she hasn't bother to work out. It protects her constructs from the deleterious effects of sunlight. Beats in her heart.
- Transporter: Short range, line-of-sight only. Still amazingly useful.
- A macuahuitl with lumps of green Tamrielic Glass instead of obsidian, enchanted to drain life and energy.
- Super Virage Sword. A hilt made of the beast's chitin. The swords summon blades of plasma energy that match the kind that the Super Virage had used and can even resize to the type of blade the wielder prefers. The energy blade is quite powerful and can even cut through most body armors with ease. The blades flare up brighter and more strongly when the person wielding them is confronting something draconic: in that case, they'll cut through dragon hide like a hot chainsword through butter.
- A .30 rated railgun sort of thing with an external cooling/power backpack to keep it running.
- A .650 Tenjin hunter elephant cannon.
- 2 chrono-grenades, which, when activated, have a fifteen second fuse before erecting a temporary stasis field around the target, freezing it in place.
- A pair of yellow gauntlets with built-in 12-gauge shotguns that go off when the wearer punches something
- 2 anti-magic grenade-orbs
- A black rubber one-piece with lightweight, yet powerful, kevlar pads protecting the torso and limbs. It's stretchy enough that it'll fit practically any body shape.
- A gasmask and two spare filters.
- A bandoleer that can integrate with the rubber suit but could also be used alone. A pair of sleek, black plastic-fibre boots
- A letter opener that cuts to and from shadowy, ethereal worlds.
Secrets of Creation: Hunter can create almost-living beings out of shadow and feeling. These animals need nothing to sustain them and evoke emotion in those around them, but are otherwise normal creatures. She has yet to try to create true life. She can also create unliving matter in much the same way.
Understudy: Hunter is aware that she is a fictional character and can narrate and break the fourth wall when it is appropriate and non-bothersome to other players.
Dream-Eater: Hunter feeds on feelings and emotional qualities, generally fear and excitement. Additionally, she need not and cannot sleep.
Evocation: Extradimensional storage, fae thematic.
Relevant Metaphors: Hunter can treat her life like certain styles of storytelling or game when useful, generally to create an inventory abstraction or to travel by map.
Telepathic Symbionts: "There's symbiotic bacteria in its mouth and brain, however, that grant it full telepathy, making it the third true telepathic species discovered within the British Stellar Empire." They're spread through bites, travelling to the brain where they help grow new connections and synapses that provide the telepathy, though it's limited to other telepathic creatures.
The Conductor (as it calls its species, 'Conductors of the World-Song') sings a lonely, haunting tune that sounds like part of a much greater song with all the other parts left out.
It's by very careful nips that a young Conductors are introduced to the World-Song of their planet, introducing the telepathic bacteria into its bloodstream and from there, its brain and mouth.
Ears are still useful, though, because most creatures on a planet of telepaths evolve the ability to mask their minds or project their thoughts somewhere else, otherwise the predators would never catch anything because the prey would feel their minds approach, but also the predators would never fail in finding their prey as they'd hear their minds. The symbiotic bacteria will spread around Hunter's body, I don't know how long it'll take, but they won't stop until they reach her brain where they'll redirect some synapses and similar brain-y things. It should be harmless, though it may cause something unexpected.
Race: Human, Cup Radiance
Age: Adult, not young
Alignment: Red / Chaotic Goodish
Power Rating: D
Description: A pale human woman, pretty average, actually. Grey eyes, black hair cut close to the scalp.
Personality: Determined, slightly self-deprecating.
- 1 bolt-action 5.53 rifle.
- 2 9mm automatic pistols.
- Adventuring Clothes. Cloak, belt, boots, socks.
- Plain off-white clothes from the temple.
- Checkered and black clothes, ill-fitting.
- A pair of ruby-studded gold sandals.
- A suit-thing!
Lost Treasures, taken by Phoebe
- Unbreakable Wire: Exactly what it says on the tin. A few feet long, and too thick to be much good for cutting.
- Negative Energy Potion: For healing purposes.
- A hunting shotgun (Nineteen rounds - eight incendiary, five buckshot, and six flechettes)
- A pair of scimitars with serpents etched into the blades and copper pommels shaped like the heads of vipers.
- A sub-machine gun loaded with a single magazine of bullets enchanted with supernatural cold.
- A greatsword made of Valyrian Steel with a black marble pommel carved into the shape of a cat's skull.
- A suit of khaki power armor with a Union Jack painted onto the right pauldron
- Shield Belt: Protects from impacts
- A gas mask and spare filter
Dazing word: d̟̪̯̟̽̋̌ ̠͚͔̝̰͑̑̉̉ͣͬͣ͗́ẻ̐҉̥͕̯͍̺
Agonizing word :p̢̢̻̩͐̄ͤ ͦ̓ͩ̀͏̠s̎͐ͤ͂͏̰͎͚̰͙̜͖ ̴̶̼̣̣͉̔͞l̝̝͖̹̗͍̎͛ͨ̕͝
Spoiler: BackstoryAlkania was born not long enough ago to a cursed Cleosepha Danir and Zophiel, and promptly stolen away to another dimension by faeries.
She was rescued, in what was longer to her than to the rescuers, but it wasn't long after that her family split up. Her mother had to return to her own world, and her father was occupied aiding a dear friend at the ocean, which Alkania could barely approach.
When the noble who had given them shelter died, the child Alkania ended up living on the streets with a band of intelligent lizards and malfunctioning machines. They lived off petty crime, complementing each others' needs.
When things went wrong and no amount of batteries or recalibration could help one of her mechanical friends, she took them to the GLoG, where she became a member for a while, learning to heal people. Then her idol Reinholdt left, and after an argument with Quinn, she had no reason to stay.
It was earlier that she had met a creature of shadow that took her through time and worlds, and gave her a way to extend her life and live once again at normal speeds.
It was even earlier that she had participated in a mission to protect some far off place she'd never heard of, and Alkania first killed someone.
She was one of the powers who answered Aequitus's prayers and led to the founding of AEGIS, where she was a member as long as it was active.
Then she was shot by a sniper, and she died.
It didn't keep.
Her spirit lingered in her backup armor, and brought it to life as Hunter. Unshackled, with a place in the world.
Her mind was restored from backup by Kestrel, and the machine-shadow body became Leah, all her memories, but a new soul. Leah was later reincarnated by Pat, magical flesh instead of machinery.
Her body was stolen by a necrourgist, and reanimated as Anchor, the first of the animus shadow-ghouls. She went and stole her own book of magic, but then fled, driven to terror by the death-spirit. Anchor was eventually killed by Ruth and brought back, plain and alive, at the temple of Inari.
The Fae were native creatures of the seventh planet in their solar system, which had a rather larger star than the nexus usually does.
The Earthly fae were those who adapted to urban, civilized life alongside humanity. The Outer fae were those who left the planet rather than change. In a war much later, the Outer fae came to kill, enslave and oppress the majority of the population of Earthly fae.
They are possessed of two types of natural magic, called glamour and grammar.
The fae are harmed by the touch of various refined metals. Outer fae are particularly vulnerable to iron due to ancient grammar-works. Similarly, salt has mythic significance against them.
These fae are acutely aware of their position in the universe, and they are graded by their ability to decide the story around them, which can rise and fall with time and growth. The least are Extras. With no narrative powers at all, they can, by circumstance or the actions of others, reach a higher level.
Above them are Understudies, who are aware of the their nature and can observe but rarely alter.
Agents can freely alter their own story and details.
Primes can freely change themselves, and have some narrative control over those below them.
Authors have nearly perfect control over the world around them. They can declare the thoughts and actions of even non-fae beings, and it will be so.
The Hierophant is not a quality, but a position. There would normally only be one, but the Terrestrial fae and the Outer fae have both successfully empowered a Hierophant.
They are defined somewhat by their possessions.
The Earthly fae are almost universally predators, where the Outer fae are more detached.
Any being with 3+ Charities, of which 1+ are open, is considered by them to be a fae.
The seven common Charities are the Glass, the Staff, the Blade, the Map, the Cup, the Pen, and the Ring.
The two racial Charities are the Wheel which defines the outer fae and the Mask which defines the earthly fae.
Uncommon Charities include the Fruit and the Torch
Reflect and Learn - The Glass
Interact - The Staff
Harm and Protect - The Blade
Explain and Understand - The Map
Gratify - The Cup
Express and Inspire - The Pen
Define - The Ring
Travel - The Wheel
Identify - The Mask
??? - The Fruit
??? - The Torch
A fox, normal save its darkness.
Pterosaurs, the largest ones, for flying on.
Chaithers - Catlike, with eyes along their sides. Three heads with a single large eye each, basically an extension of their long necks. Two pairs each of fangs and many tearing teeth. Very quick-moving.
Chaistans - Hooved, six-legged things related to the above, but more docile. Two heads, one on each side, with an eye on the top and bottom.
Peaceflowers - Actual living plants that generate an aura of tranquility, larger the more are gathered together.
Message-orbs - A cybernetic shell to house an angel-spirit.
Spoiler: StoryThis is a collection of stories about the futility of power and learning to find an acceptable place in the world. Leah cannot fix everything, but has managed to make a home. She's haunted by memories of helplessness, guilt that if she had somehow been better, she could have protected her friends, or helped her father. She has this belief that she has 'paid for' her life already, but that's not enough to keep her satisfied. A lot is possible: flight, guiding peoples' thoughts, raise castles out of the air, creating something very like to life. She is beginning to understand that she doesn't need to understand others.
Birthday: March 6
Unnamed Bureaucat - Nexus fae, in charge of it all. Not a Reclaimer. Likes organizing and staying in touch with people and ribbons.
Logru - Photoraptor who isn't quite as dumb as he looks. Sword that's a big crystal mace.
Ophelia Graham. Does not plan to leave their original body, but isn't Logru. Female. Will probably be a renegade, without any Racial Charity.
Yam Yamson. Plans to go without a body as a thought.
Yone Reyezula Reindhez. Penguin-hunter girl. To be another giraffe-cat. The wonderworker, forger of Charities into Artifacts.
Mask - Mara's ribbon. 2D, matches speech color. Arm - giant spider, Brow - flying whale/dolphin, Neck - moa, leg - ??? Hair - Floof, Waist - Snake
- Woodswoman cat-cat.
- Just wants power. Male.