Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
As I just said, we're making the OOC thread to get everything organized and have questions asked/answered.
I don't ask questions about stuff I plan on reading/watching, spoiler-phobic.

Plus this means I need to finish reading it sooner so that I can actually keep up with this thread, no matter whether it's neccesary or not. I'm crazy like that

And what do you mean spinoff? If you read/watch Railgun, good. If you have read/watch Index then just keep in mind that magic will be off limits, we are instead focusing on Academy City and the schools for Espers.
Tvtropes say it's a spin-off centered on a character named Mikoto. I was just asking whether I need to read the main manga to get what's going on (Like why they are where they are, have what powers they have and how everything works) but I can gather that I don't

Just knowledge of Railgun will be sufficient to play the RP. Even if you do not know it you can ask us for help. I have not watched a single episode of Bleach yet I know tons about it from Bleachitp.
See first part of this post, it's no fun being told how awesome it is by you guys. I want to watch little pictures telling me it

To start, I'd suggest you make a student character at one of the three schools. (Prestigious academy for girls, Prestigious academy for boys, or average school that is co-ed.) Come up with a good concept, and some sort of power (Canon examples can be anything from classics like teleportation and lightning control to obscure stuff like "making objects thrown by you move at the speed they are thrown at no matter what unless I stop them.")
See, I could do that but I now this about those for now: They're schools.

Making a character on that basis would be unacceptable! (Unless I was really, really bored) so Archive binging here I come!