View Single Post

Thread: One Piece -- Discussion

1. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece -- Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue 7 View Post
    When did Death Note come out? I had thought it was earlier than that, since that's when you'd expect to see all the swag

Well, that depends, I think. K-On set some sort of record for DVD sales, didn't it? And shows like Gundam have 30+ years behind them. It's tough to judge what's super-popular over in Japan, because there are a lot of different metrics- DVD sales, fans talking about them, figure sales (hell, going by that, Nanoha and Fate/Stay Night are up there).

But I'm rambling. I highly doubt Oda will change the name of the manga, but the Anime might do it. Given that they'll probably do some filler leading up to if not during the timeskip*, they should have time to see where Oda's taking the manga by the time they've got to rebrand the show. If they do change it, One Piece: New World would be my guess.

*Though I'm sure they won't do it the way Naruto did. I actually heard the reason they rebranded post-timeskip Naruto as Shippuden was because they'd lost so many fans with all the filler, and had to signal to them that they were done with the crap.
    True, but I was being specific and didn't say much. I meant more Shonen in the same time frame.

One Piece doesn't do much filler as it is, or a least make up it's own arcs (in the Anime). Anyway your probably right. The Naruto manga didn't change it's name, but for some reason I really want a name change for One Piece. REALLY want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Really? Tell that to Double Arts.
    Never heard of it. (Assuming it's non-JUMP) Even if it isn't in JUMP it can still be a competitor, but it'll go through hell to get their.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2010-09-01 at 08:28 PM.
    My art thread! Updated 10/24! C&C Appreciated!
    New unofficial GITP chat. All are welcome--we don't bite, I swear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.