Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
So you get either three times the normal damage (1.5 X 2) or, if they fail their save, at least 16.5 x the damage (assuming a modifier of +10)? I know these abilities are powerful, and being over time makes it pretty weak, but this still may need reconsideration.
Would making the extra damage be negated by healing magic make it slightly better?

Not sure why an AoE makes it harder to resist; that is generally not the case. Anyway, as for the doubling... the way it's worded makes it sound like you get +2 damage per die. I think you may just want to say all damage is tripled, rather than 1.5x'd, if they fail the save. That's less complicated.
Fair enough!

How often are these activated? If it's once per round per creature, then it's fine, and even a little on the weak side (though it is a movement power). If it's every time you pass over them... yeah, that's, assuming you don't increase your speed at all, six saves a round for an unlucky creature, then a blast to the face.

Also, are these abilities "pick once for good" or "pick once a round" "pick at the start of the day" or "choose whenever" type things?
...I totally meant to add that, and forgot, I guess. XD It's meant to be changeable at almost any time.

This is a very cool ability, but very easy to abuse (in open terrain) by simply moving slowly and constantly casting them. Then again, at epic levels open terrain really doesn't exist, and these things move so slowly they probably can't hit anybody, so I guess it evens out the potential to cause a chain reaction of 20+ (possibly superpowered by your first ability) no save eldritch blast's with a whopping 42d6 extra damage on each of them.
Yeah, that was kind of the point; they move slow enough that anyone paying attention should be able to evade them, but if they slip up, it's gonna bite them in the ass.

Just like real Danmaku!

This is pretty nutty, considering by level 30 you probably have a +12 charisma mod at the least, and, when combined with your first ability to increase the damage by a ton (fort save or take tripled damage), that winds up being a maximized eldritch blast with 36 extra damage per die on it, which is... a few thousand. Then again, it's epic, so that's expected.
...I also meant that you can't exactly use the Eldritch Decimation ability; it's essentially both. >>

This is pretty good; all the abilities feel powerful, but it's epic, so they should. It doesn't get any kind of defense, though, which is strange for an epic destiny, especially when three of the four abilities it gets are "Eldritch Blast better."
Well, it's basically meant as a full-offense, blow your foes up while laughing maniacally path.

At any rate, thanks for the insight. *fixes a few things*