I suppose I should have mentioned this as a foreword or an afterthought; this class is meant to represent anyone who feels some sort of rage or anger, and then uses it in order to fight. For instance, one prestige class I made was the Templar, who channels his rage into destroying the evil and impure. This could be a soldier with PTSD, a constable who's family was killed, a scout who can't control his anger; anyone. As the barbarian is currently, it really doesn't do that all that well, and sort of fails to represent varied archetypes, and doesn't even manage to make very different characters crunch-wise, and that is always something that has been sort of a disappointment for me.

Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zagan View Post
Very good image and the quote is just cool.
Thanks! I love DeviantArt. So many good images.

Very interesting, much darker than what I normally like but it's an original angle. It personify the anger in a weird way alsmot like a possesing spirit or something it's an interesting idea.
Yeah, well, that was sort of to show exactly how twisted having so much anger and rage makes a person. Living, fighting, and dying based solely on anger, and for some characters to the point of excluding all other emotions, does not, a healthy psyche make.

Describe like that they look very MAD but I will see with the abilities.
Yeah, I didn't want to make them completely physical abilities only. They get even more MAD with the prestige classes, but then they also start to not care so much about other secondary scores. Hopefully it evens out.

Didn't this contradict the earlier fluff ?
"They hate the law. They also hate the swirling chaos of their emotions. They care not, they just hate."

If they hate both law and chaos, neutral would make sense, but chaos seem to fit best still.
That said i don't much like alignement restriction on base class so i'm fine with any. (particulary because it cut of on some potentially nice multiclass option.)
Anger doesn't define itself along the axes of law and chaos. I would argue that anger supersedes them. To be sure, neutral would probably be better, but like you said yourself; I dislike alignment restrictions a lot. And a knight who channels his anger into protecting others, often to the point of racism and exclusion if he feels that others might harm a member of his "group" or be evil, is a pretty interesting character.

Normal.
OK.

Another very good one.
Thanks!

Same skill point but more choice, hide and move silently I understand for hunting but know (local) ?
Again, I wanted the Barbarian to represent more archetypes than the normal Barbarian does.

Full Bab and good fort save, good will less so since they also get a bonus to will save from the rage. Not sure on that, what's the resonning ?
Their minds steel themselves against outside forces by channeling their anger. Also happens to be the reasoning for them gaining the Mindblank rage ability. Also, a good reflex doesn't make sense mechanically for someone who is actually sort of intent on having damage dealt to them. For the prestige classes that are more skirmisher/scouts, those gain a better reflex save, so I figure it all evens out.

niptick: allowed equal to his barbarian level.
I don't much like the need to take damage to gain point, in some encounter where the enemy use save or suck abilities it could mean that you must deal with only your non rage ability. Perhaps giving a few point at the start of en encounter, not much but just enough to start with ?
Thanks for catching that.
This is alleviated by the Frenzied Strike class ability, the Evasion rage ability (if they decide to get it). Maybe. I was thinking that at higher levels, the Barbarian might gain a set number of rage points per round, probably like 1. Thoughts?

Okay, I big NO enhancement bonus ! This mean that you can't benefit from any magic item or spell from friendly caster unless you have a very good reason, possible, I advise to change that. If you really want to give a type to the bonus moral could work but untype seem fine to me.
You remove the concentration limitation and the inability to cast spell, seem weird. It make perfect sense.
Actually, that was my exact thinking. It makes almost no sense at all that someone so focused on rage and anger, which is an entirely personal and self centered concept, would have to rely on magical items. The rage ability progression was sped up because of that.

Look promising, we'll se when we get there.
Do you gain all the ability you qualify for or do you need to learn them like spell or invocation and if so they're no mean to change them later ?
There is no means to change them, unless you use the retraining rules. I will add that in.

Ah that help with the point.
Yup. Almost all of the prestige classes also progress Frenzied Strike as well.

Much sooner than normal barbarian. Perhaps even too soon but it's hard to tell. Still fourth seem early to me.
Again, this is mostly because the Barbarian does not have access to normal magical items with an enhancement bonus. Actually, this Barbarian is worse off in that sense; if you think about it, at level 20, the WotC version has a +8 bonus to Strength, and if he buys a manual and belt, he has a +19 to Strength, plus his normal level increases, plus his base. So, that is at the very least 42 strength while raging. Compare that to this Barbarian. He only has level based, plus manual, plus rage. That is a total of 12+5+5, plus his base. So, during a rage, he has 40 strength. He can use a belt, for out of combat purposes, but he gains no use for it in combat, which makes sense, because if a barbarian is using anger and rage, why would he want to rely on something besides himself during combat?

This seem to be a little soon too.
See above.

At this level it seem almost fine but still +10.
Again, see above.

Very good.

At this level I have no complaint.
OK.

My favorite of the lot, I wonder why.
I love that picture too. So much epic.

Okay seem clear. A few question:
Do you need to spend the rage point for the ability each round of the rage in addition to the one to maintain it or does it last until the end of the rage.
If you don't need to spend point on the ability do you gain the benefit even when not raging ?
If a rage ability does not have a cost, it is permanent, and always in function. some depend on rage pool, which is always your current rage pool.

Continued in the spoiler:
Spoiler
Show

enhcancement again ?
Yup. I didn't want to have them rely on others, as I stated before.

Hum, what ?!
That's way too strong for a first level ability.
No save ? no skill check even ?
Can the creature do other thing other than attack, like heal itself or an ally, can it chose any mean of attack ? Must it be melee attack ?
You need to work on that one, look at the knight in the PHBII. it's is main class feature and it's not as strong.
Hurgh, I knew I should have read through that ability. Basically, I wanted some way for it to make sure that it takes damage all encounter. Maybe they must make an intimidate check, and if they succeed, the target must attack them, choosing the method, but must attack? And the knight is just a bad class. Honestly. Almost every creature by level 8 will have Mind-blank, and their almost only class ability has just been negated. Yippee. Also, not too many early monsters have an intelligence of more than 4, and those who appear later on usually have mindblank, or immunity to mind-affecting abilities.

Too long duration normal intimidate only last one round and it's a standard action and you must threaten it in melee.
It was based on the beta Pathfinder Barbarian rage power. I have it changed now, 1d4 rounds, plus 1 round per 5 DC you beat your opponents check by.

Perfect and better balanced than the freaking lion totem because you can't get it at first level. Applaude !
Thanks.

10 might be too much at this level, 5 is probably enough. i like the fact that it still allow you to to gain rage point.
OK, 5 it is.

Little strong and not sure it's fitting with the barbarian fluff.
I wanted to make it so that ranged Barbarians were possible. I am working on the ranged Barbarian PrC now.

niptick: "as a bonus on strength check made as part of a bull-rush attempt"
OK.

Cool, no rage point cost ? And does it stack with haste or similar ?
Yup. Any ability that doesn't have a rage cost is always active. And no, I forget to add it in, it does not stack.

The wording is weird, I would have gone with something like that:
"You gain power attack as a bonus feat and it's benefit are enhance, you deal an extra 2 damage per -1 penalty taken. If you already add the feat before gaining this ability this instead increase to 3 damage per - penality"

Or something like that, but the second part is still probably too much.
a bonus feat (even a little late) and an increase in effect is probably enough.
Also what happen if you wield a two hand weapon ?
OK. I will add that in. I based it on the improved power attack class ability of the Frenzied Berserker, and it has no clause. Maybe get rid of the second part of yours, and add in a clause that states that it is 3 per penalty if it is utilized with two handed weapons.

Same remark as with bull-rush.
OK.

niptick: Just to say if they are primary or secondary.
OK.

Can you chose that ability multiple time or change the element ?
The first one. Added in.

Same as with claw. Why twice str mod ? Normally if you only have one natural attack it's 1.5.
Well, the fact that bite attacks in D&D are always .5 if you have multiple always struck me as stupid, considering how insanely powerful some creature's bites are. Also, by that point, the Barbarian must have the Ferality (Claws) rage ability in order to have the (Bite) rage ability, so they already have two natural attacks.

Very good.
Thanks!

Might be a bit strong.
At that level, 5 rage points is probably 1/4 of their total rage pool, and they must take 10 points of damage in order to use it, or hit at least twice, and if they did that, they wouldn't be able to use their rage unless they got hit, or hit again, and considering a large part of their attack modifier comes from their rage, it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Very nice. too much ?
I don't think so. Also, edited in that it doesn't stack with non-Extra Attack line of rage ability extra attacks.

You could just give martial study as a bonus feat but with an initiator level for purpose of that maneuver equal to their barbarian level.
No other idea at the moment.
I guess. Probably a level 1 rage ability, able to be taken multiple times.

It's hard to judge the tier but it stronger than the standard barbarian that's for sure. Some abilties really need balancing but apart from that it's nice.
If i don't peach the Prc don't hesitate to send me a pm.
Thanks for what you have critiqued! I really appreciate it!