View Single Post

Thread: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

1. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken

"So that's how it is. I get it. I thought I might've been off the mark as to your motivations. If the spiritual world is as complicated as our own and we know much less about it then we can't be sure any of our interactions with it will actually be positive in the long run." He paused briefly. "Y'know, I've gotta say, the more you act like you dislike the idea of me meeting your father the more eager I am to see him," said Ken teasingly.

Sayaka
    [Houheiden Shrine]

They walked under the gate to the shrine. Sayaka washed her hands and mouth without saying anything, but when Ken said his response, Sayaka flinched of embarrassing feeling.

"Ah, it's because he is-"

A hand appeared on Sayaka's head with affectionate ruffling.

"It's because he is the best father in the world, right Saya chan?" A cheerful voice that seemed 'there is no worry just to be lazy.' Of the appearance, a kind and cheerful man stood in a pink shirt of reading "Hawaii Vacation" on back. Such a picture inspired thought of pineapple, but not priest.

"F-father! Don't treat me like a kid!" Sayaka exclaimed as she tried to escape from the surprise hug.

"Oh no, my sweet and innocent daughter has brought a boy home. Oh my oh my, what is a father to do but have tears for the lost years he may never have back? How soon must he prepare to see off his little Saya chan?" The mournful and comic priest named Haruaki said.

Sayaka managed to escape and to make a few steps of retreat, a red face and glare.

"He is not my boyfriend and if you keep up with this then maybe that time will come sooner than you think!"

"Oh my, I did not say boyfriend, but it must be like the saying- Stones speak of accidents of tongue and don't forget the singing birds-"

"That isn't a real 'saying'!!" Sayaka sighed. She looked with determined look to Ken.

"He is Ken Go, a first year student at my school." In her look, Ken could see the desperation and resignation.

"Ah? Is that so? To invite a classmate, must it be a 'study together dinner meeting'?" Haruaki put a hand on Ken's shoulder.

"Even if she is stubborn and uncooperative, Please take care of her!" He said to Ken with a small bow and big smile.

"Father!! I'm not a first year student and you know it! Stop the 'lazy appearance' please, this is important!!" Sayaka tried to say again.

Haruaki laughed and pointed at the hall.

"Oh my, I'm sorry to upset you my dear. Let's go inside for proper meeting to talk and you may explain after drinking some tea."

[Inside the Houheiden House]

After they were inside and ice-tea was served, Haruaki sat with more politeness. Some less of the comedy now, and he looked across at Ken. Sayaka sat at the side.

"My name is Haruaki Kondo. I am the priest of Houheiden Shrine and Sayaka's father." He introduced himself.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-10-01 at 01:36 PM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m