1. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 6

Spoiler
    Show
    We set off to attack the Night-Blind Road once again. This time, Mystia Lorelei showed up to defend it. Still, their forces were both outnumbered and outgunned. Mystia's special ability lets her randomize all damage dealt by both sides until her next turn, but that doesn't really give her side a direct advantage, especially when outnumbered.

Marisa goes first, and immediately begins preparing Master Spark. Our enemies weren't in position to damage her well, so the attack goes off at full power, dealing about 120 damage to each of the youkai mooks and 75 to Mystia. Our remaining members pick off the rest of them.

No captures yet again, but one enemy unit has permanently withdrawn from the group. This usually doesn't matter except in cases of long stalemates, where you can actually reduce an army to the point where they can't field enough generic units.

Once taking the Night-Blind Road, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had a RES score of 6 for now. That means an easy development for our last remaining member to accomplish.

Wriggle's Youkai Army had lost one of their bases to Reimu's group. The loss had the members of the army in an uproar.

Mystia: Hey, hey! You were suppose to be so angry at them, yet they ended up winning so easily! What are we gonna do now!?

Wriggle: S-Shut up! We haven't totally lost yet!

You talked really big, but in the end, you're still so weak!

It's not me who's weak, it's all those youkai friends you brought along that're the weak ones!

Ah, how could you say that!?

So what~!?

In the end, the Youkai Army was a hastily-assembled mish-mash, and a single obstacle was enough to send them into collapse. But they had not lost the game yet.

...Let's stop this, it's not over yet. We still have a chance.

Then like I said, what are we gonna do!?

Uh...

No matter how long they tried to think, the situation remained the same. As the possibilities swirled in her mind, her eyes happened to catch a ball of darkness lazing around.

Hey Rumia, you try to think of something too.

She reached her hand towards the ball of darkness, and it slipped inside soundlessly, but there was still no reaction...Right at that moment, she had a flash of inspiration.

Hm...Yeah, that's right! We can use that!

Ehh? What?

Rumia, how far can you spread your darkness?

Rumia: Uhh, if I try really hard, I can cover this whole area, I think. It makes me really tired though.

Okay, then can you use your darkness to cover this area in battle from now on?

Ehh? That'll be so tiring...

You can take it though, right?

Hmm~...If it's that wide though, I can't make it all dark. It'll be about as dark as th enight without any moonlight.

That's fine. We won't be able to see if it's too dark either. But that would be enough to throw off humans.

Huh, you're using your head for once.

This is what decides battles!

Wriggle pointed towards her head, expecting praise for her smarts. Their plan to use their superior senses to beat the humans was a relatively sound one...But just how well will it work?

Turn: 6
    Ouki: 3352
    Ryumaku: 11/21
    Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 9 RES

Enemy Territories:

Faintly Dark Path
    Owner: Youkai Army
    General: Wriggle Nightbug (leader)
    Defense: 175/175

We now possess 2 territories, but our next target won't be as easy. Some armies will deploy an additional strategy or gimmick to make their last territory harder to capture in battle. I'm guess you'd want us to attack the Faintly Dark Path next, but we still have to consider what to do with our remaining action for the turn.

This would be easier if we'd capture an enemy unit one of these days...could use another research monkey, if nothing else.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-10-13 at 01:18 AM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight