Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 10

Spoiler
Show

Wriggle:...What do you want?

Reimu: Perhaps I came here to laugh at you.

How rude.

Taking Yukari's invite to form a team and join the conquering game seemed like the perfect way to take revenge on Reimu, but in the end, Wriggle was placed in Reimu's army's prison.

Isn't it funny, though? In the end, we meet like this after my attempt at revenge...Go ahead and laugh at me if you want.

Ahhh-hahahaha, what an idiot you were. You actually thought you could beat me? How hilarious.

You're not supposed to actually laugh!

You said I could. Well, who cares, that's not what I came here for today.

...What is it, then?

Will you join our army?

............Huh?

Wriggle was flabbergasted as she stared at Reimu, blinking her eyes in surprise.

Your staring is starting to make me feel embarassed...

Are you being serious?

Geez, is this how you treat someone who came all the way here to talk to you? Go ahead and refuse then, I'm sure you'll make an excellent meal with soy sauce.

That's cruelty to prisoner!!

So, are you really going to reject my offer?

......I don't know what you're trying to do, but if you need my strength so badly, then I suppose I should let you borrow it.

...That isn't quite what I said.

If you need to get youkai to help you, then you must really be lacking in manpower, after all. Fine, I'll help you out. You better be grateful!

Wriggle Nightbug became an ally.

Our remaining members successfully develop twice on the Faintly Dark Path, increasing our Ryumaku by another 2 points. This ends our turn.

Alice sat in a chair, reading a book and grumbling to herself. The grumbling was apparently more important, as nothing she was reading was actually registering in her head. The two dolls looked at her worriedly.

Shanghai: ........*tremble tremble*

Hourai: ........*shake shake*

After their mysterious "conversation, the Shanghai Doll placed a teapot and a cup onto a tray, and headed towards Alice. The dolls were worried about their master, but Alice was too busy being mad to notice.

Alice: Bah...She's pretty much never liked me from the start either...Maybe she's trying to insinuate something...

.........*sweat sweat*

The tiny hands holding the tray were starting to tremble, but Alice was still unaware. The Hourai Doll, seeing the Shanghai Doll looking so pitiful, decided to help and flew straight into the back of Alice's head.

Ow! What the...What was that for, Hourai!?

........*point*

........*tremble tremble*

Ah...I'm sorry Shanghai, I didn't know you were here...Thank you for the tea.

Alice took the tray from Shanghai, releasing the heavy load on her. Alice then poured the contents of the teapot into the cup, and took a sip, clearing her mind up a little.

Whew...This won't do, I must be calmer. Now, how should I do this? The forest is large, so I will have to delegate duties...Alright, Shanghai, take care of the entrance. Hourai, please guard the boundary.

*nod nod*

*nod nod*

Shanghai and Hourai accepted Alice's orders with a nod. Although they looked meek and helpless, they were the best of the dolls that accompanied Alice, and were capable of action even while away from their master.

I'll definitely win...Just you watch.

Thus, she had one more reason to win at all costs. Her fight was just about to begin.

Marisa: It's probably cuz of me.

Reimu: Hmm? Are you finally regretting all the evil deeds you've done in your life?

Do ya have short-term memory loss or something'? I'm talking 'bout why she got so mad.

Ahh, yes yes. Go clean it up already?

What are ya talkin' 'bout now?

Hm, was I off the mark again? I was thinking how pitiful she must be, having to deal with a mountain of mushrooms at her entrance hallway.

Who would do that kinda thing?

Then just say it already, geez.

I'm guessin' that she doesn't like me bein' here.

Which means?

I live in the forest after all. If we go with the map, I oughta team up with Alice. But in reality, I'm her enemy right now. That's probably why she's so angry.

I can see the logic in that. I never actually asked, why are you here anyway?

Yukari said herself that we could team up with anyone we wanted.

Then I'm sure there were other people you could team up with besides Alice and myself.

...I just went with the one who had the best chance of winnin' this thing, accordin' to my calculations.

...Ahh, that's how it is. That's rather cunning of you.

Only the smart survive, doncha think?

I said cunning, not smart.

Reimu and Marisa had known each other for a long time. But there were differences in their points of view that both of them had yet to notice.

Turn: 10
Ouki: 6120
Ryumaku: 13/28
Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
Defense: 250/250
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 9 RES (subsequent development costs 18 RES)

Faintly Dark Path
Defense: 175/175
Cost to Develop: 15 RES

Enemy Territories:

Magic Forest Entrance
Army: Forest of Magic Team
General: Shanghai Doll
Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
General: Hourai Doll
Defense: 160/160

Magic Forest Interior
General: Alice Margatroid (leader)
Defense: 210/210

Human Village
Army: Human Village Corps
General: Keine Kamishirasawa (leader)
Defense: 310/310

We're now up to 7 members. Ready for our next orders!