1. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Let's Play Sengokyo Gensokyo - Day 18-19

Spoiler
    Show
    Utilizing every single character over the course of two days, we develop twice on each day, while still dedicating just enough units to the task of recruiting Alice and her dolls.

Reimu: Hmm...I wonder what I should say.

With Alice's considerable skill as a magician, she would no doubt enhance the army's warpower...But after that incident with marisa, it was always going to be hard to speak with her.

Alice: Oh my...What would you be here for?

Wah!

Oh, come on. I'm not a ghost, you know.

No, well, I'm, uh...

It was only a short time after Alice's team had been conquered, but she was already back to her usual self. At the very least, she showed no traces of her argument with Marisa.

...You look disappointed somehow. Well, never mind that. What are you here for?

Ahh, right, right...Uh, do you want to fight together with me, maybe?

...That wasn't particularly persuasive, you know.

Well, I kinda feel like I'm stepping around broken glass here, with that argument between you two and all...

I lost to you all anyway...I don't exactly have the right to refuse.

Um...It's okay if you don't want to.

......It's fine, I'll join. Things will only get tougher from now on, and I doubt you two alone can stand up to it. I'll lend you my strength.

Alice's expression returned to normal as she underlined her resolve.

Well then, let's do our best...Ahh, I should say a little something to that girl, too...Reimu, you don't have to looked so relieved.

...In that case, there's one more matter to settle...

After confirming Alice's position on the matter, Reimu waved Marisa over. She had been lurking further back the whole time.

Marisa: Hey Alice.

Marisa...I'm really sorry about what happened the other day. I wasn't thinking and ended up going too far.

Hey hey, this ain't like you at all. I ain't one to care about people "goin' too far" anyway, so don't worry 'bout it. After all...it was partly my fault too. I said some pretty hurtful things.

...In that case, since we'll be allies from now on, let's do our best.

Right. I'm countin' on ya.

The two managed to reconcile and return back to normal. With that grudge settled, both hoped that no other problems would occur...

Alice Margatroid became an ally.

After losing to Reimu's army, the Shanghai Doll did not go back to her master, and instead remained at the forest. Yet, she delightedly jumped into Alice's arms at the mere sight of her.

Alice: Now now, didn't I tell you to make sure you come home safely?

Shanghai: ......*tremble tremble*

You don't have to worry so much...I lost to them too, after all.

Reimu: Hey, don't leave me in the dark.

Oh, I'm sorry. The little one here was just feeling a little depressed, that's all.

It seemed that the doll was created to be able to function even without her master around. Though with the way she leapt into Alice's arms, she didn't seem like anything more than a little kid.

Hmm, it's kinda weird though. You're controlling that doll after all, so...

Mm? Did you say something?

Oh, no I didn't.

Alright then. This little one will be joining the army with me as well.

......*nod nod*

The Shanghai Doll's hands fell to her skirt as she performed a small curtsy.

Shanghai Doll became an ally.

Alice: Hourai, have you been well?

Hourai: ............

After losing to Reimu's army, Hourai did not return to her master, but instead sat at a deserted area of the forest lifelessly. Alice took the doll into her arms and hugged it tightly.

Reimu: ...Hey, this doll seems really creepy. I can't tell what it's thinking at all. It doesn't react when you talk to it either.

How rude, this girl is just a little reticent, that's all. Right, Hourai?

See? She smiled just now.

Alice called her reticent, yet none of her dolls could talk. Alice said she had smiled, yet Reimu didn't see it at all.

...Sorry, I didn't catch it.

Geez, look more properly next time...Anyway, Hourai, you'll be coming to Reimu's army with me, so make sure you do your best.

............*nod*

Ah, it moved!

In the end, all Reimu could think of was making sure that Hourai wouldn't be staring at her silently at her bedside while she slept...

Hourai Doll became an ally.

Turn: 19
    Ouki: 12489
    Ryumaku: 22/46
    Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 18 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180
    Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Magic Forest Border
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 18 RES

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Enemy Territories:

Human Village
    Army: Human Village Corps
    General: Keine Kamishirasawa (leader)
    Defense: 310/310

Road of Reconsideration
    Army: Higan Guard
    General: Komachi Onozuka
    Defense: 190/190

Muenzuka
    Army: Higan Guard
    General: Shikieiki Yamaxanadu (leader)
    Defense: 215/215

Special Events Available:

Declare War: Human Village Corps
    9 NEG is required to declare war.

Declare War: Higan Guard
    10 NEG is required to declare war.

Characters:

It looks like most people have decided on targetting the Higan Guard first. My question is, what do we do on this turn? Declare war? Attack? Develop? Buy out Marisa's stock of items (or maybe not all)? Or should we use up some of that ouki on levels?

Hourai is watching you while you sleep.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-10-22 at 10:28 PM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight