1. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 36

Spoiler
    Show
    Cirno: I guess it's about time to go, huh?

Letty: To go where?

To that Hakurei shrine maiden's place to do this "war declaration" thingie.

W-Wait a minute. Do you even know what declaring war means?

Ehh? Uh...

It's not tasty.

I-I know that! I know what it is, i-it's like...It's like hitting your opponent with a glove!

How does she manage to say things that are somehow right, yet still very wrong...

Anyway, that's part of our main objective, so we're gonna beat her up real good.

And then I can go back to sleep, I guess that works out fine...

Ehh? Did you say something?

No. Anyway, if you're going to declare war, send another fairy to do it. If you go, you're sure to start a fight.

Bah, I wouldn't do that. Besides, I'm the strongest, so even if I did, it wouldn't be a problem.

*sigh*...Just do whatever you want then.

Well, it'll be kinda annoying to do myself anyway, so I'll do as you said.

...Then, at the Hakurei Shrine...

Marisa: Hey Reimu, a fairy just gave me a glove...The heck is this supposed 'ta mean?

Reimu: How would I know?

...In the end, the message wasn't really properly delivered.

"Strongest Fairy Army" - War has been declared

If there initial message wasn't clear enough, the Strongest Fairy Army made sure we got their point soon enough. Wasting no time, they immediately attack the Human Village.

Of course, with our best fighters still available, we have little problem repelling their assault. The Strongest Fairy Army isn't strong in the sense of brute force, but they can be very tricky, as several of their members possess very unique abilities that make direct attacks difficult to implement. However, I have experience fighting them, so I don't really have a problem with their tricks. They do have an awful lot of unique characters, though, which means very few chances to capture generic units.

Poor Cirno is one of the only two army leaders in the game who doesn't get their own battle theme. Wriggle is the other.

Medicine had left the Nameless Hill, but she was not particularly going anywhere, so she just ended up flying around randomly. But her eyes suddenly became attracted to a vast sea of yellow.

Medicine was never one for sunflowers, but since she had a vague memory of visiting a sunflower field before, she decided to drop down and take a closer look at it.

Medicine: It's not like I had a place in mind anyway~...Ahh, they make me feel bad even up close.

She walked slowly through the field, looking upwards at the sunflowers that grew even taller than her. Many of the large flowers looked like suns pointing at her, making her feel even worse than ever.

All these flowers of the sun pointing in one direction really does feel awful. Their colour is so bad for the eyes too, I can't relax around here.

???: My, I think these vivid colours are quite brilliant myself.

W-Who are you!?

She quickly turned towards the direction of the voice. At first, the sunflowers in the way made the owner of the voice hard to see, but the sunflowers then separated at once to reveal the figure clearly.

Yuuka: Hello. It's been a while, hasn't it?

.........Who are you?

My my, you could forget someone like me, who's as bright and colourful as a sunflower? That's rather mean.

I forgot about you because you're like a sunflower.

That's unfortunate, it's rare for anyone to be able to forget such prettiness.

Do you mean you, or the sunflowers?

Both.

She caressed a sunflower's stalk as she murmured. They had indeed met before, but since Medicine had the memory of a doll, it was to be expected that she'd forget.

...I'm kinda getting the feeling that we've talked before.

My, you remember me now? I'm glad. That reminds me, I never did get your name. I'm Yuuka Kazami. And you would be?

Medicine. Medicine Melancholy.

From your name and your body, I suppose it's obvious that you would dislike sunflowers. So, what would your melancholic self be doing here? Planning to move?

Why would I desert Ms. Su to stay in a place like this? I was just a bit bored, so I came out to play.

My, how fortuitous, I'm quite bored myself...Though I don't think you'd make an adequate partner to play with.

That's so rude! Ms. Su's poison is invincible!

It's just a little joke. Besides, it's always a tragedy to see a flower wither away due to poison.

Although they seemed to trade provocative words, it was just banter that signified a normal, peaceful and boring day. Although Yuuka and Medicine were fundamentally different, they both shared the same feeling of wanting something big to happen. Just as a flower needs its water, the mind needs enrichment as well.

...And then, blessings of rain from above began to fall and quench the thirst of their minds.

???: If' you're that bored, then I have something really interesting for you right here~.

Eh, did you say something?

...Look up.

Medicine looked up to the sky as she was told to, and saw a crack quickly opening up in the blue sky, with a purple figure emerging from it.

Yukari: Hello and good afternoon, it's certainly raining sunlight today, isn't it?

Be clearer. Will it be a bright or a rainy day?

Yuuka's face began to tighten into a scowl. There were very few who would argue against these two women being amongst the most powerful in Gensokyo. And the two of them were now facing off...But unlike Yuuka, Yukari had a calm and light look on her own face.

My my, don't make such a scary face, mm? I didn't come for that today.

...How boring. What are you here for, then?

As I said, I have something really interesting for you all~.

I'm not a fan of your brand of salesmanship.

My, is that so? That's too bad, I had such a wonderful way for you to kill some time as well.

...I suppose I could listen to your offer.

I like it when you're honest. You over there, do listen carefully as well.

Huh? What did you say, Ms. Person as Purple as Ms. Su?

Here you go. Share this copy, please.

Yukari handed over a familiar-looking document as she spoke. It was another copy of the participation information she had been distributing. After reading through the instructions, they both looked up.

What's this supposed to be? And if you came here personally, you might as well have explained it to us verbally.

It took me quite a while to make that, you know. It makes my job easier as well. So, how about it? I believe it's a good way to relieve your boredom.

Hmm, I'm not really sure, but it's basically about inviting friends and fighting together, right? I don't have any friends besides Ms. Su.

My, but you do. You have one right next to you, after all.

Ehh?

The two turned to look at each other, then immediately began to protest.

Now hold on a second, when did I become a friend of this girl?

Suzuran and sunflowers together?! That's like water and oil, or dolls and humans!

Oh, don't those go well together?

Whatever the case, I have no interest in such tedious things. If you wish to kill some time, then let's fight it out right here, right now.

My, you get heated up awfully easy, mm? If you wish to fight me so badly, then there is one person you will have to defeat first...Reimu Hakurei.

Reimu...

You lost to Reimu in the past, didn't you? A youkai who gets beaten by her is no match for me.

Hmph...There's no way I'm going to take that lying down. Fine, I shall play with Reimu a little while as an appetizer.

Yes yes, very good. And what about you, Ms. Doll?

Ehh, me? I...I don't know.

You're aiming for the liberation of all dolls, aren't you? Then you'll have to work hard and gather a lot of allies~.

Well, that's true...But how did you know that?

...Just what are you planning?

Now now, don't worry so much. I'll jot you two down as participants then, do your best~. Ahh, I'm even busier than a bee these days~.

As soon as she finished what she wanted to say, Yukari jumped back into her gap without giving the orders a chance to stop her. The two left behind turned to look at each other again.

Just what was that all about...I feel like she was pulling my strings like a puppet. What about you? What do you plan to do?

Hmm...She said I could liberate all dolls, so I can't back down now. I'll have to gather allies and fight the humans eventually.

You should be the leader, then. Such things are far too annoying for me.

W-Whaaa!?

The battles take place between groups, so we need to decide a leader. It's written right here. I'm not very interested in dolls, but this fits well, doesn't it?

I guess so...alright, I accept! I'll do my best to raise the social status of dolls, and liberate them from the humans!

Getting to know the outside world, its residents, and even herself. To medicine, this was a chance for her to grow, and find some allies to her cause at the same time...And so, Medicine's battle for the liberation of all dolls began.

...Hey, what about me?

"Doll Liberation Front" has been formed.
    Garden of the Sun placed under control of the Doll Liberation Front.
    Nameless Hill placed under control of the Doll Liberation Front.

Turn: 36
    Ouki: 4452
    Ryumaku: 48/73
    Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Magic Forest Border
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190
    Cost to Develop: 15 RES

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 310/310
    Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Enemy Territories:

Misty Lake
    Army: Strongest Fairy Army
    General: Cirno (leader)
    Defense: 225/225

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Reisen Udongein Inaba
    Defense: 205/205

Eientei
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
    Defense: 230/230

Garden of the Sun
    Army: Doll Liberation Front
    General: Yuuka Kazami
    Defense: 175/175

Nameless Hill
    Army: Doll Liberation Front
    General: Medicine Melancholy (leader)
    Defense: 205/205

Special Events

War Declaration: Doll Liberation Front
    Costs 11 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Eientei Forest
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

We've bought out the item shop again, although I still haven't used the Health Pill yet. I've spent some Ouki to raise a few levels, so we're kind of low at the moment, but we've generally been in the black for Ouki production even after battles.

The big question now is which of the three armies we should concentrate on at the moment.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-10-31 at 10:08 PM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight