1. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 38

Spoiler
    Show
    We take the Garden of the Sun in one more attack. Yuuka puts up a valiant fight, as even when she's at nearly half health, she still hits with immense force.

BGM: Faint Dream ~ Inanimate Dream ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

However, a single super-star isn't quite enough to carry an entire army. They may have one strong member, but we've got several. Using the same idea as before, we take the time to get our ranged attackers out of Yuuka's melee range and bombard her with quick spells, more or less ignoring the rest of her entourage. This turns out to be enough for victory.

Yuuka: Ahh, my beautiful sunflowers have been trampled upon by Reimu's army!

Medicine: Ugh, how could this be!?

In any case, let's retreat for now. There is still...yes, the Nameless Hill.

I hope Ms. Su doesn't get frightened from all the humans and youkai coming. If it was the best season of all, I could just poison them all too...

...Would you like me to use my power? I can generate quite a lot of poison...

Hmm...Let's not. I don't want Ms. Su to be overworked either.

Alright...Let's retreat from this area, then. A veeeery scary shrine maiden will capture you if you're not quick about it.

Wahh, I hate scary stuff!

Reimu, I'll remember this!

BGM: Pranked!

Cirno: Heeey, let's go freeze some frogs!

Daiyousei: Ehhh? I can't do weird things to frogs like you can, so it's booooring.

Hmm, then let's go see the giant toad at the mountain!

Ah, I want to see that! But it's kinda far, will we get scolded again?

If you're always so worried about things like that, you'll never do anything!

I just don't wanna be scolded again~. That youkai is really scary when she's angry.

I guess she'd be angry, huh? It'll have been awesome if she came along too...Then, let's think up of some new pranks.

A-greed! Let's see...How about when a human is fishing, you freeze the fish before they can reel it in?

We did that already...it was fun, but I got all wet afterwards and it sucked.

Hmm...I know! When a human starts to fish, freeze the hook before he catches anything! He'll then reel it up, and the ice block will hit him in the head!

That sounds cool! But I don't wanna dive into the water, I'll get all wet again.

How about if you take off your clothes?

I don't wanna go that far for a prank.

Boo, stop thinking about this and that and just do it!

Don't be so unreasonable, what do you think I am!?

Huuuh, aren't you supposed to be the strongest? Yet you can't do something simple like that?

Ooh...Y-Yeah, I'm the strongest, so getting wet isn't a problem, but...

Okay! Let's start practicing then!

Huh? P-Practice?

If you don't practice, you might mess up when a human comes to fish, you know. C'mon, go give it a try!

O-Okay already! ...Hyah!

Pfff! *cough cough*...Now that I think about it, since when does something like this need training!?

Hehe...Ahahahahahahaha! You're dripping wet, Cirno! Ahahahahaha...

...You were...H-How dare you trick me!!

Wah~, don't get mad~! It was just a little prank~!

Shut up, shut up! Take this!

Ahhh! Don't throw ice, it hurts, it huuuurts!

Letty: ...Please let me sleep in peace...

The fairies once again mount an assault on the human village. Their strength still hasn't improved, though, so our reserve members still had little trouble taking them down. Even with Star Sapphire's ability to shift the battle guage greatly in their favor at the beginning, we still fight back bit by bit and overwhelm them with superior firepower.

The Nameless Hill, avoided by human and youkai alike. A lonely and quiet place, with the grass rustling from the wind providing the only audible sound. It was where Medicine awakened long ago, and where she still lived.

Medicine: I wonder...what should I do to liberate all the dolls? Hey, Ms. Su? What do you think I should do?

The suzuran simply swayed with the wind, providing no answers.

It's kinda hard to liberate them when I'm the only doll who moves by myself. Otherwise, there's only non-moving dolls and controlled dolls.

Hey Ms. Su, if I liberate the dolls from the humans, will they happily come with me?

The suzuran continued to sway left and right, as if they were answering that they didn't know.

You don't know, huh? I don't either. But maybe...Maybe if I get stronger, and my heart gets bigger, then everyone will start to follow me.

Her mutterings disappeared into the air. She didn't like to mope around or think to much, so she decided to just take things as they come, one at a time.

Hm...Well, I'm not gonna get anything done if I think too much! I'll just do like that lady in Ms. Su's colors said, and make lots of allies. Cheer for me okay, Ms Su? I gotta do something by the time the next season comes...I'll do my best for the liberation of all dolls!

The lecture that Eiki gave was starting to change her outlook, slowly, but surely...But she still had not yet felt the pain of setbacks and frustration.

Our worst situation came up: an attack from both the Strongest Fairy Army and the Doll Liberation Front in a single turn. With almost no good fighters left to fend off the second assault, we have no choice but to accept the loss.

Turn: 38
    Ouki: 8630
    Ryumaku: 49/77
    Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Magic Forest Border
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190
    Cost to Develop: 18 RES

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 310/310
    Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Garden of the Sun
    Defense: 95/175
    Cost to Develop: 9

Enemy Territories:

Misty Lake
    Army: Strongest Fairy Army
    General: Cirno (leader)
    Defense: 225/225

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Reisen Udongein Inaba
    Defense: 205/205

Eientei
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
    Defense: 230/230

Nameless Hill
    Army: Doll Liberation Front
    General: Medicine Melancholy (leader)
    Defense: 205/205

Special Events

War Declaration: Eientei Forest
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-11-02 at 11:43 PM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight