Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 43

Spoiler
Show
One last attack on the Nameless Hill. We're not losing this one again.

BGM: Poison Body ~ Forsaken Doll ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

This time things go in our favor. We lead off with Aya, Marisa, and Shikieiki each launching a blazing salvo on Yuuka from afar, bringing her down immediately to more manageable levels.

A terrifying Master spark from Marisa a short while later is the final nail in their coffin. With Yuuka no longer around to beat Marisa down before it fires, we take out almost their entire squad with this devastating assault.

Also, an interesting surprise occurred. Notice a familiar face amongst Medicine's allies there?

String Doll was taken prisoner.

The "Doll Liberation Front" promised the freedom of all dolls as its slogan, but its time was up. Reimu stood haughtily over the exhausted Yuuka and Medicine.

Reimu: And that seals my victory. Someone like me, who exterminates youkai for a living, isn't going to lose to any youkai at all.

Yuuka: ...We may have lost according to the rules...But I don't believe I've lost, myself.

What, are you trying to say that you would've won if you could've gone all out?

...Don't say such silly things. If Gensokyo as it is now were to experience my true power...Well, it's certainly a different era now. Even I have have become more peaceful since those old days. Wouldn't you agree?

As if...Someone who's "peaceful" wouldn't send letters like you did.

I suppose I shall just overlook your impudence for today. Do be thankful.

Yes yes, thank you very much...Geez, I really hate dealing with you, it's so tiring...And what about that kid?

BGM: Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Medicine stood by Yuuka's side, staring at the ground, with nary a word emanating from her lips. Her lips were shut firmly, and her palms clasped tightly around each other.

Hey...Are you alright?

Medicine: I couldn't do it...I knew I wouldn't be able to do it...

C'mon, there's no need to beat yourself up so much...You just had the worst possible opponent, that's all.

I got everyone's help because I kept proclaiming that it was all for the liberation of all dolls...but we lost. I really can't do anything.

I told you, don't take it so hard...It's just a game, you know.

Reimu...Be quiet.

Yuuka scolded Reimu with a sharp expression onher face. Reimu was readying a comeback, but upon seeing Yuuka's unusually serious expression, she decided to keep it in.

...don't be so hasty, you're still learning after all. You're still a newborn baby compared to me.

Yeah...You're right.

Mmhm. If you feel so regretful, then go out and get even more experience so that it doesn't happen again.

...Okay. Thanks.

No problem. Cheer up, alright?

A small smile returned to Medicine's sad face upon receiving Yuuka's encouragement. But unsurprisingly, things could never be the same again...And Reimu was still completely lost as to what was going on.

...You're done? Geez, seeing you two talk about a topic that seems so important is really uncomfortable.

My, are you that lonely without your allies around?

...I'll blow you away, I swear it. Anyway, you all lost, so you have to do as I say now.

Ooh, how frightening. But I suppose you're correct. Do as you wish.

...We really did lose, huh.

...And so, the curtain fell on another battle.

"Doll Liberation Front" has fallen.
Medicine Melancholy has been taken prisoner.
Yuuka Kazami has been taken prisoner.

Hakugyokurou. A mansion located in the netherworld, where the Saigyouji Clan, tasked with the management of ghosts, resides. The 200-yojana long garden is its pride, as well as the atmosphere and cherry blossoms.

The maintainer of that beautiful, majestic and mysterious garden, and the gardener of the Saigyouji Clan, Youmu Konpaku, was flying around the garden in a frenzy.

Youmu: Whew...That should be enough. This garden is so big, one person couldn't possibly maintain it all...It would be good if Lady Yuyuko found another helper.

With a light complaint of tiredness, she began her daily sword training after maintaining the garden. The two swords she wielded, Hakurouken and Roukanken, seemed to release her tiredness with each swing.

It's still quite warm...It seems I am not able to fully clear my mind yet. Though the feeling of sweating from practicing my swordsmanship feels good.

Despite being a gathering of ghosts, Hakugyoukurou experiences the heat and coldness of the 4 seasons too. Youmu's sword continues its steady swing up and down...And a single figure watched her from behind a tree.

...What would you be doing, Lady Yuyuko?

Yuyuko: My, you found me? Very good, Youmu. I see you have not forgotten to be aware of your surroundings. Your readiness is praiseworthy indeed.

The figure of Yuyuko Saigyouji, the master of Hakugyokurou whom Youmu served, emerged from the shade. She had her usual aloof expression on her face, keeping anyone from being able to tell what she was thinking.

However, your complaints were unacceptable. You are to maintain this garden precisely because it is large. Anyone else doing so would not let me rest in peace.

You wouldn't ever rest in peace anyway...But you were listening all the while, Lady Yuyuko?

Yes I was. I appreciate the effort you expend every day, but you will not be given a helper.

I was never hoping for one, and it isn't necessary either, so it is fine. It is a little strange to see you come all the way here, though. Ahh, are you here to practice your swordsmanship? I'm afraid I have no practice fencing sticks with me, so I must return to the mansion to retrieve one...

I'm afraid you've got it wrong, we can save that for next time. I came here to look for you specifically.

I always return to the mansion properly after I've finished with my work. I'm not a lost little child, you know.

War is brewing.

You're always treating me like a kid and...Ehhh!? Where is it? who is attacking us!? Ahh, we must hurry and cut them down at once...!

My, children who refuse to listen to the end should learn how to calm down as well.

Lady Yuyuko, a war is not anything to be calm about!

Yukari has told me of an interesting game that she has thought of. So we shall be playing as well.

Something that Lady Yukari thought of? That gives me a very ominous feeling.

My, this time, she has something that will involve all of Gensokyo. We were punished for the Spring Incident, but this kind of game should garner no complaints.

Err...I think it would be natural to expect punishment for what we did during that Spring Incident...

A-ny-way! Yukari took great pains to set this event up, so we shall be participating as well. Make sure to use your swords to slice up our enemies.

Lady Yuyuko, these swords were not made to cut through living flesh.

The unfolding of weapons, under a hail of blossoms...Doesn't that sound like a true warrior's battle? Oh, the details are right here, so give it a read-through. And do call that band from the other side of the barrier to join in as well. Ahh, I'm getting quiet hungry, I wonder what's for tea-time today?

Yuyko handed over the sealed letter she got from Yukari to Youmu, then returned to the mansion. leaving Youmu at a loss.

Ah, Lady Yuyuko! *sigh*...This is almost certainly going to get weird...The scale of this is far too large, even for Lady Yukari.

Yukari: It's more fun to play with a hundred people than to play by yourself, isn't it?

That may be so, but...Uwaaaah!?

Just as Youmu turned her head towards the voice in shock, yukari retreated and closed her gap at the exact same time.

Oooooh...It feels like the two of them prepared this just to make fun of me...

Youmu let her shoulders droop as far as they could, then set out to run Yuyuko's errands.

Turn: 43
Ouki: 13440
Ryumaku: 54/84
Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
Defense: 250/250
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Faintly Dark Path
Defense: 175/175
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Entrance
Defense: 180/180
Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Magic Forest Border
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Interior
Defense: 210/210
cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
Defense: 190/190
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Muenzuka
Defense: 215/215
Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
Defense: 310/310
Cost to Develop: 21 RES

Garden of the Sun
Defense: 175/175
Cost to Develop: 9

Nameless Hill
Defense: 205/205
Cost to Develop: 6

Enemy Territories:

Misty Lake
Army: Strongest Fairy Army
General: Cirno (leader)
Defense: 225/225

Lost Bamboo Forest
Army: Eientei Forest
General: Reisen Udongein Inaba
Defense: 205/205

Eientei
Army: Eientei Forest
General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
Defense: 230/230

Special Events

War Declaration: Eientei Forest
Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

Prisoners:

Got some prisoners again, although I'm not sure if I want to re-recruit String Doll now, since I doubt we'd use it for combat, and it lacks a RES score. Yuuka has awesome stats, but she'll need some level boosts to bring her up to par with the rest of our party (at least 3, if not 4, which cost 1500 each). I don't know how she just lost 17 levels when joining, when nearly everyone else joins at the same level as they appeared in battle when playing on Normal mode.

We also have some more items to purchase, if we'd like. This time there's an Intelligence Pill and a Vitality Pill, which raise RNG and DEF respectively for 4500 Ouki each.

Where to next? Eientei? The fairies? Or maybe even wait for Hakugyokurou? I don't think we can fight the Yakumo Clan until they're the only ones left, so don't worry too much about running into them early.

I like Youmu's wide range of expressions. I actually find it sort of funny.