Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 44-45

Spoiler
Show
Reimu: Good afternoon. How are you doing?

Medicine: ...What do you want?

Reimu's casual greeting was met by the depressed and ambitionless Medicine.

Gah, still feeling down huh...Really, what's wrong? Are you that depressed about losing?

You were just going with Yukari's words, weren't you? I don't know what she said to you, but in the end, it's just a game, so...

It wasn't a game.

Ehh?

That purple-coloured lady told me to work really hard to liberate all the dolls...But I failed.

Hm...So you've given up?

I really tried my hardest. But in the end, I couldn't do anything.

...I can't say I fully understand what you're going through, but do you really have to do it all by yourself?

Huh...?

And what's the connection between you joining Yukari's game and your goal of the liberation of dolls anyway?

That's...because she said I could find more people who are willing to help me...so...

Then I don't see the problem here.

What do you mean?

Medicine was unable to fully grasp the extent of Reimu's words. Reimu, looking at the confused Medicine, continued slowly with her lecture.

You lost to me, that's true. But that doesn't mean you can't find allies to your cause anymore. If anything, isn't it only getting started?

Uh...um...

Ahh, that Yuuka said something similar too, didn't she? Anyway, if you still want to go for it, why not join up with me?

Huh?

Let's work together and finish this whole mess.

Why would I work with...a human...

So you don't want to?

...No, I will. I'll try it, like you said.

That's good to hear. Let's do our best, alright?

Once again, the Medicine that was abandoned by humans, returned to serve under them. With that, she took a first, important step out of the tiny world she lived in.

Medicine Melancholy became an ally.

Reimu: ...Hey, what did I come here for?

Marisa: I gotta be worried if you're the one askin' me.

Yuuka: It would worry me too. It's rather rude of you to say that as soon as you see me, though.

Quiet, you.

You don't have to ask anyway, I already know. You want my strength, don't you?

...Let's just go back.

C'mon, ya should know just how strong she is, right? It'll definitely be better to have her on our side.

So you understand it well, Marisa. By the way, have you been able to master it yet? You know, my...

Ah-ahh, I'm not listenin'.

I suppose it's a subject I should stay away from. Anyway, it's boring to leave the game just because I lost, so I will assist you all.

You don't have to if you don't want to.

Oh don't you worry about that. Besides, you're sure to go to her...To Yukari's territory, aren't you? I'm certainly not useless either, so it's win-win.

Win-win? You're getting the most out of it!

Let me know when to meet up with the rest. Goodbye~.

As soon as she finished what she wanted to say, Yuuka flew off from the area, leaving behind the sighing Reimu.

Management's a tough job, eh? Keep it up.

You're the one who started all this!

Yuuka Kazami became an ally.

Youmu: ...So, let's work together if possible.

Lunasa: ...Hmm, it's a bit worrying. Our orchestra is not a mercenary unit, you know.

The Blossoms Barrier. A barrier located far into the horizon that divided the netherworld from the world of the living. It had been broken since the Spring Incident, and has stayed that way since.

At the barrier which made it unclear which side was which, the person who was unclear whether she was a ghost or a human went to talk to the poltergeists who were definitely ghosts. The person speaking to Youmu was the eldest of the three sisters of the orchestra. She was Lunasa Prismriver, the violinist of the group.

Well, yes, but...

Your mistress always treats us quite well though, so it shouldn't be a problem for me.

That's good...

...You look rather relieved. Like you didn't need to do something extremely troublesome.

No no, not at all...I'm sure that I alone won't be enough for this anyway.

You go through an awful lot, don't you? Anyway, I can't make a decision by myself, so you should ask my little sisters as well.

Lunasa then took her violin and slowly began her song. To put it kindly, it was calming. To put it bluntly, it was a dark, depressing melody that resounded all over the area.

Ahh, this feeling of immense gloom is overcoming...seriously...*siiigh*...

Are you that affected by it? ...Ah, here she comes.

The second sister and trumpeter, Merlin Prismriver, came flying right over upon hearing the sounds of a violin. She flapped her hands rather dangerously while she was still holding her trumpet.

Merlin: Sister, you shouldn't~. Your solo performances always does a real number on our listeners~.

Are you calling me dangerous? Your own solo trumpet performances does terrible things to people who listen to it too, you know...Right?

*sigh*...Ehh? Did you say something?

Oh, never mind. My little sister is here, so give her an explanation as well.

Ah, yes, understood. Well...

......Hm, that's a li'l worrying. We're an orchestra, not a bunch of bodyguards.

That's the same thing she said.

We are sisters, after all. What did you decide to do, sister?

I want to hear your opinion, and Lyrica's too. I personally have no problem with it, though.

It's okay with me too then~. It sounds great anyway, doesn't it? Everyone's gathering together, making so much noise and having so much fun~.

Thank you very much...Although I think you might be slightly mistaken.

We'll have to ask Lyrica too. She'll make a fuss if we leave her out.

Yeah~, let's call her over then.

Lunasa readied her violin, and Merlin her trumpet, and they began their performance anew. At first they seemed perfectly harmonious, but the contrary dissonance of their sounds and personalities confused Youmu greatly.

Ahh...I want to rest a bit...Ahh, moving my body around is so fun!...*sigh* Please recruit some additional help, Lady Yuyuko...

Lyrica: Wait, wait! See what happens when you two perform alone? Don't do that!

At some point, the youngest sister and keyboardist Lyrica Prismriver appeared next to the utterly messed up Youmu.

*sigh*...Ah, uh, about what I said, please don't tell Lady Yuyuko about it...

Hehe, maybe I should~.

Hey, stop that. You're going to cause trouble for us.

You all are the cause of this trouble in the first place, sisters. Both solos and duos are dangerous. Anyway, why are you here?

Alright, explanation time.

Again~...? *sigh* Okay, actually...

......Huh, that sounds great. It's like a festival, right?

...Her reaction was different.

That's because Lyrica is strange.

I don't wanna hear that from you, sister. Anyway, what did you two decide to do?

We both agreed~.

I see, that's great then.

Yes, thank you very much. I will probably be imposing on you all in the future, but let's work well together.

Youmu bowed deeply to the three sisters, then crossed over the barrier and back towards Hakugyokurou.

Okay, we'll have to practice more for our upcoming live performance~.

Yes, we must not give an embarassing account of ourselves.

Everyone, no matter human, youkai, or ghost, will be KO'd by our harmony!

At Lunasa's signal, the three sisters began to play their instruments. The beautiful melody and chords resounded around the Blossoms Border, with no one fortunate enough to be around to hear it.

"Hakugyokurou Hades" has been formed.
Blossoms Barrier has been placed under control of Hakugyokurou Hades.
Hakugyokurou Stairs has been placed under control of Hakugyokurou Hades.
Hakugyokurou has been placed under control of Hakugyokurou Hades.

Our last turn ends with another attack by the fairies on the Human Village. But seriously now, no unique units? Just a bunch of generics? I am very disappointed.

We destroy them in short order. Yuuka throws around tons of damage, etc.

Turn: 45
Ouki: 4676
Ryumaku: 62/87
Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
Defense: 250/250
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Faintly Dark Path
Defense: 175/175
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Entrance
Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
Defense: 160/160

Magic Forest Interior
Defense: 210/210
cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
Defense: 190/190
Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Muenzuka
Defense: 215/215
Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
Defense: 310/310
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Garden of the Sun
Defense: 175/175
Cost to Develop: 9

Nameless Hill
Defense: 205/205
Cost to Develop: 6

Enemy Territories:

Misty Lake
Army: Strongest Fairy Army
General: Cirno (leader)
Defense: 225/225

Lost Bamboo Forest
Army: Eientei Forest
General: Reisen Udongein Inaba
Defense: 205/205

Eientei
Army: Eientei Forest
General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
Defense: 230/230

Blossoms Barrier
Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
General: Prismriver Sisters
Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
General: Youmu Konpaku
Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
Defense: 235/235

Special Events

War Declaration: Eientei Forest
Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Hakugyokurou Hades
Costs 12 NEG to declare war.

Bought out the store, but still haven't used any of the pills we've obtained so far. Any suggestions?

It seems like people are leaning towards attacking the Strongest Fairy Army next, but there's still time to cast your vote!

Also, was Merlin always this cute? I don't even remember her from my first two playthroughs, although I guess I kind of ignored the cutscenes at this point. Still, Lunasa's my favorite sister, and one of my overall favorite characters.