Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 47

Spoiler
Show
Why did they end up at the village every time they set out for the lake? Reimu and Marisa went to the Human Village to try and sort out and investigate the puzzle.

Marisa: This place's the closest to the lake, so maybe we'll get some good info here.

Reimu: I wonder...if the lake is really the same as it was before.

They then went around, talking to the villagers they saw and asking them about the lake.

Villager #1: Ehh, the lake? Did something happen there? Hm, I can't tell you much about it, I'm afraid. That place is dangerous, so I try not to go there.

Villager #2: I'm sorry, but I don't go to the lake often, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Villager #3: You know the ice fairy there, right? She froze my crops before, she was such a pain. Be careful of her.

Villager #4: Speaking of fairies, there were a trio of them causing a big fuss at the reservoir recently. Water is precious here, so I gave chase, but as soon as I got close...

Villager #5: Those fairies, as soon as they noticed me, they disappeared without a sound! I heard something about a lake just before, though. Is that related, maybe?

...They then took a break to sort out the information they gathered.

It seems like not a single one of 'em knows what we're talkin' about for sure.

That last villager...He talked about a trio of fairies...Does that bring anything to your mind?

Hm...Sorta. But nothin' that makes a huge impression.

This is worrying. We won't be able to solve this mystery at this rate. We need to find out more details...

Fairies...A trio of fairies...disappeared without a trace or sound...Hey Reimu, when we went to the lake, were you able to hear anything?

Now that you mention it...It was almost entirely silent except for a buzzing in my ears...Now that's sounding suspicious.

That seems to be related, yeah. I think we should try and find out who we're dealin' with.

And how would we investigate a trio of fairies...? Doesn't sound like it'd be terribly easy.

Sounds like it'd be terrible, actually. Let's see what we can do though.

Reimu and Marisa went to Akyu to inquire about fairies who could conceal their sounds and figures.

Reimu: Akyu, are you there?

Akyu: My, how may I help the two of you?

Marisa: We came to take a quick peek at the Gensokyo Chronicles.

Oh, again? I thought you looked through it quite a bit already.

Actually, it's for this and that, and so on and so forth.

I see, so it is about such and such?

What the heck are you two on about?

Ahh, just ignore that, please. I shall bring it here, so please wait a little while.

Akyu disappeared into the mansion, and eventually reappeared, holding several volumes of books.

Whew...So, you two would like to investigate further on a certain trio of fairies, correct?...I...I am so touched...

H-H-Hey, what's wrong?

Gensokyo has changed so much throughout the generations of Hiedas...But to see that the Gensokyo Chronicles, a creation of the first generation, is fulfilling its purpose...It makes me feel very emotional.

That's just slightly creepy...Anyway, does a trio of fairies ring any bells?

A trio of fairies certainly is not an everyday sight. I believe this is what you are looking for.

Akyu took one of the many volumes of the Chronicles out as she spoke, and flipped the pages until it settled on something regarding fairies. She then opened it up for Reimu and Marisa to see.

Hmm..."The Light-Bending Sunny Milk", "The Sound-Manipulating Luna Child", and "The Animate-Detecting Star Sapphire"...

I feel like I've seen 'em somewhere before.

Your experience of returning to the village after setting out for the lake can be explained by this.

How so?

Every object in this world requires light to be reflected off it for the eye to recognize it. If light were to bend around me, my figure would not be seen. Furthermore, if you think about it the opposite way, reflecting light onto scenery in a creative way can make something similar to an optical illusion.

So ya mean...We were goin' towards what LOOKED like the lake, but we were actually headin' towards the village instead?

They would also use their ability to detect animate objects to sense your presence, then use their ability to conceal to confuse your sense of direction.

That's a pretty good plan for a bunch of fairies, honestly. How can we get around it though?

Well...Waiting for a rainy day would be the best option, but the weather is not something you can count on.

...Nah, we don't need'ta wait for that. I've got a plan.

Just as I expected, Marisa. I always had faith in you.

Yep yep, pour it on. Anyways, now that we know their tricks, there's nothin' to it. Just leave it to me.

I have no idea what you're planning, but since you're so confident, I'll do just that.

I'm glad to have been of help.

Yeah, thanks a bunch.

Yep yep, see ya!

Akyu held her book close to her chest as she watched the two off in high spirits.

Turn: 47
Ouki: 10491
Ryumaku: 62/87
Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
Defense: 250/250
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Faintly Dark Path
Defense: 175/175
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Entrance
Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
Defense: 160/160

Magic Forest Interior
Defense: 210/210
cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
Defense: 190/190
Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Muenzuka
Defense: 215/215
Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
Defense: 310/310
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Garden of the Sun
Defense: 175/175
Cost to Develop: 9

Nameless Hill
Defense: 205/205
Cost to Develop: 6

Enemy Territories:

Misty Lake
Army: Strongest Fairy Army
General: Cirno (leader)
Defense: 125/225

Lost Bamboo Forest
Army: Eientei Forest
General: Reisen Udongein Inaba
Defense: 205/205

Eientei
Army: Eientei Forest
General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
Defense: 230/230

Blossoms Barrier
Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
General: Prismriver Sisters
Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
General: Youmu Konpaku
Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
Defense: 235/235

Special Events:

War Declaration: Eientei Forest
Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Hakugyokurou Hades
Costs 12 NEG to declare war.

Prisoners:

String Doll (Generic doll unit) - Weak stats, but relatively fast. Lacks a RES score.
Special: Full Power Shot, a strengthed ranged attack that stuns the user.

Haruka (Generic fairy unit) - Slow with about average stats, but a decent NEG score.
Special: Healing Light, recovers one target's HP.

Akyu! STOP BEING SO CUTE!!!