Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 49

Spoiler
Show
Cirno: ...What do you want?

Reimu: What are you pouting for?

I'm not pouting, idiot!

Fairies really aren't much different from little kids, I see.

...Are you treating me like an idiot?

Nope, just your imagination. You're right though, I am indeed an idiot. I'm here to ask you to join us after all.

Ehh? O-Of course you would, I'm the strongest, after all.

Yes yes, you are definitely the strongest.

Hmm...Since you need my help so badly...But I won't join just like that! I'm the strongest after all.

Just like that? Is there something you want, then?

Frogs! If I don't practice every day, my skills are gonna get rusty! And it's real hard to bring them back to normal after, so make sure to get lots of 'em!

...She really is a kid.

Cirno became an ally.

Meiling: Oh, welcome. How can I help you?

Reimu: Ahh, uh, well...

Ahh, you wish to see Milady? I'll let her know that you've come to speak to her.

No, no thank you. It'll get troublesome if she sees my face.

Troublesome?

Nevermind. Just hand this over to Remilia.

A letter? ...I'm getting a very bad feeling from this.

It'll be fine, just deliver it, okay? Thanks!

Ah, wait! ...Oh well, I guess I'll bring it to Milady.

Sakuya: ...And this is the letter that Reimu sent, according to her.

Remilia: A letter, huh? Does this look like a letter to you?

From an outwardly inspection, I give it an extremely high chance of being a letter. Quite possibly with money to prevent from being attacked.

A shrine maiden bribing a vampire would probably bring the end of the world...See? It's a declaration of war.

Let's see...It appears you are not as well-liked as you might think, Milady.

Saying such things will lower my reputation.

I am the only one around to hear it, so it is fine.

Anyway, I was planning on declaring war myself, so this saves us some time. It's our chance for some payback.

Just how much pay are we looking at?

About as much as her shrine has donations.

Nothing, then? That's kind of you.

And that's why we'll take over her territory, the land is valuable at least. Now, deploy our troops and prepare to meet our enemy.

Understood.

"Crimson SDM" - War has been declared.

Yuuka: Hello there. The weather is good today, don't you think?

Meiling: Ah, hello. And yes, it is quite good.

On a day like this, even the flowers would be happily looking up at the sun.

...Is that so. (This girl...she looks gentle on the surface, but she's hiding her power...and she seems to have a lot of it. I musn't let my guard down.)

...Is there a problem?

W-Wah, n-no, not at all.

From what I heard, this mansion hosts a splendid field of flowers too. Is that correct?

Actually, I'm the one who takes care of it.

Ah, I see. I'm sure someone like you would have made many different colours and varieties of flowers bloom.

...!

If we were not on opposing sides, I would have been here to view it...So shall we end this quickly, and have a pleasant flower-viewing after?

...Yes, let's settle this as soon as possible.

Ah, please don't try to resist too badly. The flower field might get hurt.

You took the words right out of my mouth...Come!

Fairy maids. Lots of fairy maids. The Scarlet Devil Mansion sure believes in quantity over quality, I guess.

This was a massacre. It's not even close. However, with four territories under their control, the Scarlet Devil Mansion will still take quite a while to defeat.

Meiling: *sigh*...I'm still far, far too inexperienced.

Just a few days ago, the girl had sensed a strange presence while guarding the SDM's gate. It was actually Yukari Yakumo, but Meiling froze upon sensing her immense aura, and was mourning her inaction.

I can't keep going like this. If I let myself be frightened by something like that, I'll never be able to get anything done...I have to train more.

Meiling used many types of martial arts, throwing her own body at the enemy without any magic support. This made her strong against frontal attacks, but spiritual power from beings like Yukari were her weak point.

It was good that the intruder then wasn't hostile, but if it was someone with evil intentions...Ah, I'll be scolded so badly by Milady...No, I should be glad if it was left at a scolding. If that happened, she could fire me and I couldn't really complain.

Her role as Remilia's gatekeeper was to function as a filter to prevent the rabble from wasting her time. She would take care of the smaller fry, and the stronger opponents would go through to face Remilia. Though even those tend to be eliminated by Sakuya and Patchouli before they can get to her...Even though she was told to use her judgment and let those she felt she couldn't defeat through, Meiling still had her pride.

At the very least, I have to avoid shaming myself like that again...Alright, no one's around, so time to practice!

After a quick look around Meiling took a deep breath, then sat down and laid the back of both her feet and palms on the ground. She closed her eyes and felt the chi of the world of nature flow through her.

Hooooo......Huuuhn!!

Her leg trembled as her first flew out straight in front of her. The atmosphere of the deserted area was rocked by an echoing boom. She then felt the shock wave that left her fist strike down a tree.

Whew...No matter how flashy it is, if it misses, it doesn't matter. And I can't use it in a danmaku battle either.

Spellcard rules were created for battles which would normally take place at further distances than that shock wave could travel. No matter how powerful it was, it wouldn't be helpful if it couldn't be used.

If only I could hit distant opponents with a similar amount of chi...Hm?

As she stook another deep breath and relaxed her body, she spotted one of the mansion's maids trembling horribly.

Fairy Maid: *shiver shiver*...

Ah, did I scare you? I'm sorry.

*sigh*...I-It's okay. I'm here to relieve you, it's time for your break.

Ah, thanks. Take care of the place, then.

Meiling left the area to the maid, and entered the compounds through the gate. Her destination was the flower field that she took care of. The many flowers in bloom were like the embodiment of her chi.

Ahh~, the smell of these flowers is great for clearing the head. I have to do even better to protect this field of flowers.

Meiling tightened her fist and looked up at the sky, surrounded by the flowers swaying from the wind.

The SDM mounts a counterattack, but we have even tougher characters in reserve to deal with them. It's just more fairies, so it's no big deal. I don't think you can capture their maids, though; they will permanently remain a part of the SDM's staff, and can't desert or be captured.

Turn: 49
Ouki: 12237
Ryumaku: 62/89
Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
Defense: 250/250
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Faintly Dark Path
Defense: 175/175
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Entrance
Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
Defense: 160/160

Magic Forest Interior
Defense: 210/210
cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
Defense: 190/190
Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Muenzuka
Defense: 215/215
Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
Defense: 310/310
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Garden of the Sun
Defense: 175/175
Cost to Develop: 9

Nameless Hill
Defense: 205/205
Cost to Develop: 6

Misty Lake
Defense: 225/225
Cost to Develop: 6

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest
Army: Eientei Forest
General: Reisen Udongein Inaba
Defense: 205/205

Eientei
Army: Eientei Forest
General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
Defense: 230/230

Blossoms Barrier
Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
General: Prismriver Sisters
Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
General: Youmu Konpaku
Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
Defense: 235/235

SDM Gate
Army: Crimson SDM
General: Hong Meiling
Defense: 130/230

Great Library
General: Patchouli Knowledge
Defense: 195/195

Clock Tower
General: Sakuya Izayoi
Defense: 210/210

SDM Top Floor
General: Remilia Scarlet (leader)
Defense: 225/225

Yakumo Residence
Army: Yakumo Clan
General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
Defense: 310/310

Special Events:

War Declaration: Eientei Forest
Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Hakugyokurou Hades
Costs 12 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan
Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

I really like this game's portrayal of Meiling.

There was a fair split between the SDM and Eientei, but I believe SDM won out.

Changed Sakuya's dialogue to blue. The gray looks horrible when spoilered. I had her in blue for Labyrinth of Touhou, so I don't know why I didn't do that to begin with here. Oh well.