1. Top - End - #298
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

I always thought of Necromancy as redistribution, strengthening and sustaining of Life energy through (arcana? incarnum? mana?) whereas resurrection is the reconstruction of a body so that life energy flows naturally (which would be why death from old age would be unavoidable).

That's what Ketham does: he takes life energy from those he kills (or himself, depending on the spell) and uses it to fuel his spells. When another is involved, it's usually in the creation of undead, as he has unlimited life energy due to a specific event in his past. It's one reason he can't use anything but necromancy: he just isn't able to "map" - for lack of a better phrase - the energy properly.

I'm trying to distract myself at the utter abomination i have created to represent DBright until i fix it =(
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2010-11-23 at 04:58 PM.
    2048 Record: 15,936

I have a tumblr blog! And a wordpress! Updated April 4th: Script for Letís Play Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos Part 1: The Talking Bird Updated April 11th: Prompt: What does being a Solar Exalted mean to you?

"Nobody ever did the impossible by dreaming short of it." -Unknown

Let's play Warcraft 3 - Updated 4/4/14

Extended Sig

Blue Berry, Dark Angel Space Mareine by Emperor Ing