Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 52

Spoiler
Show
The enemy's gate is down! Huzzah!

I've been using Medicine as a pseudo-tank lately. She can't really take hits that well, but while she's standing up front she can at least afflict any attackers with her special ability.

Anyway, sorry Meiling, but we're capturing your gate. Nothing personal.

Patchouli: Sakuya, the gate has fallen.

Sakuya: Oh dear, so Meiling wasn't able to defend it? If that is the case, then it is only a matter of time before they advance within here.

Yes, and we must not let them get to Remi. So I've come up with a plan.

My, what sort of trickery shall we be indulging in this time?

Don't be rude. It's merely a barrier that will keep Remi safe. The base points for these barriers will be at my library, and your clock tower. Thus, if you happen to lose to them, the barrier will still be able to function due to the base point here, and will keep the enemies out.

I see, and if Lady Patchouli falls before them, I will still be able to protect Milady. That sounds like a good idea, indeed.

...Anyway, let's set this barrier at once. Hopefully, we will both survive until the end.

Lady Patchouli, those words you spoke will now ensure that it does not happen...Furthermore, Reimu would be able to destroy the barrier easily, no?

I didn't forget about that. As long as the barrier is supplied energy from the base points, even if it is destroyed, it will regenerate in an instant.

I see, that sounds reassuring. Let us get to work on it then...to keep Milady safe.

A barrier has been erected, making the SDM Top Floor currently unassailable.

BGM: Pranked!

Patchouli: Hey, return that book right now!

Koakuma: Ahahahaha!

The normally-quiet library was graced this time with the echoes of Patchouli's shouts and Koakuma's giggles. Koakuma was returning a certain book to Patchouli. It was a magical grimoire that Patchouli herself authored.

I'm not having trouble breathing today, and my power is reacting well...It's the perfect weather for some magic.

Weather? The sun's rays can't even get to here!

Ultraviolet rays are the enemies of books. It damages hair and skin as well...Now, it's time to write down today's results...Oh dear, I'm out of ink. Could you go over there and get me some ink?

Okaaay.

Ahh...The calculations in my head will become fuzzy if I don't hurry. Have you gotten it yet?

(What a naggy magician...Hm, hehehe...) Yep, it's right here~. Hyah!

Wha-wha-wha!? Don't throw the ink like that! It'll spill and make a...

And that's mine!

Ahh! G-Give it back!

As expected, Koakuma had snatched Patchouli's grimoire and was flying all over the library. Patchouli tried to chase after her, but Koakuma was too agile to be caught.

Kyahahahaha! You should put down those books sometime and get some exercise like this, right~?

Why you...!

Over here~!

Koakuma purposely slowed her flight to give Patchouli a glimmer of hope, then swiftly evaded Patchouli's attempts to grab hold of her. She would then fly away, and stop and wait for Patchouli a little further away.

Ugh, she's making fun of me...And if I'm not careful with my magic, it'll damage the book as well...I'll just have to...!

Whoops...Hehe, trying to do a feint? That's not gonna work on me!

Patchouli kept trying to catch Koakuma, but Koakuma kept running away and waiting...It continued for so long, that both parties were beginning to tire of it.

Wooow...You're really persistent, huh. Is it really that important?

*pant pant*...O-Of course it is...Give it back...before my asthma starts up again...

Okay, I give up...I'll give back your book.

He, hehehehe.....How deliciously naive.

Huh...? Eeeeek!

Patchouli was entirely blue in the face, but she still had enough energy to slow lift her hand, which caused many lights to surround Koakuma. They sparkled with electricity, and kept her restrained.

Wait, what's going on!?

Hehehe...Did you think I was just chasing you around aimlessly? Since you don't seem to get it, I was setting up reference points for this barrier.

I-I can't move! Owowow...

Hehe, the more you move about, the harder it tightens...Now, just accept your fate.

I already told you I'd return the book~!

It's no use begging for your life...Hehehe...

Wah~!?

Patchouli's eyes began to glow scarily, perhaps from her fatigue and slight oxygen deprivation. She slowly trudged over to Koakuma to retrieve her book, when...

Eeeeeeep!?

In an instant, something like a squall flashed past them, and the rods that were used to bind Koakuma were sliced up. The figure then vanished.

What!? Who could break through my anti-trespasser barriers so easily...Oh. When was it your duty to get in my way, Sakuya?

Sakuya: My...When I opened the door to see this scene laid before me, I was just thinking that Lady Patchouli must've been up to something again...

Again? What do you mean, again?

Please don't tell me you've forgotten. Thanks to your strange magic experiments, no one wants to come here anymore, weird creatures keep flying out, and...

That's enough. The past should be left to the books, but the future is in the palm of my hand...Now, hurry up and return my future to...Ah?

Ahahahahaha! You talk way too much!

Ugh! I went to such great pains to catch her, and now she's gotten away again because of your meddling, Sakuya!

Ehh, it's my fault now!?

*sigh* Just return that book already! It's newly written, so I don't know what will happen...

Those kind of threats won't work~! ...Huh? Why is the book getting warmer...? Waaah, hot hot hot!

Koakuma quickly threw the book away at the first sign of abnormality. The book opened as it flew to the ground, and an unnatural being's face poked out of it.

Eeek! This is one of the residents from the other world!

...See? There's another weird creature.

Pop-up books are in vogue lately, I've heard.

Please don't be silly and deal with it quickly.

I-I don't know how!

Shall we send you over there along with it?

Please don't~!

But for the rest of the day, and for all the days after, Koakuma continued to play her little pranks that would infuriate Patchouli...No one knew when the little demon had decided to settle down here, but she was now completely a resident of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Turn: 52
Ouki: 17805
Ryumaku: 62/95
Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
Defense: 250/250
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
Defense: 160/160

Magic Forest Interior
Defense: 210/210
cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
Defense: 190/190
Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Muenzuka
Defense: 215/215
Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
Defense: 310/310
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Garden of the Sun
Defense: 175/175
Cost to Develop: 9

Nameless Hill
Defense: 205/205
Cost to Develop: 6

Misty Lake
Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
Defense: 230/230

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest
Army: Eientei Forest
General: Reisen Udongein Inaba
Defense: 205/205

Eientei
Army: Eientei Forest
General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
Defense: 230/230

Blossoms Barrier
Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
General: Prismriver Sisters
Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
General: Youmu Konpaku
Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
Defense: 235/235

Great Library
Army: Crimson SDM
General: Patchouli Knowledge
Defense: 195/195

Clock Tower
General: Sakuya Izayoi
Defense: 210/210

SDM Top Floor
General: Remilia Scarlet (leader)
Defense: 225/225

Yakumo Residence
Army: Yakumo Clan
General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
Defense: 310/310

Special Events:

War Declaration: Eientei Forest
Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Hakugyokurou Hades
Costs 12 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan
Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

It's sad how many Touhou fans forget she even exists, but Koakuma is just amazing in this game. Not only does she have a very distinct personality, but she's also arguably the #1 character for major boss fights. I know she was invaluable for me when I fought the bonus boss.

Anyway, we now need to decide where to attack next: the Clock Tower or the Great Library. We have to hit both eventually, though. Also, please dictate the pace for our attacks. Should we spend both actions on attacking, since we have 2 full teams? Or should we still attack once and develop once?