1. - Top - End - #313
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 53

Spoiler
    Show
    BGM: Moon Rabbit ~Bathed in Moonlight~

Marisa: Heya, I'm comin' in.

Patchouli: Go home.

That's cold, yo. Where's your hospitality to guests?

I don't see any guests present. Just a thief.

That so wounds me deeply. And I came here just'ta return all the books I borrowed up till now.

Oh my...I wonder how cold it is in hell right now.

What, not gonna be thankful?

They're all the property of the library to begin with.

Why worry 'bout the small stuff? 'Sides, if I didn't take'em, they'd just have gathered dust. Books are only useful when they're spreadin' the knowledge around.

That would be something the caretaker of the library should say, not a common thief.

Geez, you're real harsh today. You're not normally this fussy over the small stuff.

That's likely because you weren't listening before.

Anyway, don't be so stingy, hey? You've got so many books 'round here, there's no way you can read 'em all...Well, a human and their lifespan couldn't anyway.

...Marisa, what did you mean by that?

Hm? 'Bout what?

I'm sure you've learnt Shashoku and Shachuu magic...If you used those, you could easily become a magician if you wanted...

...Ah, yeah, but I'm not gonna use 'em. I like being human.

Shashoku, the magic that makes food no longer required for survival, and Shachuu, the magic to stop one's growth. Once both have been mastered, a human can become a magician. Yet, Marisa refused to use them.

I've been a magician from birth, so I don't really understand your feelings...But I've always thought a human who wanted to be a magician was eccentric...And among that company, you stand out as being especially strange.

I can use magic, so I'm a magician. What my species is doesn't matter. After all, magicians live like...Oh yeah, Alice got real mad when I talked 'bout this.

Ahh, she's...That's right...she's the exact opposite of you.

Yeah...I guess I'm a real oddball, huh?

That I can assure you. I've never seen a human quite like you before. Though to be fair, this mansion does have quite an odd human as well...But what you said earlier is true. You're not a human or a magician, you're Marisa, and that doesn't change. At least, I don't think it does.

...Yeah, thanks. How'd we end up talkin' bout suh a long topic anyway? Let's just cut to the chase.

Mm...I'll be collecting payment for all the books you've borrowed. You shall feel the power of a magician from birth!

Only Koakuma and a few fairies join us for this fight. Koakuma's more of an annoyance than a threat in fights like these, so this isn't much of a challenge.

Master Spark steamrolls them pretty quickly, as usual. I tend to only resort to it if I don't like Marisa's initial positioning, and just hope she doesn't get hit beforehand. It's great when she starts at Medium distance from most enemies, as that'll keep her safe for Master Spark to be at full power.

BGM: Moon Rabbit ~Bathed in Moonlight~

Alice: Hello. Here's the book I borrowed a few days ago.

Patchouli: Ah, thank you for returning it. Please leave it on the table there.

All right...It's a little strange to be thanked for returning something I borrowed.

I suppose it is, perhaps I'm not used to such courtesies...I wonder whose fault that would be.

...I believe that person might be prowling around here as well.

No matter how cautious I am, or how many traps I set, she still gets away with the books she wants. The next time I see her, she's getting a good scolding.

...Just a warning, I don't think she'll just obediently listen to you...I know that best.

...It sounds like it's happened to you before, huh?

Mmhmm. Marisa is...human. She may look like you or me, but she doesn't ever worry about things like this.

Alice, why did you choose the path of a magician? YOu don't have to become a magician to use magic, after all.

...It's the same as you, I'd imagine. Even a magician from birth must stop her own growth in order to become a full-fledged magician.

I had not even thought about it. For a magician from birth like me, it was a natural process. Something that just happened. Something...normal.

It was the same for me. After being attracted by magic, studying it, absorbing all of it...It's natural to become a magician after, don't you think?

Is it natural for one who learns magic...to become a magician? It's certainly true that we had no doubts whatsoever. Certainly nothing like Marisa did.

...I think I finally understand what I was feeling then. I must have been...scared. Scared beause I was rejecting what I had become.

...Let's get started, shall we? I'm sure you didn't come here just to return a book.

Yes, it's time to answer the question I've always had. Let's find out right now...whether a non-stop learner of magic can match a natural-born magician!

All right! Now we get our killing stroke on the Library, and Patchouli is forced to meet us.

BGM: Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

Patchouli's Royal Flare is a serious threat if she ever manages to cast it. Her incredible WIS also makes ranged attacks from even your stronger attackers feel weak. She almost never starts at close range to your characters either, so you'll oftentimes have to first eliminate any fairies at close range before advancing onto her and targetting her terrible DEF.

To start things off, Yuuka's Violent Blooming super-charged our team to pulverize our foes quickly. Shikieiki was 1-shotting fairy maids, and everyone else was not far behind. Unless Patchouli started charging for Royal Flare and Koakuma immediately used Cute Trickster to move Patchouli up to go next, there was little chance of our losing this one. So win we did.

Turn: 53
    Ouki: 13162
    Ryumaku: 65/99
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
    Defense: 160/160

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 310/310
    Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Garden of the Sun
    Defense: 175/175
    Cost to Develop: 9

Nameless Hill
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 6

Misty Lake
    Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
    Defense: 230/230

Great Library
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 12

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Reisen Udongein Inaba
    Defense: 205/205

Eientei
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
    Defense: 230/230

Blossoms Barrier
    Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
    General: Prismriver Sisters
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

Clock Tower
    Army: Crimson SDM
    General: Sakuya Izayoi
    Defense: 210/210

SDM Top Floor
    Army: Crimson SDM
    General: Remilia Scarlet (leader)
    Defense: 225/225

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
    Defense: 310/310

Special Events:

War Declaration: Eientei Forest
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Hakugyokurou Hades
    Costs 12 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

As requested, we went for a double-attack on the Great Library, and managed to take it in a single turn. Now the question is what our timetable should be for attacking the Clock Tower. The cool part is, we've now earned our 3rd action for each turn! That opens up new ways to play our turns.

Patchouli is so...stacked.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-11-25 at 12:22 AM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight