View Single Post

Thread: Fun Down On the Farmpunk: Join in!

1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Fun Down On the Farmpunk: Join in!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Suggestion/clarification:

There are two separate parts of the government:

One is the Government proper. An elected parliament or senate (doesn't have to be exactly the same as the American system, after all) and a President that changes every few years. Generally benevolent, but ineffective outside the cities, and a little swamped in politics. It has an army, a police force, a secret service or two, but it's tied up by laws and bureaucracy.
    Sounds good to me.

The other is the Entity. It is known by no other name.
    I don't know, I personally like calling it the Administration.

It's unknown whether it's a corporeal, lovecraftian creature, an incorporeal spirit or if it's just a prevailing state in the agent hivemind. What is known are the following things:
    It wants to spread civilization by any means possible.
    It respects the government proper, but deems it ineffective. The government doesn't have to know what the Entity is doing.
    It loathes the Wild and anything that dwells in it, especially any manner of Trickster like Ol' Scratch or Coyote.
    It's tools are Agents, beings that look human, but aren't. Some crazies, seers the drunk and, to a lesser extent, children can see them for what they really are.
    This is good.

It essentially respects human life, but thinks that individual humans can be sacrificed for the greater good of civilization.
    I would think that it doesn't so much respect humans as recognize their huge importance in its agenda. Ninja'd.

A question- how powerful is the Administration, anyway? Are there things it can't do? Places it can't go?

And on another topic, what other sort of supernatural critters are there? We've established the Administration, Ol' Scratch, and Cypher, and it seems we're agreeing that there are various spirits and gods known to the natives, but what else? Ghosts seem like they could fit the setting.
    Last edited by Symmys; 2010-11-25 at 08:19 AM.