Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 55

Spoiler
Show
BGM: Luna Clock ~ Luna Dial ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

Both Sakuya and Patchouli showed up for the final battle at the clocktower. For the first time in a long while, we were not able to wipe out everyone and score a 100% victory. Patchouli's exceptional WIS made her very difficult to damage, as most of our characters were blocked from getting close by the fairy maids. Even after Master Spark went off, most of our foes still survived.

Only Cirno was close enough to hit Patchouli, but her melee strenth really wasn't anything to be impressed by, so Patchouli got off easy. We do still get a victory, though, and since we only needed to reduce the Clock Tower's defenses by another 10, any victory would do.

Patchouli: Ahh, the barrier...All that time and effort will soon go to waste...

Sakuya: Ooh, my deepest apologies, Milady...

Marisa: All these sneaky tricks ain't gonna work against a direct assault and destroy, ya know.

Sneaky trick? It was a magnificent barrier.

A barrier's used when ya want to hide somethin'. If that ain't a sneaky trick, I dunno what is.

Reimu: Anyway, this is what's giving the barrier power, huh? ...There.

Ahh, the barrier...

Okay, it's just the boss left now! Let's go and take her out!

The barrier within the SDM has been broken, and "SDM Top Floor" is now available for attack.

Remilia stood at the highest location of the SDM, where one could view the entire sky at a glance. She was alone, the area was completely silent, and the wind brushed past her cheek and made her clothes sway. From the location, the moon looked massive and very red. The waves of lunacy it emitted rained down on the empress of the night, Remilia Scarlet. Her majestic figure basked in the blood-red rays of the moon.

Remilia: The wind is blowing again today...Ahh, that feels good. Considering how noisy it usually is, it's nice to be able to enjoy the calm of the dead of the night. I remember, back when I never went out at daylight and only had the servants to speak with, it was always quiet then...Such a stark contrast.

Now then, this is such a good opportunity to find out just what that gap youkai was planning...it's time to go a little wild, and figure it out from them.

Being the master and the head of the group, Remilia was forbidden from fighting on the front lines, and had not seen even a single battle unfold. With her expectations unmet, her frustration was at its peak.

I told Patchy there was no need for a protective barrier, yet she still erected one...Unfortunately, Patchy, I can't control myself much longer.

Her hands clasped behind her back as she gazed into the sky, as if waiting for someone to arrive. By chance, the sound of composed footsteps drew closer. She did not even have to turn to know who it was.

Sakuya: ...My apologies, Milady. Lady Patchouli's barrier has been destroyed by Reimu. It is only a matter of time before they attack here.

You were rather slow this time, Sakuya.

You were already aware of it, Milady?

Of course. I sensed the wavelengths of the barrier bursting and fading into nothingness.

Then may I ask why you patiently waited here, Milady? I would have thought that you would have happily flown out.

Do you think I'm an excitable puppy? Since you all took such great pains to set this up for me, I figured I would at least let you report what happened.

Milady...Such kind words...

After all, I must have a climatic and magnificent entrance onto the scene as befitting of my status. You and Patchy provided a fine opening act. And now, I can make my unrivaled and grand appearance just as planned.

...I suppose we were just the appetizers?

They go splendidly with the main dish...My, please don't make such a sad face. Your supporting role is still very important after all.

Ooh...That's enough already.

You're certainly not in a position to be impertinent either. Who was it who declared that she'd protect her master, yet lost to Reimu's army?

Ugh...Those words that pierced my heart were sharper than my knives.

Even while conversing with Sakuya with her back turned, Remilia's childish grin belied the sharp words from her mouth. Certainly, anyone besides Sakuya would have been shivering in terror at them.

...Well, at the very least, I am glad to see you unharmed and in high spirits, Milady.

Such meaningless words. They do not even make me think that you are sorry for your failure.

That is extremely regrettable. I can think of no other feeling more supreme than the sensation of protectin Milady.

Going too far with your words makes it even less believable. Do prove your words in other ways, if you would.

Yes, that is why I have brought your usual beverage with me.

Mm, such perfect mutual understanding. It does seem that no one else is fit to be my servant but you, Sakuya.

It makes me warm inside to receive your praise, Milady.

Perhaps we should go for a trial of guts again sometime. That would warm your insides quickly.

I'm not particularly interested in liver, I'm afraid. I shall be leaving now, please excuse me.

One short bow later, Sakuya returned to the mansion. The surrounding area was once again ruled by silence, yet the words from the earlier conversation continued to replay itself again and again in Remilia's ears.

...Goodness, Sakuya and I have certainly mellowed. I remember when we used to be as sharp as knives, hurting anyone who dared approach us...Ah well. Right now, with Meiling and her duels, Patchy experimenting somewhere, and myself with this wonderful view...It's more fun than before anyway.

For the first time, her gaze dropped from the sky as she turned her back on the moon and walked towards the mansion. Then with a quick swivel back to the moon, a thought came to her as she began to mutter.

That's right, I almost forgot about them. I'm sure they've noticed this place already...Perhaps it'd be more beneficial to perform the first strike.

With a small shake of the head, Remilia finally averted her eyes from the large, red moon, seemingly quivering under her intense gaze.

Sakuya and the fairy maids attack the Clock Tower immediately, and actually managed to put up a good fight this time. One of the maids was spamming Healing Prayer to recover several hundred HP for her entire group, while Sakuya delivered some remarkably strong melee attacks.

Due to the enormous amount of healing our foes applied, we failed to actually defeat most of them. However, the sheer amount of damage we dealt was enough to shift the battle guage in our favor, even if it wasn't a 100% victory.

Eirin: ...And that about sums it up. Let's do our best.

Reisen: *sigh*...I see.

Tewi: Ehhh...

Eirin had come to Reisen and Tewi to tell them of Yukari's troublesome event and Kaguya's desire for something to pass the time. Sure enough, the announcement left the jaded pair sighing.

What are those reactions suppose to mean?

Well master, it's basically yet another of the princess's games...For her to relieve her boredom, right?

Yeah, but we're the ones who end up doing all the work~.

It's not "another" of her games. And don't look so exasperated either.

Are you saying that you want to do this, master?

Tewi, are the rabbits prepared for action?

You couldn't answer me directly, huh?

My, no need to be so harsh. I am simply carrying out the princesses wishes...That youkai is certainly very suspicious though, so do be careful.

...Anyway, we'll try a bit, I guess.

That's not very reassuring. If my students act as such, it doesn't reflect very well on me.

...We'll try a little harder then.

Ooh, master, please leave everything to your humble student Tewi. It will surely be a smooth ride if you do so.

Make sure her pants aren't on fire.

Good grief, you two are really a handful...Anyway, that's how it will be, so I'll leave this place to you.

Eirin then returned to Eientei. Reisen could only look up to the sky through a gap in the overhead bamboo thickets and sighed.

*sigh*...I give up.

Huh, why did you sigh? That's bad, you know.

What's so bad about it?

The happiness I gave you disappeared along with your sigh.

When did you ever bless me with happiness?

It'll disappear when you notice it, obviously. And it was such a small amount that would be blown away by a light wind, too.

...Whatever. Could you go and assemble all the rabbits? They only listen to your orders anyway.

That's because I'm the oldest~. They're just normal rabbits though, I don't think they'll be able to do much.

What Tewi said was indeed true. If battle erupted against humans or youkai, they only had rabbits to defend themselves with. All they could really do was nibble at the enemies, and become stew for them.

Well, we could trick...I mean, convince some humans and youkai to help us out~.

Hm...That's kind of...

Or would you rather we face them all alone, hm?

That's...Oh, fine, do as you wish.

Yep, leave it to me~.

Tewi then did a little twirl, and skipped deeper into the forest and out of sight. Reisen watched her figure disappear into the distance, and looked up at the sky again. Her eyes narrowed a the sunlight...But that wasn't the only reason why they narrowed.

This is...Reminding me of that time...

Reisen turned away, trying to avert her eyes from the images in her mind that she didn't want to see.

Eientei attacks the Human Village soon afterwards, but our characters are completely spent at this point. We have no choice but to concede the battle.

Turn: 55
Ouki: 15722
Ryumaku: 65/105
Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
Defense: 250/250
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path