1. - Top - End - #341
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 56

Spoiler
    Show
    For our first attack on the SDM Top Floor, we were greeted by a bunch of maids. I suppose that isn't a surprise.

The ones that can heal are really annoying, actually, but aside from that they aren't much of a threat. Sakuya is at a very high level and can usually put up some good numbers, although not nearly as much as boss Yuuka.

We only make one attack this time, since we want to guard against a counterattack on the top floor. Regardless, we are poised to attack the SDM Top Floor twice next turn and take it completely if necessary.

BGM: Tremors of Hostility

Remilia: Hmm, we're being quite badly overrun...Reimu's certainly doing better than I expected.

Remilia began talking to herself, from her favourite place to look at the sky. She paced left and right, seemingly restless.

Both Patchy and Sakuya have been defeated, so this place is all that remains...They will surely attack at full force. The situation has become serious. If I use my full power, I would surely win easily...But the possible consequences are unappetizing. In the worst case, we might be driven out of Gensokyo.

???: ............

If only I had someone strong enough to fight by my side, then things would become much more interesting.

Heh, I suppose one won't just fall into my lap. I suppose I will have to overwork Sakuya a little more. Hopefully she doesn't collapse.

......*flutter flutter*

......*sigh* Why are you bothering to hide yourself? I can see your wings.

Ehhh? Boo, I've been spotted.

A single silhouette emerged from behind Remilia. It was a young girl, similar in stature to Remilia, with wings emitting rainbow light. It was Remilia's younger sister, Flandre Scarlet.

Flandre: Boo, and I even made sure my butt was hidden too.

Even if I couldn't see you, that ominous aura you give off would've informed me of your presence. You still are unable to control it, I see.

That's mean and not true! If I try reaaaaally hard, I can kind of keep it under control, sorta.

That's no different. Anyway, what would you be doing here? Didn't I tell you not to wander around by yourself?

Ahh, you're always so cruel, sister. You've been having such fun parties every day, and you're not even leaving anything for me.

What in the world are you talking about?

You can't fool me, sister. I can hear all that loud popping and squeezing even from the underground.

...I can't say I was thinking about that. Or more accurately, I can't say I ever cared about that.

In that case, it's alright for me to join the party too, right?

No.

Ehhh? Why?

Because you won't listen to what I say. You'll just go off on a rampage, won't you?

Hmm, then what if I just go out and play without asking?

Then a very big punishment will be waiting for you. It'll be so bad, you won't even be able to lift a single finger after.

Ehhh~, I don't want that.

Then be a good girl and behave.

What about if I reaaaally do everything you say, sister?

Do you think I can believe that?

Hmph, don't treat me like an idiot! I'll really behave, I don't wanna be punished either.

(Hmm...She may not follow what I tell her, but who knows what she'll get up to if I leave her alone. I should at least keep her under my watch.)

C'mon, c'mon, it's okay, right? I'm reaaaally bored, you know...

...I suppose so. However, you must behave. If you do as you please, your punishment will be carried out immediately.

Yaaay! Thank you, sister! Just leave it to me, I'll squeeze and pop whatever you want!

From now on, doing that is banned.

Ehh, whyyy?

So you want to be punished after all?

Wahhh, okay okay. I'll just whack them normally.

...I'm getting the feeling that thins are about to get even more troublesome than ever...

Thus, Flandre Scarlet, the devil's little sister was added to the Scarlet Devil Mansion's front lines...It was a major boost for their warpower, but yet another headache for Remilia.

Flandre Scarlet has joined the Crimson SDM.

BGM: Moon Rabbit ~Bathed in Moonlight~

Flandre: La-lalala lala-la...Hmm hmm hmm la-la...

Flandre was skipping down a corridor, humming a tune to herself. She would normally stay in the basement, but she would occasionally try to sneak out to walk around...And this time, she was doing so openly.

Mm~, Sakuya would normally be hurrying me back to the basement around this time~. It feels so good to walk around without needing to hide!

Flandre was fully enjoying such a time...Of course, she wasn't being terribly aware of her surroundings.

Ohh, looks like you're doing a good job today!

Fairy Maid: Eek!? Ah...Uh...Wahhhh~!

Ah, wait!

This was one of several fairy maids that she had already encountered. All of them shook horribly when called, and refused to turn around to face Flandre. This particular fairy, after being called, flew into a panic and escaped from the area as fast as she possibly could.

What, I'm not scary! This is making me angry.

Flandre's happy mood began to worsen, creating a tense atmosphere around the place. The remaining fairy maids scattered around the area were trembling even harder in their boots.

Yeah, these fairies are no use. Sister will get mad if I go outside...I'll go and find Patchouli.

Flandre's mood brightened again as she skipped towards the library...Thankfully for the remaining fairy maids, Flandre did not hear their sigh of relief as she left.

Patchouli: ...My, young mistress. What are you doing here?

Umm, I was really bored, so I'm here to play. All the maids kept running away when I went to see them, so I came here.

...I suppose they are.

Patchouli was much less panicky than the fairies that preceded her, but her entire body was still tense, ready to act if anything unpalatable were to occur.

Ah, hey you! Play with me!

Koakuma: Ehhhhhh!? O-Ooh...

what should we play? Hmm, since this library is so big, let's play tag! I'll be "it" first!

Eeeek...I-I'm sorry!

Ahh, I didn't say you could go run already! Oh well, I'll chase after her in 10 seconds. One, two...

Young mistress, please stop.

Huh? Why?

...A library is not a place to make a ruckus. Please keep the atmosphere quiet.

Boo...okay, okay.

The poor Koakuma had managed to get away while Patchouli was convincing Flandre to be quiet. Flandre's dissatisfaction was getting more and more evident.

Then in return, will you...

*cough cough* ...My asthma is acting up a little today, so...

Fine, whatever! I'll go somewhere else!

Flandre's exclamation rattled the area as she sulkily stomped out of the library. Once her figure had completely went out of sight, Patchouli patted her chest in relief.

Young mistress...I'm sorry.

Everyone's so booooring! And this is one of the few times I can wander around freely too!

Flandre's irritation was beginning to emit a strange energy from her body. There weren't even any fairy maids who were brave enough to stick around anymore.

This is no fun! Sister won't play with me, and I don't wanna get punished...Maybe someone will come and attack the mansion...

Sakuya: Please don't say such reckless things, young mistress.

The voice that addressed Flandre from behind belonged to none other than Sakuya. The other maids had apparently told her of Flandre's presence.

Ah, Sakuya. But no one wants to play with me, I'm so bored.

Not anyone can be your playmate, you know. It needs to be someone equal to you.

I don't care about that, I just wanna play something...Hey, you can play with me, right?

No, I'm...

I've heard that so many times already! It's you after all, you'll be fine! Okay, here I go!

W-Wai...!

Flandre held out her hand, and a large mass of magical energy began to form at her palm. The mass then fired itself towards Sakuya. A thunderous roar sounded that shook the mansion. A gaping hole was left in the wall.

Huh...? Sakuya, where did you go? You weren't blown away by that, right?

Flandre called out to Sakuya, but there was no response. There were no traces of Sakuya anywhere around, either. Flandre could not sense anyone's presence. Only a deathly silence remained.

Huh? Are we playing hide and seek? But we haven't decided who's "it" yet...

Flandre's voice started to sound more and more worried as it trailed off. But there was still no reply.

...I'm sorry, I was bad...So please come back!

Do you really think so?

I'm not lying...S-Sakuya?!

Flandre hurriedly turned around to find Sakuya standing behind her, looking at her innocently. She wore the same calm and cool expression that she had from the beginning.

Boo, so you were fine after all. Don't scare me like that!

I would not call that "fine" at all. One misstep and my life might well have been forfeit. Do you wish to take my life?

I...I don't want to...

Young mistress...Your lack of control over your power to destroy things is distressing. Life is a very fragile thing. It can be extinguished in an instant. If you do not learn to control your power, you will find it very difficult to make friends.

But I have you, Sakuya.

I am but a mere human with a human's lifespan. What do you plan to do when I am gone? Please try your best to control yourself, for your sister...and for me.

Ooh...Alright. I'll be careful from now on.

Thank you very much. Shall we go back then? I have already prepared dinner.

Ah, it's dinnertime already? Okay!

Flandre's mood returned to normal as she happily walked off first. Typically, it should be the servant that leads the way, but as she was now, it was not safe for Sakuya to turn her back on Flandre.

Someday, people will be able to trust her with their backs. Would it be within Sakuya's lifetime? Only Remilia might have the answer to that.

Kaguya: Eirin, how has things been since?

Eirin: I have been doing well, thank you very much.

I'm not talking about your health. It's not like you can die anyway.

I have given Udonge and Tewi their instructions. They did not look very happy about it, though.

All those rabbits look the same to me. It's hard to tell who's who.

That would be because you only look at their ears. The only human-like rabbits we have are those two as well.

That's still too annoying to figure out. They're all Inabas to me. Anyway, if they weren't looking happy...I guess she's still thinking about...that, huh.

You were actually aware of it?

Ahh, don't tell me you were hoping I wasn't aware of things that are going on, and thought that this would be a good chance to launch a hostile takeover.

Absolutely not.

...You're rather curt today. Did something bad happen? Ahh, don't say anything. I shall try to guess what it is.

Kaguya smiled impishly as she pretended to think deeply. People who were not used to her would be quite frustrated at her enigmatic behavior, but Eirin was a special case, of course.

You're worried about...that Inaba, right?

Princess, they are both Inabas.

Ahh, how annoying, you know who I'm talking about...It's about Reisen.

Anyone else looking at Kaguya would just see a playful smile, but only Eiring noticed the light deep within her eyes.

...It is indeed as you say. Her behavior has been quite anxious lately.

Hmm, is she still thinking about that?

Most likely, yes.

...Are you even on the same page as I? Well, it doesn't matter. It'll be meaningless for us to help. It's something she'll have to resolve herself.

...I was not expecting such a proper opinion from you.

Just who do you think I am, mm? In any case, it's time for my afternoon nap. Good night~.

Kaguya moved deeper into the room for her nap. Eiring waited for Kaguya to close the sliding screen, then returned to her own room. Kaguya's words and Reisen's expression melded into a refrain as she walked.

...Hm, I suppose she's right. It's not a problem we should be handling, but still...perhaps I'll make some medicine for her to drink.

With Eirin's power at hand, she could surely make a medicine that would temporarily resolve the problem. But the two of them already knew that it would solve nothing in the long run.

Eientei attacks the Human Village yet again, but this time we were ready for them. Their levels are actually a bit worse than the SDM, and Reisen's own ability is more annoying than lethal. If only she could redirect attacks to her opponents, then she'd be far scarier.

BGM: Pranked!

Yuyuko: Youmu~, where are you Youmu~?

Youmu: Yes, I'm here!

You took seven seconds to respond to my call. That's much too slow, Youmu.

I'm sorry, I will aim for five seconds next time!

Make that three seconds. Then two more minutes after for food to be served.

Please leave the food to the people handling it...Anyway, what is the matter?

Ahh yes yes, I have an errand for you to run. Please hand this letter over to Reimu at the Hakurei Shrine.

Certainly. Then, I shall be off.

Take care~.

Youmu: ...Thus, I have come here to deliver a letter from Lady Yuyuko.

Marisa: What's written inside?

Reimu: I'm checking now. Hmm..."Dear Reimu, It has been a while since your last visit. I have been quite bored and lonely since."

Whoa there, is that the kind of relationship you two have?

Ehhhhhh~? Lady Yuyuko's...!?

Stop getting ahead of yourselves! Let me finish this..."So, since I'm bored waiting, I shall be the one intruding on you. Do as you wish with Youmu."

N-No way!? Has Lady Yuyuko deemed me surplus to requirements!?

So, uh, what? We should just think of that as a declaration of war, I s'pose?

...I guess so.

That's too much, Lady Yuyuko, what have I done wro...Well, i have done lots of things wrong, but this treatment is too much~!

...Now then, what shall we do with you?

A good way to confirm hostilities has gotta be killin' the messenger!

Why are you both looking at me...A-And I am deep in the heart of enemy territory myself...Uwaaaah! Lady Yuyukooo!

...And off she goes. Guess we went a bit too far.

Oh? I was serious the whole time.

...I'm REALLY glad I'm on your side.

Youmu: Lady Yuyuko, even for you, that was far too mean!

Yuyuko: My, youmu, you're not fit to be my bodyguard if you can't break through the enemy base alone. Since you're alive. I suppose we can call it a success.

...*sob sob*

"Hakugyokurou Hades" - War has been declared.

Turn: 56
    Ouki: 15130
    Ryumaku: 65/107
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
    Defense: 160/160

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 230/310
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Garden of the Sun
    Defense: 175/175
    Cost to Develop: 18

Nameless Hill
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 6

Misty Lake
    Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
    Defense: 230/230

Great Library
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 12

Clock Tower
    Defense: 210/210
    Cost to Develop: 9

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Reisen Udongein Inaba
    Defense: 205/205

Eientei
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
    Defense: 230/230

Blossoms Barrier
    Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
    General: Prismriver Sisters
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

SDM Top Floor
    Army: Crimson SDM
    General: Remilia Scarlet (leader)
    Defense: 125/225

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
    Defense: 310/310

Special Events:

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

Well, looks like our questions about the rabbits of Eientei were answered.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-11-27 at 11:41 PM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight