Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
Favourite parts:
Everything really.
Especially the Burning Wheel game, and the duels of wits. And the poisoning plot. And the eventual result. And why it happened.
Oh, sidenote: My favourite bits of overhearing that game: Glug being the gnome, and when the dwarfs had (I believe) been consulting outside the room, and the first thing I heard when they came back in was Archie saying "Right, so we **** the Prince."

And the Once Upon A Time games. Oh my lord. Evil gumbo possessed by the spirit of Bad Horse whose arch nemeis is an evil magical dog. Stupid mechanical trees which are computers - and sometimes keys - which plan to take over the world. The blacksmith.
With his mechanical shark hooks. Also he has a chapel on his boat.

Iibbers cracked up laughing multiple times. And he took notes. Actually, we all cracked up laughing.
Yeah, if we played with that optional rule Cassie mentioned of losing the story if we paused for too long, we'd all be screwed by laughing fits. The story hasn't advanced at all for a couple of minutes, and we now have like 20 cards each.

By the way, I may try and do a full write-up of the Burning Wheel game tomorrow; but for the parts when I was away from the game table doing stuff could someone (an elf perhaps) write up what they talked about?
I look forward to reading this.

@photos: Hehe, I'm only pictured from the front in one of them. Although my hands got a lot of attention.
There are a couple more on facebook. And the card bomb shelter had to be documented!

The Waistcoat Brigade look exceptionally spiffy,
Hellz yeah. Next meetup, we're looking to recruit some more members. Make the meetup dress code waistcoats. Well, not just waistcoats (Although, man, if it's as hot as last year, being topless under the waistcoat could become a very appealing prospect...)

Next time around, screw bringing sleeping bags, pyiamas and the like, I'm iust bringing baking.
I imagine someone else will be able to provide you with a sleeping bag, and in a pinch you can sleep in your clothes. The plan is sound!

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
I don't post here enough no more.
This is a very true statement. Post more!

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
I blame the outside interference by Jibar, and the fact that everyone else in the game tried to nuke me first.
Well, I was originally trying to decide whether to nuke Hamish or Spanner, but then Curly told me to go for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
I thought Sheffield was very good.
Venue was perfect. Great possibilities to arrange the tables as needed, quiet (no interference from intoxicated bystanders or people using the booked room as a shortcut) and, of course, Spanner managed to get it for free.
I think this is by far the least expensive meetup for me to attend due to sharing petrol costs with Irbis and randman, and being able to crash at Spanner's place. And in this case, cheap is definitely good.
Another good point was that, while we didn't have the venue as late as usual, we still had it a good 11 hours, and having started early, we could still perfectly reasonably adjourn to somewhere else and continue the fun into the wee hours of the morning. This is how meetups should be. Start early, finish late, packed with awesomemagicfuntimes* for all.
Though, it was still too short for my liking.

*Totally a word.