1. - Top - End - #458
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Finished Bakemonogatari, it was pretty good. The Mayoi Snail arc and episode 12 were fantastic, but the rest of the episodes weren't quite up to that level. Dialogue and voice acting was top-notch, but animation was hit or miss (not a surprise coming from Shaft).

Then I moved on to Eden of the East, and wow is this show good. How did I miss this last year?

Anyway, enough about my post-acceptance anime binge. Let's get back to the Let's Play that I keep getting distracted from.

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 64

Spoiler
    Show
    Eirin: Oh my, welcome. Where does it hurt?

Reimu: What?

You came to get medicine, didn't you? This is a pharmacy after all.

...You all use to hide yourselves away then, before the moon incident. Since then, you've certainly become more proactive and positive, huh?

That's right, we played an eternally long game of hide and seek back then. So isn't it okay for us to play a little bit every now and then?

As long as it doesn't annoy others. That moon-concealing incident was far too much, for example.

That's in the past now. We have no reason to hide the moon, or hide ourselves anymore. We've finally attained the freedom we desired. So, what medicine do you need? A quick visual inspection seems to indicate to me that you have an end-of-season cold.

You can diagnose me just from looking? Gah, you sidetracked me again...I came here to request for your help.

My help? ...Ahh, you want me to serve in your army? ...I have one condition.

One condition? What is it?

I want your guarantee that all of Eientei and its residents will not be harmed in any way whatsoever. And I want a treaty signed to confirm it.

Just what kind of person do you think I am?

A demon from hell who ruthlessly brutalizes all who stands in her way.

...Maybe I should place a seal here that'll keep you all from ever going out again.

It was just a little joke. As long as you accept those conditions, I shall obey you.

You don't have to worry anyway, I've got nothing bad in store for Eientei. I'm quite impressed at your willingness though.

By the way, honestly, the attitude you take for these things isn't effective at all. You need to show more motivation for the things you must do.

...I take it back. Just be a servant already.

Eirin Yagokoro became an ally.

Kaguya: My, a guest? I'm afraid there isn't much of interest around here right now. Come again another time, perhaps.

Reimu: That's not what I came here for...

Marisa: Even if there ain't anythin' to do, we can always do a li'l sightseein'!

...You would be the one who "borrowed" some of our precious treasures, correct? Do return them at once.

Pshaw, they looked so pitiful in the corner of that room, gatherin' dust. All I did was save 'em from their fate!

...Is thievery not considered a sin on earth?

She's the exception to the rule.

Oh well, I suppose it's alright. They're fakes after all.

Whaaaat!? How could this be? Are my eyes startin' to fail me!?

Those are very well-crafted imitations...But I'm afraid only one of the real thing exists.

Give it to me!

Perhaps when my lifespan has run its course.

Damnit, I hafta be more careful next time...

It appears we could do with heightened surveillance as well. Now then, please go on home, Ms. Thief.

Don't treat me like a thief too! Bah, I mean...Would you join our army? You all may have lost...But I'm sure you're not satisfied yet, right?

...You're asking me to serve you, a mere human of humble birth?

Humble birth or whatever, everyone's the same to me.

......Heh...Ahahahahahahaha! I suppose we've been living here long enough, indeed. Very well, I haven't had enough fun yet, after all.

That's good then. Let's do our best.

And the fee to let you join us is that treasure that you...

No.

...It'll be mine someday.

Kaguya Houraisan became an ally.

We get our first look at some of the unique characters from Hakugyokurou when they attack the human village this turn. Lily White is still her usual hyperactive scatterbrained self, as evident in her special, which distributes random stat buffs to allies and foes alike. Not reliable enough to be a threat, but the Prismrivers and Youmu have more dangerous skills up their sleeves.

Youmu possesses a skill that's sort of like the reverse of Aya's: a melee attack that hits from afar and instantly brings her into Close range of the target. The Prismrivers each have a multi-target support effect for their special: Lunasa debuffs all enemies, Merlin buffs all allies, and Lyrica has a very annoying group heal spell.

BGM: Pranked!

Reimu: ...Hey Marisa?

Marisa: ...Yeah?

...What's going on?

...Don't ask me.

Another feast was beginning to start, at the usual place, at the usual shrine. That was fast becoming a normal, everyday occasion...but there was something especially strange about this day.

Remilia: Patchy, here, have a drink. Will you be fine under this strong sunlight though?

Patchouli: Ah, tea? Thank you. And a vampire should be worrying about herself more than others in that regard.

Alice: I'll give you all a little show. My exciting Puppet Play starts now!

Youmu: Ohhhh, so many dolls are moving all at once...!

Sakuya: One, two...sixteen, all of them surrounding us perfectly without leaving a gap...This would be a good reference for knife angles.

Meiling: Whew...Accompanying Milady everywhere is fine and all, but is it really okay for us to be drinking so much at this time of the day?

Yuyuko: My, you're as serious as Youmu. Don't be so stiff, relax and enjoy yourself~.

Many familiar faces were present in the area, having fun and drinking sake. Reimu hadn't consented to it, of course, but everyone still arrived as if it was a planned gathering and got the party going.

...This is horrible.

What do you all think you're doing!? You're trespassing in my shrine!

My, isn't it obvious? We're here for worship.

Indeed, and where better to worship than a shrine?

You expect me to believe that a vampire would come here for worship?

I just came here to make a prayer~. I prayed that I could have fun and joy every day like this.

Uh, um...Yes, I came here to pray for that as well.

In that case, I came here to pray for protection for my books from being stolen.

Then I...Hmm, what should I pray for?

I'm not very sure myself. I'll need some time to think about it.

No one asked you all!!!

Hey, c'mon, calm down a bit...We've been havin' a drink too, after all.

Exactly. You don't sound very convincing with a cup in one hand and sweets in the other, Reimu.

Don't put me together with you all! Why did everyone purposely come here to drink and eat, anyway? Why not anywhere else?

Now that you ask...

Hmm...It's just coincidence, surely.

Yeah, everyone just got the idea to drink together, that's all.

Whatever the case, y'all might as well be members of our army at this rate.

Which do you prefer, alcohol or tea?

I'll mix 'em then drink up.

How very like you.

I've brought some auspicious red and white festival yeast buns for the occasion too. Would you like red or white?

I guess I'll take a red...Hey, wait a second...

Here's some water.

Thanks, I could use some...*gulp* Ughwah!? T-This isn't water, it's Japanese sake!

[color="DarkRed"]Mmhmm, and we have plenty of that to go around, so do take a seat already.

*cough*...Fine, but only for today!

Alright then, cheers!

In the end, they all sang and drank while the sun was up. And as soon as the sun set, everyone left without helping to clean up. Reimu could no longer even sigh at the sight of such a disaster.

...Can we stop now?

... I'll help ya out.

...It's actually quite strange. It's as if someone is attracting all these people here and making them drink and party the whole day.

If it were just us, we'd be fine drinkin' under the shrine roof as well.

And I'm getting the feeling that another feast will be coming soon. If we don't come up with something to counter it...I won't be able to stand this anymore.

Agreed. Havin' to help out with cleanin' up after everything is real tirin'.

...That's not what I meant.

Turn: 64
    Ouki: 13051
    Ryumaku: 102/133
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
    Defense: 160/160

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 150/310
    Cost to Develop: 36 RES

Garden of the Sun
    Defense: 175/175
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Nameless Hill
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 9 RES

Misty Lake
    Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
    Defense: 230/230
    Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Great Library
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 18 RES

Clock Tower
    Defense: 210/210

SDM Top Floor
    Defense: 225/225

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Defense: 205/205

Hidden House
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Eientei
    Defense: 230/230

Enemy Territories:

Blossoms Barrier
    Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
    General: Prismriver Sisters
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
    Defense: 310/310

Special Events:

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

Setting a Feast Trap
    Costs 30 RES to initiate this event.

Just sitting back for some development and recruitment today. Of course, even while doing nothing, things still keep happening.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-12-10 at 11:42 PM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight