1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 66

Spoiler
    Show
    Suika: I'll lend you my strength.

Reimu: Huh? I haven't even said anything.

Now now, no need to be shy. I'm sure you know the power of an ancient Oni well, don't you?

...Yes, very well indeed.

Such a powerful Oni is offering her strength to you. It's so gracious and honourable, don't you think?

Yes yes...Well, it's true that you're really strong, so you'll probably be helpful...Alright, I'll be counting on you.

Mm, that's good. Oni like honest people after all...I do have one duty that must be carried out properly, though.

What would that be?

Isn't it obvious? I must have a feast to welcome my entrance into your army! Now, let's drink up!

Good grief...Well, it certainly helps that you have sake that is basically free.

No can do, this is for Oni only! And I want to drink some human sake anyway. C'mon, let's do it!

...I don't think we need you after all.

*burp* *hic* Ahahahaha!

Suika Ibuki became an ally.

Well, I think we've spent enough time just sitting on our hands. Time to conquer our foes at full force! That means three attacks in a single turn! With each attack, one more Prismriver sister will join this concert of ours.

BGM: Ghostly Band ~ Phantom Ensemble ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

The Prismriver sisters actually have pretty sweet abilities, at least in my estimation. Lyrica's special is a mass healing spell for her entire team. The actual amount it heals by isn't quite that strong, but it will go off again for every one of her turns. Only the first time she casts it costs anything from her battle counter. Think of her as a bard committing to playing a healing song for the rest of the fight. While annoying, I don't think it's quite that bad on its own. However, this can get downright ugly once combined with what her sisters can do.

Merlin's party-wide buff spell is notably different from the standard Rally spell, which is already great on its own. Hers is much more random, and potentially far more potent. Every stat for each of her allies will be randomly raised, possibly by multiple points (+3 is the cap for any single stat buff). While random, it is still very strong and can stack if she uses it again during the fight. The worst-case scenario would be if she raises her team's defense while Lyrica casts her healing spell, as this would make it remarkably hard to do any damage to her. Don't be surprised if your damage dealers suddenly start putting up only 2-digit numbers after Merlin's buff.

Lunasa's special can be just as potent as Merlin's. It's basically a mirror of Merlin's spell: a random party-wide debuff for all enemies. After it went off, I noticed that many stats had gone down by at least 2 points, which is a pretty big deal. Like buffs, the cap for stat debuffs is -3. As a whole, the Prismriver Sisters' abilities aren't back-breaking if only one of them manages to cast something. However, if multiple sisters get to use their specials, their combined effects can be pretty devastating.

(Where was Lily White during all this?)

The long staircase that led to Hakugyokurou was a daunting mountain that any visitors had to overcome. Most of the living, no matter how strong they were, would give up before they reached the halfway point.

At the very top of those steps, Youmu was swinging two swords up and down rhythmically.

Youmu: Hoo...The barrier has been broken through...so I must protect this place with my life. I must not let anyone pass.

She muttered as she looked down the staircase. As the bodyguard of the Saigyouji Clan, she prided herself on her ability to protect her master. Unfortunately, that master was considerably stronger than her.

I, Youmu Konpaku, shall put my half-life on the line and defend this place till my dying breath!

She sliced with her swords into a dramatic pose. The deafening sound of complete silence made it clear that no one was around to see her.

...*sigh* Saying things like that when no one is around must make me look like an idiot.

She looked at the sky through the reflection on her sword. The thin light that reflected as such revealed a completely cloudless sky.

A lost or disorderly mind leads to disorder in swordsmanship...Hmm, actually, I haven't cut anything in a while. I usually get scolded if I do.

Youmu had her own reasons for wanting to slice various things, but of course, her behavior was quite an inconvenience to the others involved. Youmu was never good at understanding the obvious things.

I wonder if my skills have deteriorated...Mmph!

Youmu lifted her Hakurouken to her front in a battle stance, and focused all her senses into the blade. A pallid light started to glow from the sword. She then aimed at the sky, and swung her sword down.

Haah! ...Hmm, yes, it has deteriorated. I would've thought that my Blade Flash could have reached further than that.

The projectile that flew out from the sword flew several meters away from Youmu, then disappeared. She was not happy with the distance it traveled at all.

If we receive an enemy attack, I may not be able to protect Lady Yuyuko...Alright, I must do a special training course!

She returned to the mansion, seemingly resolute, and quickly returned carrying a bunch of human-shaped items.

An important tool for practicing swordsmanship and everyone's friend, Mr. Strawman! Many swordmasters in history used these in their daily training.

A human-shaped doll made of straw...complete with legs, arms and a head, though they did not seem very securely tied. Youmu took one of the dolls, and threw it up into the sky. She then jumped up after it.

Hyaaaaaaaaaah!!

With a shout to focus her spirit, she began slicing at a speed that ordinary people could not even dream of. The feeling and sounds of slicing made Youmu feel good as she and the doll hit the ground.

Whew...Alright, that was well cut. It seems my swordsmanship has not dulled...Ahhh!?

Poor Mr. Strawman's massacred corpse was rolling on the floor. Its legs and arms were cleanly sliced off, but the head still remained.

No way! I hit all five of the swordskills perfectly...!

The right arm, the right leg, the left arm, the left leg, and finally the head...She had most likely made a simple mistake.

My sword and heart must truly be clouded...I must concentrate, or I will be a burden on Lady Yuyuko!

She continued throwing and slicing strawman after strawman...The ghosts who saw that bloodcurdling scene would go on to call her the "Demon From Hell".

Turn: 66
    Ouki: 6779
    Ryumaku: 112/137
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175
    \Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
    Defense: 160/160

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 310/310
    Cost to Develop: 36 RES

Garden of the Sun
    Defense: 175/175

Nameless Hill
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 9 RES

Misty Lake
    Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
    Defense: 230/230
    Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Great Library
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 18 RES

Clock Tower
    Defense: 210/210

SDM Top Floor
    Defense: 225/225

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Defense: 205/205

Hidden House
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Eientei
    Defense: 230/230

Blossoms Barrier
    Defense: 220/220

Enemy Territories:

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
    Defense: 310/310

Special Events:

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

As I said before, Monday nights are looking pretty busy for me, so I probably won't be able to update tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-12-12 at 11:45 PM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight