Quote Originally Posted by drakir_nosslin View Post
One problem I see is that since the Fatetamer only gets 4 skill points, but can pick maneuvers from 6 different schools, s/he needs a +2 int modifier in order to be able to max out all skills associated with the chosen schools.
Now, I don't know if that's intended or not, but it was something that I felt was a bit strange.
That... is a good point. I should probably push it up to six skill points. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Roc Ness View Post
Sorry Lix. I have to agree with everybody else, this steps out of line with the other Martial Initiators. This would of course be okay if that was the intent of your Homebrew, like with a standard class redux.

Also, this class leaves too much room after Melded Style for dips. I mean, who is going to hang around for 1 or 2 manuvers, or an extra +1 to +2 bonus to something miscellaneous? They'll probably all be dipping into Paladin for Charisma to saves, or into something else even cooler than that.
Point. I put it at 18 as a 'no PrC' reward, but I'll move it back to 20.

Quote Originally Posted by The Antigamer View Post
Chiming in that 6 disciplines is too much. Also, is Call of Destiny an untyped bonus to AC?
Okay okay. I'll change that.
Yes, same as the Swordsage and the Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Jester View Post
Why does it have the Warblade's capstone 2 levels early?
Cause I didn't know that was the Warblade's capstone, and thought it'd be good as a No-PrC-reward.

Also, 6 disciplines, chosen by the player, is too strong, especially with 24 !!! maneuvers known. I would recommend reducing maneuver known and readied to a warblade level (or crusader at max) and to make it a max of 4 disciplines, especially if you want to leave it free to the player to choose them.
I'd really rather not. It's meant to be varied and eclectic, which is why it has almost as many options as a Swordsage.

Also, the ubercharging potential on this is ridiculous. If you want to let them initiate maneuvers after a charge, make it so it takes all of their pounce attacks, and not just 1.
Why? Iterative attacks aren't amazingly powerful.

Also, this needs to use Cha for more than Ac, or else there is little reason to not just put armor you aren't proficient with.
You use them for maneuver save DCs, but primarily it's best for cross class synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
Uh, no. Reread the swordsage skill list, this is much better. Do you mean the 4+Int instead of 6+Int? That's not much of an edge, 4+Int is pretty good.
I based it on the Swordsage list. That said, I think I'll remove the lions share. Hide and several others are only on there because of them being possible maneuver requirements.

By one. Again, that's a really small difference.
Still a difference.

Again, only relevant at low levels. Armor bonuses to AC are easy to get.
But nothings as easy as armour.

At level one, it has little defense at all. So much so that it's almost unplayable at first level. No, wait, it can wear leather armor and have rogue-level defense.
How so? Decent Dex and Cha will give you bearable AC. Not great, but that's not reallu the point.

Past that its defense is acceptable and its offense is significantly better than even the warblade's. Additionally, charisma synergy is immense, and since you get your capstone at level 18 (a capstone the warblade doesn't get until level 20), dipping is obvious. Or you could toss out charisma altogether, dip fighter, and get armor proficiency.
Moved the capstone up to 20.

Besides, what kind of ubercharger needs defense?
Their philosophy entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
Yeah, handing out the signature disciplines strikes me as a bad plan. So does handing out 6(!) disciplines. I suggest that if you want options, give them access to maybe four disciplines which are available to at least two classes. That kils two birds with one stone.
That makes sense... but I really like the varying disciplines. I think I'll lower BAB-they charge, giving them +2 to hit, it's not necessary-and leave the disciplines mostly untouched.