View Single Post

Thread: The god, Tharizdun

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default The god, Tharizdun

Alright, I'm playing 4th edition but since this is D&D lore it shouldn't really matter all that much. I've been DMing a campaign for 2 years, it's a huge campaign that we've all committed to, and I've had a general idea of the BBEG.

Just recently I leafed through the DMG for the first time in a while and came across Tharizdun.

Tharizdun
    Thriszdun is the chaotic evil god who created the Abyss. He is not mentioned in the Player's Handbook or named in the Monster Manual, because the fact of his existence is not widely known. A few scattered cults of demented followers revere him, calling him the Chained God or the Elder Elemental Eye. Tharizdun doesn't speak to his followers, so his commands are unknown, but his cults teach their members to:
    - Channel power to the Chained God, so he can break his chains.
    - Retrieve lost relics and shrings to the Chained God.
    - Pursue the obliteration of the world, in anticipation of the Chained God's liberation.

Now, if you were me this would basically be the BBEG you had roughly designed a while back. He is perfect.

Only thing is, that's it (understandably). That said, I was wondering if he exists in other editions and if so, if anyone can tell me more about him (or her)?

edit: Read the wiki article on him btw which does tell me more but still leaves out substantial chunks. I've also only found one picture of him which seemed to be a floating black mass with an eye and dark tendrils extending from it.
    Last edited by Sipex; 2010-12-14 at 12:19 PM.