View Single Post

Thread: The god, Tharizdun

1. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: The god, Tharizdun

Quote Originally Posted by Sipex View Post
    Alright, I'm playing 4th edition but since this is D&D lore it shouldn't really matter all that much. I've been DMing a campaign for 2 years, it's a huge campaign that we've all committed to, and I've had a general idea of the BBEG.

Just recently I leafed through the DMG for the first time in a while and came across Tharizdun.

Tharizdun
    Thriszdun is the chaotic evil god who created the Abyss. *snip*

- Channel power to the Chained God, so he can break his chains.
    - Retrieve lost relics and shrings to the Chained God.
    - Pursue the obliteration of the world, in anticipation of the Chained God's liberation.

Now, if you were me this would basically be the BBEG you had roughly designed a while back. He is perfect.

Only thing is, that's it (understandably). That said, I was wondering if he exists in other editions and if so, if anyone can tell me more about him (or her)?
    *snip*

Hmmm.. so much more material about this god exists than I thought did when I used him as BBEG. He's like a campaign-in-box kit, really.

-He's in Complete Divine (3.5) as the only god who provides the Force domain, which in and of itself is interesting. I decided to set up a campaign where [Force] magic and the makeup of the Planes were closely linked, and where Thardizun was imprisoned by other gods using very powerful force magic. The study of force and the planes was highly integral to the plot, and the villain breakdown is Cult of Thardizun vs. Hextor and Mechanus (the workings of which keep big T imprisoned).

-As far as appearance and fluff, he's whatever you want him to be... I only ever had access to the short blurb about him in CD3.5, but I guess that's what I liked about him: he was open for my own expansion.

-IF you really want him to be as he is in D&D canon, look up Temple of Elemental Evil... CDivine says Thard is listed in a book called "toee" which I assume is that. Other than that, a generic god of slaughter is the starting point for your BBEG.
    Last edited by Achernar; 2010-12-14 at 02:44 PM.