Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 69

Spoiler
Show
It's time to take on the final army left standing in Gensokyo: the Yakumo Clan.

They start things off with an easy lob. Chen isn't much of a threat by herself. She's pretty fast, but her special, Shiki Possession, is pretty random: it randomly gives her buffs and debuffs, although in general she seems to get mostly buffs whenever she uses it against me (she got no debuffs at all this time).

The thing about the Yakumo Clan on this difficulty is that they have two really strong characters that can demolish your team. And they've got Chen, who...tries her hardest. Since the Yakumo Clan has been on the map for a long time, they've had the time to accumulate lots of additional freelancers (I know they have at least Star Sapphire, Mystia, and Komachi), but those guys aren't nearly as high-leveled as their best members.

Chen: Lady Ran, I'm so sorry!

Ran: Ohh, are you alright?! Hmm...It seems that you really do need more normal training rather than the special one I provided. I'll be stricter next time.

T-That's...Ahaha...I'm sorry!

However, I cannot possibly ignore those who hurt my shikigami not just once, but twice. Chen, next time, you shall accompany me into battle.

Eh, really!? Yeeeessss! With you around, they're no match for us, Lady Ran!

Now now, you'll have to try your hardest too...Furthermore, if we don't fight well, whatever we say to Lady Yukari, she'll...

Stop our meals...

Give us 100 thwacks of her parasol...

......We cannot lose.

......Yeah, I'll do my best.

(Actually...It's been a long time since I've seen Lady Yukari so serious, but she still hasn't decided to show up yet...No, that's for the better. If she shows up now, she's sure to enact some punishment...*shiver*)

Lady Ran, why are your tails all standing up?

Ehh? Oh, don't mind them...Anyway, let's eat.

Okay!

Ran decided to put on a brave face while in front of Chen.

Mokou: A nine-tailed fox...Looks like you've resurrected, huh? I never thought I'd find you here after looking for you for so long.

Ran: Ehh? Resurrected? What do you mean...?

You were supposed to have lost your power after that death...But it looks like all those years have brought that back too.

Uh, I'm not quite following you...

Whatever the case, a nine-tailed fox existing will surely throw the world into chaos. I shall destroy you right here and now!

Whaaa!?

......Then again, it should be fine. There isn't a person with utmost power over Gensokyo. With no place to go, you'll just drift around.

Um...I don't quite think you understand...

Oh, don't worry, I definitely understand. I know the pain of having nowhere to stay, away from the gaze of the public.

...Oh?

Although this seems like a good place to settle down and lead a peaceful life. There'll be happiness in the future, I'm sure, so keep at it!

Ah, hey! I get the feeling that she's mistaken me for someone else...Well, whatever.

Chen is fast, but otherwise doesn't do much. Ran, on the other hand, is not only fast, but possesses monstrous stats in all other areas. And with the additional bonus she gets from being paired with Chen, she becomes quite a handful. She starts off the fight immediately by hitting Shikieiki for well over 500 damage, then KO's her on her next turn.

The rest of Ran's allies go down pretty quickly, though, leaving just Ran alone. However, it takes quite a while for us to defeat her. She wastes her last turn using her (admittedly good) special, which simply increases all her stats. That's pretty great if she starts the fight with it, as it makes her quite difficult to take down.

Ran: Oooof...Ugh, who would've thought they'd be this good...I wasn't even going easy on them...

Chen: Lady Ran...

Oh, there's no need to worry. You can't win them all, so next will be our turn to win and...

Yukari: My, how optimistic.

Wahhh! Lady Yukari!?

Ran, is there something on my face? Or is there another reason why you were so scared of me?

N...No, it's nothing whatsoever!

I suppose it's time for you-know-what. Are you ready?

Ah, you mean...

Yes, of course...Punishment time.

Wahhhhhhhhh! I'm sorry!!

Lady Ran, be strong~!

...I'm just kidding. They've managed to get this far after all, they wouldn't be stopped so easily.

Ah...? B-But...

This is what I planned from the start. After all, it wouldn't do for the final boss to make her appearance right at the start, would it?

Lady Yukari...So we were just the opening act, so to speak?

My, are you not satisfied? Then you should've done better!

Ahwowowow, I'm sorry!!

Don't hit Lady Ran with your parasol~...

In any case, I shall face them now. Ran, Chen, you two are coming with you.

Understood.

Yeah, I'll do my best!

Hehehe...The time is slowly, but surely coming. Reimu, I'll make sure to see it through to the end.

At the very least, the Yakumo Clan's counterattacks are pretty weak. Suika gets to show off her skills by KOing 4 enemies at once with Pandemonium. Otherwise, this isn't particularly interesting.

Turn: 69
Ouki: 5745
Ryumaku: 116/144
Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
Defense: 250/250
Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border
Defense: 160/160

Magic Forest Interior
Defense: 210/210
cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
Defense: 190/190
Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Muenzuka
Defense: 215/215
Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
Defense: 310/310
Cost to Develop: 36 RES

Garden of the Sun
Defense: 175/175

Nameless Hill
Defense: 205/205
Cost to Develop: 9 RES

Misty Lake
Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
Defense: 230/230
Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Great Library
Defense: 195/195
Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Clock Tower
Defense: 210/210

SDM Top Floor
Defense: 225/225

Lost Bamboo Forest
Defense: 205/205

Hidden House
Defense: 195/195

Eientei
Defense: 230/230

Blossoms Barrier
Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
Defense: 235/235

Enemy Territories:

Yakumo Residence
Army: Yakumo Clan
General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
Defense: 119/310

Prisoners:

So...does anyone know what Mokou's talking about? Is this some reference to Cage in Lunatic Runagate?