Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 70

Spoiler
Show
Yukari: Oh my, if it isn't the Yama. It's been quite a long time, hasn't it?

Eiki: ...This large-scale strife involving each and every influential person in Gensokyo...I take it you have fulfilled what you set out to accomplish.

My, whatever might you be talking about?

There is nothing you can hide from me. I already know the other half of your reason for inciting this incident. That you wanted to...

Now now, it's still too early to spoil the whole thing...It is indeed as you think, though.

......You truly love this world, I see.

Those who love Gensokyo should stand up to protect it and not leave the job to those non-interfering gods. That is our goal, after all.

...I see. It appears that there is nothing more I need to say. Instead, the process, the results...and you resolution. I shall judge them now!

Well, I'd say it's about time. We finally get to see the instigator of this whole mess, Yukari Yakumo herself, on the battlefield.

BGM: Necrofantasia ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

Yukari has very solid stats with no real weak point. The stat bonuses given to her rather quick shikigami will make them formidable as well. Both Ran and Chen are speedy characters who prefer close-range combat, and can oftentimes start the match off with attacks aimed at your squishier characters to seriously soften up your offensive before you even have a chance to do anything. I like using Keine and Mokou in this situation, as the former is so hard to kill and the latter doesn't mind dying. Absorbing those dangerous early attacks is important, as this gives you a chance to bring down Chen quickly with your own attackers, then get to work wearing down Ran and Yukari.

When I say "wear down", I really mean it. Both Yukari and Ran have excellent defenses, and will take many hits before they go down. Ran is capable of boosting her stats to help offset her dwindling HP, while Yukari's attacks come with added debuffs, so even if you can reduce her damage, you're still suffering from her strikes. Since both of them have such good defenses, I almost never manage to defeat them both before my battle counter runs out. Thus, it's wise to leave Chen and the mooks alive with minimal amounts of HP and have them waste their side's battle counter as well. You don't want Yukari and Ran to freely wail on you at the end when they've still got hundreds of HP left.

Suika: Heya Yukari~. Doing well~?

Yukari: My, hello there Suika. Thank you for all your hard work.

And I really deserve it, you know. You ended up making me like a villain and all. Being a bad girl isn't easy.

My deepest apologies for that. I'll bring you some of the rarest sake from the outside world to make up for it.

That sounds great. I guess you had an even worse time of it, though. Your role was even more unpleasant than mine.

It's fine, this kind of role is what I enjoy most.

You're really such a weirdo. Though I s'pose if you weren't like that, Reimu wouldn't have been as motivated either. It's all up to her now. Anyway, let's have some fun! You're always sleeping the day away, you need to get some exercise too!

My, I'd honestly rather not if you were to be my opponent. but I suppose I'll need to show my thanks for going along with my plan.

You got it! Let me see your full power, Yukari!

BGM: Necrofantasia ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

The next time around is a real close one. With buffs and debuffs flying everywhere, Suika lands Pandemonium for 4 hits. Normally this would be good news, except all 4 hits were on the mooks and Chen, whom I've been trying to keep alive. With them out of the picture, Yukari and Ran end up with tons of points left on their battle counter at the end of the fight.

With my remaining characters, I made an attempt to take Yukari and Ran down, but soon realized I would not be able to accomplish this with my remaining battle counter. With the counter already at 0, I had Kaguya use Instant Eternity to drop the opposing battle counter by a bit, and made Eirin heal up our party as much as she can. Even with those damage control moves, Yukari and Ran used their remaining attacks to chisel away at the battle guage and turn the tide back in their favor. At least no one died, though.

No more attacks on this turn. If there's this much variance even when we use our higher-level characters, I'd rather not risk seeing how our lower-level character would fare against Yukari.

Turn: 70
Ouki: 3425
Ryumaku: 116/145
Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
Defense: 250/250
Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Night-Blind Road
Defense: 160/160
Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path