New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

It can start with the main characters entering the Vendetta to excavate its sunken ruins and dig up things of use.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Salmon View Post
    I'll also start designing a FI character as well. Nothing major, probably just some person who shows up every 50-100 comics to annoy/advise the main group/character or something. You know, so it'll fit in better with my super busy real life schedule.
    Why not just use Swagger? He was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by evil_d4_swarm View Post
    Also, reading back through the archive, it seems to have lost focus.
    What focus? We had focus?

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    They also use numbers and colors.

One pack of siblings was named Onepenguin, Twopenguin, Redpenguin, Bluepenguin.
    I lol'ed.

I'm trying to decide how some of my characters will be portrayed in FI. Here's what I have:

Mechafox will be relegated to more of a background role. He is now even more delusional, and will behave in an erratic (and often comedic) manner. I'm thinking he may have uploaded his consciousness into a much bigger system at some point, and perhaps may be inhabiting the system of the citadel or vendetta. Perhaps he shares a system with Ven? Their contrasting AIs could give some interesting interaction.

Philippe and his brothers will be present in the Resistance headquarters, but will not be active in the plot. Armando may show up to do machinery repairs, but I'm not planning any plot hooks about them.

Nobody and Jiken Keshou have not been seen since the Longcat battle. Their whereabouts and safety are unknown to everyone except me.

The corrupt Plotgoblins have reduced their activity to be much more passive, but are biased heavily against the Resistance. Of course, not everyone feels this way, and one plotgoblin who has been a background for quite some time will actually step up and become relevant to the plot, along with a handful of new goblins on both sides of the conflict.

With any luck, The Void may actually show up.

I have plans for an new character as well. A mysterious newcomer, if you will.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2008-12-20 at 01:21 AM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post

What focus? We had focus?

I lol'ed.

I'm trying to decide how some of my characters will be portrayed in FI. Here's what I have:

Mechafox will be relegated to more of a background role. He is now even more delusional, and will behave in an erratic (and often comedic) manner. I'm thinking he may have uploaded his consciousness into a much bigger system at some point, and perhaps may be inhabiting the system of the citadel or vendetta. Perhaps he shares a system with Ven? Their contrasting AIs could give some interesting interaction.

Philippe and his brothers will be present in the Resistance headquarters, but will not be active in the plot. Armando may show up to do machinery repairs, but I'm not planning any plot hooks about them.

Nobody and Jiken Keshou have not been seen since the Longcat battle. Their whereabouts and safety are unknown to everyone except me.

The corrupt Plotgoblins have reduced their activity to be much more passive, but are biased heavily against the Resistance. Of course, not everyone feels this way, and one plotgoblin who has been a background for quite some time will actually step up and become relevant to the plot, along with a handful of new goblins on both sides of the conflict.

With any luck, The Void may actually show up.

I have plans for an new character as well. A mysterious newcomer, if you will.
    Mecha could share a system with Ven. The two conciousneses are seperate, but they may occasionally switch mid-conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #154
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    Never... Again...

The resistance, as said, includes Schizotec and Alphantica. How's about after the grays allied with the Schizo, they had to evacuate, using the vendetta, to Schizo. Gray extremist groups, claiming that the UNA was the way of the future, sabotaged the vendetta. On its way to Shizo, it began spiraling out of control. By using the escape boats, most of the citizens escaped the vendetta, but the ship sank to the bottom of the sea. Now the grays live mostly in Schizotec and Alphantica, with a fair amount in the UNA.
    You might want to take Alphantica out of the equation.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

5. - Top - End - #155

Sharnin is in the resistance. By then the entire population has already retreated into the demi plane. The only sharnians in avabaroy are millitary at that time.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    Good point. It would be interesting to see Swagger in the future.

Then again, there's no shame in having more than one character, right?

(PS. I'm off now, back in a few days).

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've only read the first few pages, but if we finish FFF all the people will bundle into Future imperfect there will be too many people to remember , too many sub plots and too much god modding.

edit: actually i'm quite annoyed, I went to bed last night and there were about ten of us participating in FI. It was a good idea and it wasn't too cramped. All the people who want to join won't understand it at all and anyone who wants to come back won't understand it either. I think we should keep both plots but just have each person decide which plot they want to be in and stick to it, that way one plot won't overpower the other. . Finally this plot was letting people like me and MM who are often over looked in FFF to have a place in the spot light. But now all the people who we're main characters in FFF are coming in and are going to take control and pretty soon nobody will even remember I was in it. I might as well just give up now.
    Last edited by chriky; 2008-12-20 at 03:59 AM.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Great, I missed four Pages, can someone tell me what we're talking about, I'm too lazy to read through it.

JOIN MEPA!
    Last edited by Nameless; 2008-12-20 at 05:25 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Tell me about it, just had to skim through like 12 pages of discussion.

All I caught was something about people wanting to end FFF or somesuch.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Hey Keris ! How about we make our own plot and story ? I never got to pay you back with the whole "Lord of catgirls" thing .

And since there are a couple of people here that could be interested in this...

Cat Fight - the new plotz
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

I read trough all the posts since my last one. Oww, my head. I would like to join FI with two characters:

Keveak was on the Vendetta 15 years ago, but when it fell into the ocean he was thrown out of it and raised by a tribe of island kobolds. Later he found out it (the tribe) where created by his family (he was found by gnomes as an egg so he had no idea whom or where his family where). He got married with another kobold named Kethia (Keveak was told his kobold name (Arget Silverbreath) by his family). They had two kids (yup, my FI characters is my FFF characters kids):

Flayon: A seven year old kobold druid with an odd green eye color. He mostly follows his brother acting as an healer and sometimes fighting. His personality is childish and he often do small magic tricks for fun, this might annoy other because it makes their stuff float or their clothes pink. He's Chaotic good.

Argonath: The older brother of Flayon. He's fourteen years old and much more serious than his brother. He looks very different from other kobolds with his silver colored skin, wings and red eyes. He's a sorcerer/cleric of his heritage (Not a third party sourge).

Both are members of the resistance.
    The island their family lived on was destroid five years ago with everyone in the tribe (including Keveak). They sees Ven as a substitude parent because he was the one who found them and helped them when the island was destroied.

Well what do you think
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    As the appointed countess of catgirls, I approve of this.
    my credentials

13. - Top - End - #163
    Colossus in the Playground

*reloads storm bolters*
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey Threeshades, thanks for spotting the error with my d4s. I fixed them and I also fixed my FI character:

"That last nob is mocking me! He's like "Hey, you want this killpoint? Do ya?'"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

My FI characters:

Argonath to the left and Flayon to the right.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    My FI characters:

Argonath to the left and Flayon to the right.
    OMG argorath is a zombie!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    As the appointed countess of catgirls, I approve of this.
    my credentials
    So, as the Marquis, I'm meant to feel an obligation, then? Sod.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Keris ! How about we make our own plot and story ? I never got to pay you back with the whole "Lord of catgirls" thing .

And since there are a couple of people here that could be interested in this...

I claimed that title fair and square. It's not my fault I had the idea first.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    OMG argorath is a zombie!
    flying zombie

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    flying zombie
    Flying zombie Jesus?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Flying zombie Jesus?
    Flaming zombie jesus

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Every new beginning comes from some other beginnning's end.

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Flaming zombie jesus
    Flying flaming robot pirate ninja zombie jesus

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

I probably shouldn't bother reentering FFF with this FI plot on the horizon..

Has it been decided yet whether FFF will run alongside of FI, or if triple F is gonna be killed off?
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-20 at 09:52 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    I've only read the first few pages, but if we finish FFF all the people will bundle into Future imperfect there will be too many people to remember , too many sub plots and too much god modding.
    That's why we will have more sophisticated rules in the sequel. Such as No Subplots and having a character sheet (not in the D&D sense, but one with the backstory, the personality and the abilities of character) before making any comics so we can judge if the character is appropriate.

I'm actually happy with the proposition of ending Fat Fish Fury. We can now start anew and we will have learned from our mistakes. Even with its flaws, Fat Fish Fury was a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    edit: actually i'm quite annoyed, I went to bed last night and there were about ten of us participating in FI. It was a good idea and it wasn't too cramped. All the people who want to join won't understand it at all and anyone who wants to come back won't understand it either. I think we should keep both plots but just have each person decide which plot they want to be in and stick to it, that way one plot won't overpower the other. . Finally this plot was letting people like me and MM who are often over looked in FFF to have a place in the spot light. But now all the people who we're main characters in FFF are coming in and are going to take control and pretty soon nobody will even remember I was in it. I might as well just give up now.
    I don't want to be rude, but a main character is someone who drives the story. Without him, the plot would be very different. The easiest way to become a main character in ABR is to start early and push the story forward. It's not a matter of power, but a matter of being important. In ABR, if you're important, you can decide where the other character will go.

And keep in mind that Almighty Salmon (and possibly Threeshades) will not wind up being important in Future Imperfect. There are plenty of important seats to be taken. I've taken that of the world builder, and it's your choice if you want to take that of the main character.

Has it been decided yet whether FFF will run alongside of FI, or if triple F is gonna be killed off?
    Fat Fish Fury will not be killed. It's like a film series; you don't kill a film to start a sequel.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-20 at 09:59 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    and it's your choice if you want to take that of the main character.
    Well if it's my choice, yeah, I be the main character.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Flying flaming robot pirate ninja zombie jesus
    Right, stop that. It's silly. And a bit suspect, I think. Time for a cartoon. Only not me, now, because it's 2 am and I'm going to bed. The line's at the end.

So when's this thing gonna start off?
    Not for some time, I'd say. Call it six months, eight at the outset.
    EDIT: Assuming we're ending 3F first. I've seen quite a number of votes in favour of this.
    I'm actually happy with the proposition of ending Fat Fish Fury.
    Fat Fish Fury will not be killed. It's like a film series; you don't kill a film to start a sequel.
    Objection! There is a contradiction in the witness' testimony!
    Last edited by Ninja Chocobo; 2008-12-20 at 10:04 AM.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn, I figured it'd be the day after tomorrow or some such.

I think I'll stay away from any plots until this new one is out, might try my hand at that then. Really burnt out at the moment, not really happy with any character designs I come up with.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-20 at 10:06 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

On a somewhat different note, Is FI going to be magic centric? I'd assume with the sovices/una etc that tech would be somewhat more.. available.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-20 at 10:24 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Will the Sovices capture all of elvenkind and place them in zoos?