New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    On a somewhat different note, Is FI still going to be magic centric? I'd assume with the sovices/una etc that tech would be making a comeback of sorts.
    Magic will be used mostly by the resistance (someone should really find a good name for it), while the general technology level will be that of the Industrial Revolution, except in important metropolis such as Kashu, Blauport or Salmonville. For some reason, the Sovice are letting the people of Avbaroy develop their own technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Will the Sovices capture all of elvenkind and place them in zoos?
    Yes, but High Elves will live in reserves, much like some indigenous Americans on modern Earth.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-20 at 10:27 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

The problem I have with this plot is it's going to be gritty. I'm not good at gritty. I prefer a setting where awesome people do awesome things that are awesome.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

So do gritty things that are awesome.

Like building cars out of random parts that look like they should fall apart, but are actually very useful. (and very durable)
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Like building cars out of random parts that look like they should fall apart, but are actually very useful. (and very durable)
    Then punting it through a skyscraper!
    .....Nnnno. Doesn't work. See?
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Just try to think of Hellsing whenever you make a comic Ninja. It's gritty, but still awesome.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think that in this new plot we could require i dunno like two or something weeks of training in one of the other plots and in that time help them learn the rules and improve their art. That way the people that enter future imperfect won't be without knowlege of the rules or art skill.

7. - Top - End - #187

But if we end FFF, the only options then are Plot Three, and SDSB. I'm not counting PW/SW because they have no indication of art talent.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe we should move FI out of ABR. I mean, it's even more unrelated to the original than FFF was, first we have a plot, now we're going to have restrictions on what people can do. We could make a new thread, listing FI as a "collaborative webcomic".

EDIT: @V: We could keep that here. Re-name it "ABR and FI Discussion thread", or something similar.
    Last edited by Keris; 2008-12-20 at 11:45 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189

I dunno it seems to sound good. We'd need a discussion for that one too though.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    I dunno it seems to sound good. We'd need a discussion for that one too though.
    I get the feeling that the other denizens of the arts and crafts section aren't gonna be too happy about another Abr thread.

11. - Top - End - #191

Wha? There are other people in the A&C section?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

12. - Top - End - #192

What, they have two threads for Shipping. And ABR has been around twice as long. Thus, we should have FOUR THREADS!

13. - Top - End - #193

YESH!!!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Maybe we should move FI out of ABR. I mean, it's even more unrelated to the original than FFF was, first we have a plot, now we're going to have restrictions on what people can do. We could make a new thread, listing FI as a "collaborative webcomic".

EDIT: @V: We could keep that here. Re-name it "ABR and FI Discussion thread", or something similar.
    Future Imperfect is as related to Avatar Battle Royale as Fat Fish Fury. FFF also has rules, but Future Imperfect is stricter. And we still use our avatars for the most part.

15. - Top - End - #195

Speaking of comics.... MASK!?!

16. - Top - End - #196

OK. I think I have an idea.

In FI, we make two new threads: The discussion threat, and the comic thread, as in ABR as we know it today.

However, in the first post of the comic thread, we have a much more detailed list of rules and explanations.

We can also have a "How do I join?" Section in the first post, detailing the procedure. Step 1 is to post in the Discussion thread with a character application, including a picture, detailed description (with details not noticeable on the picture), a personality, a background, and a "Stretched Sheet." By "Stretched Sheet," I mean a basic measurement of powers and abilities. It doesn't have to line up with the DnD universe, but it should be clearly defined what your character is capable of. In your sheet, on the rare case, we will also allow people to state that their power can fluctuate (like Calamities' and Threeshades') frequently, as long as they explain it and give us the limits on either end.

After the application, everyone in FI will have a vote on whether or not to accept the new character. We will post that the voting will be harsh, and they should not feel bad if their application is turned down. In order to be accepted, you need at least 50% of the general public's vote. The only problem with this system is, who starts out in and out?

As for the no sub-plots, as I've said- you can do things differently from the others, as long as it has relevance to the actual plot. This means, no running off to pursue your own character's goals. No randomly switching. What you can do, on the other hand, is leave the area in order to search for a powerful amulet that will help the resistance destroy the Sovice (or something along those lines). As long as it contributes and has meaning, it should be accepted.

How does that sound?
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think that sounds good. Should I write up an application?
    Last edited by evil_d4_swarm; 2008-12-20 at 12:33 PM.
    "That last nob is mocking me! He's like "Hey, you want this killpoint? Do ya?'"

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    The only problem with this system is, who starts out in and out?
    We start off with everyone who wants to participate posting a character sheet, and have a general ABR vote. People have 24 hours to vote on whether a character is "in" or "out", and any major revisions of the characters will need a new vote. After FI has started, then characters can be voted on by the people actively participating in FI.

We need something to keep ABR going though. SDSB is fairly small, there isn't the breadth for sub-plots we have in FFF. I mean, none of my characters in FFF care about the Dragon Talisman. People need somewhere where they can sandbox.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Question! Why do we need a separate thread for FI? It's merely a new Abr plot, and we've never made a new thread simply because of a new plot?

20. - Top - End - #200

I don't like it. all that will do is discourage people from joining. In addition, i don't think that those of us that are already here should have to be voted in by people here. It should just be brand new people that have no clue what they are doing.

21. - Top - End - #201

Oliver

Character Power Level: Low Epic Swordsage with homebrew discipline, known as "Planar Journeyman". He has training in Acrobatics, as well as with firearms.

Description: Since FFF his scar has grown, as can be seen. He has fallen into compulsive smoking, and roams cities freely with his gang, a sub-group of the Resistance. Included in the gang is Jakob, his grandson, and (If he agrees) the Q.

Background: He was born into a fairly wealthy Gray family, and went on foreign exchange, where he met Igon. After he graduated, he went to a university in Sigil. Next, he started a 557 year voyage of the planes. When he went to Carceri, he fell in love with a succubus named Elizabeth, and she had a child named Lily. Eventually, the relationship went sour, as most relationships with a succubus do. Along the way, he gained service of the Vendetta, and the Dettas.

After this, he fell in love with a planetar named Kella. He left a few years later, and when he returned, he found out that she had given birth to his son, Arthur. And Kemor, an Astral Deva, was married to Kella. He gained full custody of the child, and took him with him for the remainder of the voyage. A teleportation accident sent Oliver to the Citadel, and the ship to Fudge Land. During FFF, Oliver allied with Igon again. Later, he fought against Threeshades. He boarded the Vendetta, and fought, and later allied with Q. He rendezvoused with the Dettas, and attempted to free Ven.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-12-20 at 12:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    I don't like it. all that will do is discourage people from joining. In addition, i don't think that those of us that are already here should have to be voted in by people here. It should just be brand new people that have no clue what they are doing.
    But even people who are part of ABR can completely misjudge the setting and come up with a character who makes no sense. Q originally wanted to use a Poke-Mon who joined a Resistance group to get fit.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

@Shades
    So what happened to his morphy sword thingamajig?
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-20 at 12:55 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204

He still has it, as a memento. He uses guns at a range, but materializes his sword in melee. It's not unique to him, it's a gray weapon known as "the Gray armblade". Using magitek it can materialize and grow.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I add your "character sheet" on the wiki, Shades of Gray ? This way, we won't have to search through the discussion thread to find the information.

26. - Top - End - #206

Sure thing. I'm just waiting for Q to say Yay or nay to the motorcycle gang.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, here's mine:

Hivemind

One of the crystaline d4s of legend. Hivemind has collected, overpowered, and incorperated two other crystal d4s. Over the past 15 years, Hivemind has become more single-minded in his quest for the other shards. He joined the resistance out of self-defense after stealing a shard from sovice forces.

Powers:
    • Flight
      He can fly reasonably fast, outpacing a car at his fastest.
    • Invisibility
      Kind of self-explanitory. Hivemindturns it on and off at will.
    • D4 Swarm
      Hivemind can summon semi-sentient d4s out of thin air. He controls them through the hivemind that he is named for.
      • There are three types of d4s that Hivemind can summon:
      • Blue: These can fly as fast as Hivemind, and they shoot heat-rays (also blue). Hivemind mostly summons these.
      • Green: These are like blues, except instead of shooting beams, shey self destruct in five-foot radius burst of energy.
      • Orange: These only can roll for movement. They also bit. Hivemind rarely summons this type of swarm.
    • Projection: Four blue d4 beams passing through Hivemind create a mental projection of his origin.
    • Magic: Hivemind can shoot beams of energy, teleport, and do other assorted minor magical effects.
    Last edited by evil_d4_swarm; 2008-12-20 at 10:42 PM.
    "That last nob is mocking me! He's like "Hey, you want this killpoint? Do ya?'"

28. - Top - End - #208
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Ooo, ooo, me too!

Kpenguin's Corpse

Description
    Its the dead body of Kpenguin. He's dead Jim. His interests include rotting, staying still, and attracting flies.

Abilities
    • Preservation: For some reason, Kpenguin's corpse decomposes at a slow rate.
    • Unraisable: For some reason, Kpenguin cannot be raised or ressurected from the dead in any way
    • Immortal Flies: A mass of unkillable, but harmless, flies swarm around the corpse.

In all seriousness, I probably won't release my character sheet until FFF ends. What happens to Kpen is a spoiler... sort of.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

I deleted my old ABR character (Calamity, Lying etc.) templates. Re-creating them now. Will post when finished, even if I never get to use them in a comic.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Barbarian in the Playground

My character page for FI.

Appearance:

He is a quite high leveled ranger / rouge who prefers to use more traditional weaponry not guns. He is only 36 and just reaching his prime and so is a strong fighter

Description: Since FFF he has become a very close allie to Lying and is looking after him through his illness. He is often sent on the hardest of Resistance missions and is extremely well trusted by all that know him, and feared by most of the UNA. Even thogh he is working beside them he is renowned for his hatred of schizotechians.

Background: He is half draconic and was neglected by his draconic father. His whole family have an oath to protect Sildyu and all her heirs but when Threeshades died this oath was lifted. He went off adventuring ahd trying to find his brother Firedrake. He eventually found firedrake and started working with Lying to stop Threeshades shades (note that the oath binds him to threeshades soul not her shades). When the UNA came to power he fought valiantly alongside the resistance and that's why he is so well respected.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show