New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Goot idea. Hy vill make de komic about dis.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have made a comic that makes my character ready for FI.
    Last edited by evil_d4_swarm; 2008-12-20 at 10:59 PM.
    "That last nob is mocking me! He's like "Hey, you want this killpoint? Do ya?'"

3. - Top - End - #273

Kitteh no liek water.

However he seems to like scrabble.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    Kitteh no liek water.

However he seems to like scrabble.
    *Glare*
    I'll both respond and make my sheet tomorrow. However, I vote for not making anew thread. FI is still ABR, even if it's different.
    Here's how I think we should handle ABR:
    We make SDSB and Plot 3 the playgrounds/sandboxes. If someone is around a fro little while, and updates fairy regularly (with no godmodding)then he can go to FFF 2: Future Imperfect.
    I do think that we should really do a 'How to Join' thing, we're too vague. No voting, though.
    G'night all.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

I still advise against shutting FFF 1 off completely.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I still advise against shutting FFF 1 off completely.
    As do I, but the people have voted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground

evening lying but still the plot is wrapping itself up on its own. 3shades is dead and mostly inactive and salmon is inactive so we've lost our big bad and our main hero.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Which is why we have other villains, like Ins and Tvor, doesn't mean we should shut down FFF 1.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    evening lying but still the plot is wrapping itself up on its own. 3shades is dead and mostly inactive and salmon is inactive so we've lost our big bad and our main hero.
    Anyways, we aren't shutting it down. We're making a sequel. Did Tolkein cease to write Middle Earth stories after he wrote the Hobbit? No, he just was doing the next one and didn't want an enormous book that would intimidate would-be readers.
    Yes, I'm still here.
    EDIT:/\ Tvor is, to my knowledge, more of an 'antihero' than a 'villain'. And FFF has been going on a while, all great comics have sequels. If we do FI and leave FFF, than we'll need to worry about leaving minor people like me and Keveak alive for the next plot, so that there isn't a big Plothole. This way is much easier. FFF is pretty much over anyways, the old villain from 'FFF I' is finally dead. If we don't do a new plot, Ins will be living in TS's shadow. We should do a new plot, because we have a new villain at last.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2008-12-21 at 12:01 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280

lying what font do you use for the sovice language?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

FI Character Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Ven
    Power Level: Varies, depending on how many dettas/ other systems are present in the immediate area.
    Background: Built by Schitzian Technomancers to repair and run the flying super fortress Vendetta, which accompanied Oliver on his planar travels. Ven has an extensive knowledge base, especially concerning mechanics and the planes.
    In Future Imperfect: Ven acts as a coordinator and support system for The Resistance. Because in the age of Sovice technology, computer parts are easy to scavenge and steal, Ven is doing pretty well. However, though he claims it works fine, these stolen processors don't exactly sinc up with Ven's core components, which may be contributing to his change in personality. Ven's Robots (The Dettas) can be found at almost every Resistance base, and because they can be rebuilt relatively easily (Compared to Resistance soldiers), are often used for suicidal missions, especially ones involving demolitions. He shares part of his systems with Mechafox, though the two personalities remain distinctly separate.
    Ven's most valuable contributions to the Resistance are his ability to coordinate and handle long-distance communications, his ability to process information, and the Repair Detta's ability to refit scavenged equipment for the Resistance. Where he "Is" is a tricky question, since he is present on systems spread throughout the world, however, Ven's primary node is currently underneath the city of Skornbail in what is now the Republic of Schitzotech. Specifically, he is in a hidden underground complex where many parts of the Vendetta were once built, the complex was sealed off afterwards, and any knowledge of it has been lost. Thus, the UNoA never found out about it's existence, or location, when they conquered Schitzotech. This, combined with the high amount of revolutionary sympathy in Schitzotech, allows Ven to operate relatively freely. The Compound was stripped after the Scornbail incident, so it's nothing but a series of bare rooms now, but it works.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #282

I likes it Can I have a detta as a familiar/little pal/Assistant?

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I likes it Can I have a detta as a familiar/little pal/Assistant?
    Sure, if you don't mind a callous, paranoid AI watching your every move.
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #284

It'll be like a custom one made to help out doomer on his missions. So it'll be programmed differently and stuff

15. - Top - End - #285

...even though all the dettas are connected to Ven... yeah....

16. - Top - End - #286

NEVAR MEMMARCH!

17. - Top - End - #287

Nevar? <no definition found>

BRC, could we have a full picture of Ven with nothing in the way for templating from?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Nevar? <no definition found>

BRC, could we have a full picture of Ven with nothing in the way for templating from?
    Sure, gimmie a minute, I'll make "Template Versions" of the above picture. I wouldn't worry too much about making a template for Ven's Avatar (the man in the cloak and hat). That will only show up if he puts himself on a screen or in a hologram.
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #289

Bleh, got about halfway done with the comic. Getting very strong suggestions to get off the computer and go to sleep (12:34am), so comic will be done tomorrow, hopefully in the morning.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Can I throw Ven off the ship to save him as my last move?
    It could be the reason my god didn't let me leave before and it could finally send me to the afterlife till the island kobolds raise me.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #291

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Anyways, we aren't shutting it down. We're making a sequel. Did Tolkein cease to write Middle Earth stories after he wrote the Hobbit? No, he just was doing the next one and didn't want an enormous book that would intimidate would-be readers.
    Yes, I'm still here.
    EDIT:/\ Tvor is, to my knowledge, more of an 'antihero' than a 'villain'. And FFF has been going on a while, all great comics have sequels. If we do FI and leave FFF, than we'll need to worry about leaving minor people like me and Keveak alive for the next plot, so that there isn't a big Plothole. This way is much easier. FFF is pretty much over anyways, the old villain from 'FFF I' is finally dead. If we don't do a new plot, Ins will be living in TS's shadow. We should do a new plot, because we have a new villain at last.
    Wasnt it the other was around ?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

I dont know where salmon is. But the shades have just begun to be shady. The big bad isn't dead. They've just become bigger and badder.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys, now that the ship is down, does that mean the anti-teleportation shield is down?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Hey guys, now that the ship is down, does that mean the anti-teleportation shield is down?
    The ship is damaged and stopped flying but I don't think the shades will let anyone go that easy. They chose what to damage themself so they probably let the Anti-teleportation stay.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    The ship is damaged and stopped flying but I don't think the shades will let anyone go that easy. They chose what to damage themself so they probably let the Anti-teleportation stay.
    The ship is under water, and is offline, therefor, shouldn't the teleportation shield be down too?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    The ship is under water, and is offline, therefor, shouldn't the teleportation shield be down too?
    1. Magic. It doesn't have to be connected to the ship.
    2. Why offline. The drow could check the system so there must be some energy left.
    3. I bet the plot shield is down so blow a hole somewhere and leave.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Why would there be a system in place to forbid folk from teleporting out?
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    If they get in they can't come out. How should they catch intruders if they just can dissapear.

EDIT: The powers of Argonath and Slayon are:
    Argonath: He is able to use a brief array of spells as a level 5 sorcerer/4 cleric plus a few of his own creation such as: Dragons flame (2nd level sor/wiz) creates a flame that lights 60ft and damaged all touching it exept those with the same dragonnic ancresty than him (duration: 2 rounds/caster level) and: Fang of silver (2nd level cleric) Increase his claw attack to 1d8+1 for a brief time period (duration 1 round/ caster level).

Slayon: 3rd level druid powers, mostly healing and entangle will be used plus a rage like version of the druid to animal thing that knocks him out for some hours afterwards and a few spells his master made: Rat ill (1st level druid) slows the enemy and slightly damage them. fortitute negates (duration 3 rounds), protecting swarm (2nd level druid) summons a swarm of flies or other small creatures to protect the caster (+2 AC DR 1 duration 2 rounds +1/ third caster level) and Plague (unknown level, ability) plague forces the enemy to make fortitue saves or gets very sick maybe dies or pass out (tyhis make Slayon go unconsious for 24 hour +1 hour/3 opponents hit).
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2008-12-21 at 06:21 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    1. Magic. It doesn't have to be connected to the ship.
    2. Why offline. The drow could check the system so there must be some energy left.
    3. I bet the plot shield is down so blow a hole somewhere and leave.
    But the magic wasn't part of the Threeshades, it was part of the ships system, so if it's offline, or in this case, underwater and most likely half destroyed, then the shield should be down too.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Technology and magic have a hard time each of telling whether a teleportation reading is In or Out, just that it's there. For that reason, it's more likely the system just stops teleportation cold, not just the inbound traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    I dont know where salmon is. But the shades have just begun to be shady. The big bad isn't dead. They've just become bigger and badder.
    Hoo-rah
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2008-12-21 at 06:10 AM.