New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    It's noncanon.

@Threeshades: Why did your character join the resistance ? It seems more logical to join the UNA so that she can have technobabble optical implants. Flesh out your character by providing an explanation.
    She almost got herself killed again (after just being resurrected) to free the world from governments like the UNA, and is glad to have been able to redeem for what she caused at least a bit. Something as measly as eye implants won't get her to go about and destroy all she made so many suffer for (including herself).
    Also she wouldn't get technobabble implants because she views her blindness as a part of her redemption.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-12-21 at 08:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

as I said before, Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to make my templets look nicer? I want them to look better ya know.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    as I said before, Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to make my templets look nicer? I want them to look better ya know.
    I'd say, reduce the body size or increase the head size a little. And make the mouths a little wider. Maybe moving the eyes just a tad, a nuance closer to each other.

Alright here is a little more complete version

Name: Threeshades/"Threedeemed"
    Race: Moon-Elf
    Class: Monk/Fighter/Swashbuckler/Swordsage

Backstory: In order to bring the Shades under control, Threeshades's soul had to be retrieved and bound to the material plane again. She was resurrected and turned on the Shades together with Almighty Salmon and Leroy. The battle cost her vast amounts of power. For years after the Shades were destroyed she was crippled but eventually could mostly be healed over time. Her eyesight was lost entirely and couldn't even be restored by the most powerful clerics, she refused artificial implants too, because she viewed her blindness as a part of the redemption she recieved when almost sacrificing herself in the fight. The demonic energies she absorbed in the battle warped her appearance permanently, though just to small grade.
    Unwilling to destroy all she had made so many people as well as herself suffer for Threeshades became an agent of the resistance after an intense training to fight blind.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-12-21 at 08:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #394

i'm working on them as we speak

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    She almost got herself killed again (after just being resurrected) to free the world from governments like the UNA, and is glad to have been able to redeem for what she caused at least a bit. Something as measly as eye implants won't get her to go about and destroy all she made so many suffer for (including herself).
    Also she wouldn't get technobabble implants because she views her blindness as a part of her redemption.
    Citizen, you are now accused of crimethink. You should know that it was the United Nations of Avbaroy that saved us all. They rebuilt Salmonville, Blauport, made aqueducts to supply us with fresh water, augmented our technology, restored Lockutas' climate, tamed Regen, the Underdark and the Harshrealm desert ! Do not ally yourself with the terrorists ! There is still chance of redemption.

@Megadoomer: use shading.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-21 at 08:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396

I'll do it. By the way, what opacity works well for it?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

@MadMask: Can we get an honest answer at why the Sovice are bad without a propaganda piece? Right now, I'm not seeing Well-Intentioned Extremist Knight Templars, but Designated Antagonists.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Citizen, you are now accused of crimethink. You should know that it was the United Nations of Avbaroy that saved us all. They rebuilt Salmonville, Blauport, made aqueducts to supply us with fresh water, augmented our technology, restored Lockutas' climate, tamed Regen, the Underdark and the Harshrealm desert ! Do not ally yourself with the terrorists ! There is still chance of redemption.

@Megadoomer: use shading.
    You won't get me with your propaganda, President Dr. John Henry Breen.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    @MadMask: Can we get an honest answer at why the Sovice are bad without a propaganda piece? Right now, I'm not seeing Well-Intentioned Extremist Knight Templars, but Designated Antagonists.
    Hum... I... In the future, Ins will kill thousands of people. So they will be evil in the future.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way I edited an earlier post with a more complete character sheet

11. - Top - End - #401

Hum... I... In the future, Ins will kill thousands of people. So they will be evil in the future.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2008-12-21 at 08:46 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, what?
    How long's this "Operation Time-out" meant to last?

13. - Top - End - #403

Okay here is the fruit of my inkscaping. Whadaya think?

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Wait, what?
    How long's this "Operation Time-out" meant to last?
    Forever. Alphantica will become a hideout for Resistance members in Future Imperfect.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-21 at 09:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

@MM I find your lack of explanation disturbing

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Forever. Alphantica will become a hideout for Resistance members in Future Imperfect.
    Huh. Must of missed the memo on that one.
    There are still a lot of problems with sinking an island though. Firstly, isn't there rocks holding it up? And how are they going to get enough sunlight to support the plantlife?
    Last edited by Keris; 2008-12-21 at 09:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. Must of missed the memo on that one.
    There are still a lot of problems with sinking an island though. Firstly, isn't there rocks holding it up? And how are they going to get enough sunlight to support the plantlife?
    Clerics. And wizards of course.

Nothing that can't be taken care of with sufficiently high level casters and a good variety of sourcebooks.

EDIT:
    Since no one is having any further objections regarding FI-Threeshades, I'll leave her the way she is now and with that retreat to my fluffy soft fortress of nocturnal comfort. Good night.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-12-21 at 09:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408

Finally...Doomer's shaded FI templet is complete.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, finally came up with a concept for FI:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyle De'Medomai
    [image to come]
    Lyle was born in the year 1517, in the country of Amarnea. Raised within a city, he was one of the privileged few who gained the insight of centuries of knowledge, and high levels of technology. When Amarnea joined the UNoA in 1526 Lyle vocally (for a child) supported the change, and began working for the new government at the age of 20, as soon as his culture allows.
    Lyle found employment in the United Nations Intelligence Agency (UNIA), helping track down resistance cells. By 1541 he has risen to a prominent rank within the Agency.
    However, Lyle secretly sympathises with the resistance. While he has held his rank the rate of success against the Resistance has remained fairly constant. Lyle made initial contact with the Resistance via a drop point, just a day before UNIA began surveillance of it. He current communicates with the Resistance via a Relay Unit in his home, and steers UNIA away from any major discoveries.

And because no-one knows anything about Armarnea: (seeing as I just made it up)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amarnea
    Amarnea was a seat of learning before the Cataclysm, huge libraries and universities dedicated to housing the collective knowledge of past generations. The cities of Amarnea, primarily the capital of Espes, were composed of slender towers and vast rotundas, carved out of white marble.
    After the Cataclysm, the people of Amarnea set to rebuilding their country. They were aided in this task by scraps of knowledge taken from the ruins of their cities, early civilisation centred on the ruins of Espes, which stored many books in underground vaults.
    Amarnea's technological state grew quickly from these scraps, and by the Age of Dragons they had technology approaching that of Modern Earth. From there the rate of technological increase slowed down, as all records of more advanced technologies were either destroyed by the Cataclysm, or are incomprehensible to the current population.
    Amarnea, despite their technology, is almost a Feudal society, with the majority of the population working to support those that live in the rebuilt cities. Each city has its own system of government, some use hereditary titles, others elect a council. However it is governed, cities are responsible for all decisions pertaining to the area around that city, and one official from each city holds a seat on the Council of Amarnea, which makes ruling over the entire country.
    Amarnea bowed quickly to Sildyu during the Age of Dragons, and served as a source of goods for the Moon Elf Empire, on the condition that the cities are left alone.
    During the expansion of the UNoA Amarnea once again submitted quickly to their rule, seeing the potential for growth.

20. - Top - End - #410

I like it

21. - Top - End - #411
    Banned

Sounds pretty good. I'll post my "mystery guy's" sheet as soon as he's revealed.
    Won't be able to do my escape comic til maybe sometime tomorrow. Gotta work on Christmas--whoops, I mean 'Boccobsmas' ()shopping.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And, Tarjia just got Rickrolled!
    I now know what happens every time the UNoA tries to trace Ven's location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #413

Indeed.

Apologies about the massive use of copy-paste.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

What about organizational map for baddies? Goodies seem to have one... And I would personally want to know where everyone are placed in importance scale. Makes it more logical for me to hunt them, as bounties are bigger when I know who are most wanted

25. - Top - End - #415
    Barbarian in the Playground

As we've got most stuff sorted for FI do you think it's about time we make comics.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    As we've got most stuff sorted for FI do you think it's about time we make comics.
    We're still working out logistics between FFF and FI

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Fi character application thingymabob

Name: Escaria
    Race: Felix Sapien (Fi has a severe lack )

Character powers: A heavy melee combatant, preferring close quarters combat to magic. (I'm thinking something with a bit of frenzied berserker thrown in)

Description: Stubborn and quick to anger, wears mostly normal clothing except for her plate boots, and a sword found on her travels.

Background: A wanderer, who was bent on exploring the world in it's entirety.
    Having lived in the wilderness and smaller villages for most of her life. She joined the resistance in order to rid the world of the Una's hold. Also viewing the Sovices as "unnatural" beings that do not belong on Avbaroy.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-22 at 05:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Also viewing the Sovices as "unnatural" beings that do not belong on Avbaroy.
    An entirely accurate assessment really

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, finally came up with a concept for FI:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyle De'Medomai
    [image to come]
    Lyle was born in the year 1517, in the country of Amarnea. Raised within a city, he was one of the privileged few who gained the insight of centuries of knowledge, and high levels of technology. When Amarnea joined the UNoA in 1526 Lyle vocally (for a child) supported the change, and began working for the new government at the age of 20, as soon as his culture allows.
    Lyle found employment in the United Nations Intelligence Agency (UNIA), helping track down resistance cells. By 1541 he has risen to a prominent rank within the Agency.
    However, Lyle secretly sympathises with the resistance. While he has held his rank the rate of success against the Resistance has remained fairly constant. Lyle made initial contact with the Resistance via a drop point, just a day before UNIA began surveillance of it. He current communicates with the Resistance via a Relay Unit in his home, and steers UNIA away from any major discoveries.

And because no-one knows anything about Armarnea: (seeing as I just made it up)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amarnea
    Amarnea was a seat of learning before the Cataclysm, huge libraries and universities dedicated to housing the collective knowledge of past generations. The cities of Amarnea, primarily the capital of Espes, were composed of slender towers and vast rotundas, carved out of white marble.
    After the Cataclysm, the people of Amarnea set to rebuilding their country. They were aided in this task by scraps of knowledge taken from the ruins of their cities, early civilisation centred on the ruins of Espes, which stored many books in underground vaults.
    Amarnea's technological state grew quickly from these scraps, and by the Age of Dragons they had technology approaching that of Modern Earth. From there the rate of technological increase slowed down, as all records of more advanced technologies were either destroyed by the Cataclysm, or are incomprehensible to the current population.
    Amarnea, despite their technology, is almost a Feudal society, with the majority of the population working to support those that live in the rebuilt cities. Each city has its own system of government, some use hereditary titles, others elect a council. However it is governed, cities are responsible for all decisions pertaining to the area around that city, and one official from each city holds a seat on the Council of Amarnea, which makes ruling over the entire country.
    Amarnea bowed quickly to Sildyu during the Age of Dragons, and served as a source of goods for the Moon Elf Empire, on the condition that the cities are left alone.
    During the expansion of the UNoA Amarnea once again submitted quickly to their rule, seeing the potential for growth.
    There are a few problems with that:

1. If Armarnea has Near-Modern technology, why didn't it spread throughout the world ? In the Middle Ages, all nations with advanced technology were conquered or raided, with their technology spread. If the Moon Elves conquered them, why didn't they take the technology and spread it ?
    2. The nations did not submit to "UNA rule", citizen. That's crimethink and you know it !

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ranger
    What about organizational map for baddies? Goodies seem to have one... And I would personally want to know where everyone are placed in importance scale. Makes it more logical for me to hunt them, as bounties are bigger when I know who are most wanted
    You've got my schematic here:

Just remember that the commanders of the Mobile Fronts aren't that important (except Chriky, who's the de facto second in command), but they answer directly (theoretically) to Igon Minoblendy.

I may make an organisational map for both the Resistance Terrorists and the United Nations of Avbaroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon
    An entirely unaccurate assessment really
    Fixed it for you.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

I've added a Future Imperfect page to the wiki. Personally I'd recommend putting pages underneath it's heading and then having a separate section in the character pages for them in 3F and for them FI, that saves on pages, saves on linking time, and keeps things clearly established.