New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I've added a Future Imperfect page to the wiki. Personally I'd recommend putting pages underneath it's heading and then having a separate section in the character pages for them in 3F and for them FI, that saves on pages, saves on linking time, and keeps things clearly established.
    What about characters who are in both plots, like Oliver ? I say it's better to put [FI] on the title rather than creating a subcategory.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

But then we could confuse people with the same character on multiple pages and linking the pages would get really tedious (Because we'd either need to redundantly put "[FI]" infront of the name or type it into the Link input)

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Mad Mask would it be okay for Argonath and Slayon to be high ranking messengers and spies. They have Dex bonuses, Argonath can fly and Slayons spells make enemies siock so they can avoid battle.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

But then we could confuse people with the same character on multiple pages and linking the pages would get really tedious (Because we'd either need to redundantly put "[FI]" infront of the name or type it into the Link input)
    I meant that each character has only one page, but we add [FFF and FI] to the title to prevent confusion. But still, it's not very useful. We can simply write "In Future Imperfect, [Insert Name Here] is...".

Quote Originally Posted by ABR Wiki
    Logo picture and blurb by Mad Mask, who evidently has far too much free time to be fair to us all
    Well, I'm a pre-teen with a £420 program, so free time is easy to get.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-22 at 08:07 AM.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

MM, is Klaus Schloss meant to have no arms?
    And your a pre-teen, as in 12?
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

eek Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Well, I'm a pre-teen with a £420 program, so free time is easy to get.
    Oookay. I'm not sure I belive that but neither that I don't. Wierd

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    His profile says 10. But his job should be Schoolgirl according to it so....
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2008-12-22 at 08:14 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Klaus hides his arms under his sleeves. And yes, I'm a pre-teen. Take a look at my profile. But mentally, I am more mature then the rascals of my age.

@Keveak: I don't think your characters are up to the job of high-ranking spies. Ven is the commander of the military intelligence, and your characters are better as low-ranking ones.

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Klaus hides his arms under his sleeves. And yes, I'm a pre-teen. Take a look at my profile. But mentally, I am more mature then the rascals of my age.
    That does make sense because I remember when you ariginally came into it and you were quite annoying whereas when you came back you were very mature, and most people mature at about 11 or 12.

But that's a bit of a blow for me, I always thought I was the youngest ABRer because i'm 13.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys, for this new plot thing, should I change the way my character looks, or would Death look the same as always?
    And one more thing, what would this new world look like?

EDIT: What does UNA stand for?
    Last edited by Nameless; 2008-12-22 at 08:23 AM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Hey guys, for this new plot thing, should I change the way my character looks, or would Death look the same as always?
    Death should look dishevelled, tired and have ragged clothes. Because he's always busy reaping the dead of the resistance.

UNA: United Nations of Avbaroy.
    Here, take a look at the wiki.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-22 at 08:24 AM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn you Mad Mask! You and your shading, and your expensive programs, and your youth...

There are a few problems with that:

1. If Armarnea has Near-Modern technology, why didn't it spread throughout the world ? In the Middle Ages, all nations with advanced technology were conquered or raided, with their technology spread. If the Moon Elves conquered them, why didn't they take the technology and spread it ?
    2. The nations did not submit to "UNA rule", citizen. That's crimethink and you know it !
    Knew there was something I missed out. Bear in mind that I wrote that at almost 3AM, so there were bound to be some mistakes. I plan to have a revised version up later today, along with some images.

I also plan on making more characters, because in FI Anyone Can Die. Need to have some PCs killed, the Resistance is struggling here.

EDIT: @^^ United Nations of Avbaroy. Founded by the Sovices. And FI is just set in Avbaroy, just 15 years on.
    (Damn ninja...)
    Last edited by Keris; 2008-12-22 at 08:25 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

@Keveak: I don't think your characters are up to the job of high-ranking spies. Ven is the commander of the military intelligence, and your characters are better as low-ranking ones.
    Okay just a thought.

Anyway this makes me the third youngest person here right? If so then: YAY I'm quasi-something.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Death should look dishevelled, tired and have ragged clothes. Because he's always busy reaping the dead of the resistance.

UNA: United Nations of Avbaroy.
    Here, take a look at the wiki.
    Thanks. And what will this new world look like?

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Okay just a thought.

Anyway this makes me the third youngest person here right? If so then: YAY I'm quasi-something.
    Dream on, Oldy. <Is also 13 (and 1 month, to be precise)>
    Trophy(/ies)
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks. And what will this new world look like?
    The map is the same, except for Alphantica, who disappeared beneath the waves, and the artificial islands built by the Sovice. The world is much happier, but the resistance is currently failing.

The technology level is approximately that of the Industrial Revolution, with trains and steam machines (from Lockutas), but it is rapidly advancing with the help of the Sovice.

EDIT: ^I hope you study Quantum Physics in your free time, because if you do not I will stop trusting you.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2010-04-11 at 02:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436

I'm 13 and 10 months so i've been pushed down again.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Lavidor View Post
    Dream on, Oldy. <Is also 13 (and 1 month, to be precise)>
    I'm 14 so if I'm oldy YOU will be it very soon. Still fourth youngest is still quasi.

@Mad Mask: They will be spies anyway. Their disguise is (by using a cloak and some plant stuff as arms) an lizardman the UNA think works for them in the streets (not an important position but they can get some information)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

@Mad Mask: They will be spies anyway. Their disguise is (by using a cloak and some plant stuff as arms) an lizardman the UNA think works for them in the streets (not an important position but they can get some information)
    Why do they have to masquerade as lizard men ? They already look like anthropomorphic saurians.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-22 at 08:46 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

frown Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

EDIT: ^I hope you study Quantum Physics in your free time, because if you do not I will stop trusting you.
    Sigh, I have 130 IQ (lowest limit for Mensa), I tought I was smart but now I gets outsmarted by a 10 year old *snif*

Why do they have to disguise themselves as lizard men ? They already look like anthropomorphic saurians.
    1. Argonath looks very un-normal.
    2. They do other missions without disguises so it helps if the enemy don't notice them in disguises.
    3. They disguise as ONE lizard-man (standing on each other)
    4. They aren't very old so the enemy won't take them serious else
    5. They can disguise as a lizard-man and needed a disguise.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2008-12-22 at 08:49 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

The map is the same, except for Alphantica, who disappeared beneath the waves, and the artificial islands (please don't steal this, I took a concept from one of my novels) built by the Sovice. The world is much happier, but the resistance is currently failing.

The technology level is approximately that of the Industrial Revolution, with trains and steam machines (from Lockutas), but it is rapidly advancing with the help of the Sovice.

Wait, I'm not following, if everything is better, then why are we still resisting?

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, I'm not following, if everything is better, then why are we still resisting?
    Congratulations citizen, you are now on the path to goodthink. If you are ready, you can go to the nearest Sovice Center and prepare for your transformation into Sovice blocks, so that you can better help your nation.

Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-22 at 08:59 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Congratulations citizen, you are now on the path to goodthink. If you are ready, you can go to the nearest Sovice Center and prepare for your transformation into Sovice blocks, so that you can better help your nation.
    Due to his job death can't belong to a nation, if he did god would give his powers to another person. Did you belive you could get controll of death that easy.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

We're resisting because the Sovices are using Avbaroy for ulterior motives, the fact that Ins is a Holy Sovice Militia supporter should let you know precisely what motives.

Worse yet, if they corrupt everyone on the planet, the New Sovice Empire will probably reconsider glassing it. So either way, they've gotta go.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

We're resisting because the Sovices are using Avbaroy for ulterior motives, the fact that Ins is a Holy Sovice Militia supporter should let you know precisely what motives.

Worse yet, if they corrupt everyone on the planet, the New Sovice Empire will probably reconsider glassing it. So either way, they've gotta go.
    And I'm sure Igon's daughter would support killing everyone on the planet, including her father. For The Greater Good, eh ?

EDIT: What exactly are Ins' "ulterior motives". I think I've got a fairly good idea, but I want to verify my hypothesis. If you do not desire this to be common knowledge, you can always send me a PM.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-22 at 09:09 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

And I'm sure Igon's daughter would support killing everyone on the planet, including her father. For The Greater Good, eh ?
    I never said there wouldn't be a rescue attempt or fifty.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Nearly all non-Sovice members of the UNA are innocent and have no idea that the Sovice are using them. They think the Holy Sovice Militia is helping them in good faith. And removing the Sovice would be cruel to them, for they are utterly dependent on them. (Just As Planned)
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-22 at 09:13 AM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Race: Felix Sapien (Fi has a severe lack )
    Nomenclature! Raaaaaage!
    I can only reluctantly believe that. Considering, though, I've only really had access to the internet at large for about four years. Throughout those years I went from 'noob' to '1337' to normal to elitist in a remarkably short period of time. I blame my friend for the last bit.

Still, writing good, coherent stuff at your age? With your level of maturity? Not to mention your art... I am simultaneously insanely jealous and extremely unsettled. It's certainly not helping my inferiority complex.*Get tested for some form of savantry.
    *NOTE: Not actual. Used for dramatic effect. Mostly.
    most people mature at about 11 or 12.
    My past self wants to know where you live so he can move there. My year didn't mature until sixteen.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

, and most people mature at about 11 or 12.
    I'm still not mature.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post

Still, writing good, coherent stuff at your age? With your level of maturity? Not to mention your art... I am simultaneously insanely jealous and extremely unsettled. It's certainly not helping my inferiority complex.
    Yeah same for me (I think). Why is the one who is smarter always younger! (Since the brain ends evolving at age 22, it doesn't make sense).

Hmm or maybe he's just good at this stuff but not much else (Technically since I have Asberger I should concentrate even more on one thing and suck at anything else, I just won't)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Nomenclature! Raaaaaage!
    I am not at odds with the use of "Felix" in a non-scientific medium, given the general level of scientific illiteracy in this generation. What frustrates me is the use of the term "race". I find it everywhere in fantasy. People, "race", when used to describe the other ethnicities of the homo s. sapiens or other species, is an obsolete term !

Still, writing good, coherent stuff at your age? With your level of maturity? Not to mention your art... I am simultaneously insanely jealous and extremely unsettled. It's certainly not helping my inferiority complex.
    My first "novel", written at the age of 7 and comprising 250+ pages, was a horrible pile of nonsensical garbage for which I was wrongly praised for, like many other amateur writers. Luckily, I have improved my writing skills and you can now actually comprehend what I write.

Hmm or maybe he's just good at this stuff but not much else (Technically since I have Asberger I should concentrate even more on one thing and suck at anything else, I just won't)
    I am actually good at nearly everything (except some sports which I dislike).
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-22 at 09:38 AM.