New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Hold the phone! I'm working on a comic right now, trying to word it correctly.
    Peace, peace~

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    I guess I will.

Still, I don't know if your comic will be canon, unless you explain it.
    Im not sure if it should be canon. We have to get out of the town first.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    I think we can forgive the background in his comic. We all could've been still indise the comic, around a park or something. I see no reason to make it non-canon because of that.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    In that case, I need to change my comic completely around.

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    I think we can forgive the background in his comic. We all could've been still indise the comic, around a park or something. I see no reason to make it non-canon because of that.
    Fine, fine, let me change it again.
    Last edited by Omega; 2008-12-26 at 04:17 PM.
    Peace, peace~

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

I have thought to add somone to FI to act as GR:s partner in Resistance-hunting and bounty hunter buisness. I will present finished description with picture tomorrow or day after that, if my timetable holds

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Lying, why is Igon and Salmon on the Island, and why is it day time? We're supposed to be swimming in the sun set.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Lying, why is Igon and Salmon on the Island, and why is it day time? We're supposed to be swimming in the sun set.
    So assume it took place before your comic.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

Blast, is that Greatwise ? I thought he was dead !

@Nameless: it's dawn. Look at my comic where the Vendetta crashed into the sea. If so much time really passed, it would mess up all of the Invasion of Alphantica story arc.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post

@Nameless: it's dawn. Look at my comic where the Vendetta crashed into the sea. If so much time really passed, it would mess up all of the Invasion of Alphantica story arc.
    And if you look at my last comic, you would notice a few days have past.
    Also, I'm trying to set up an awesome scene here for the final battle.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2008-12-26 at 06:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

And if you look at my last comic, you would notice a few days have past.
    Also, I'm trying to set up an awesome scene here for the final battle.
    O.K. But after that, don't come to Alphantica. It's now floating beneath the sea, invisible.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

O.K. But after that, don't come to Alphantica. It's now floating beneath the sea, invisible.
    Indeed.

Actually, that would be interesting. Salmon & co. could arrive where Alphantica once was and go "WTF? What happened to Alphantica?"

Of course, that means that Kpen won't be able to say goodbye to anyone.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Bugbear in the Playground

okay if were underwater...what are sharnin's soldiers supposed to do.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    okay if were underwater...what are sharnin's soldiers supposed to do.
    That's why the hole "days later" doesn't work very well. We should finish the Invasion of Alphantica story arc before saying "days later". It would be better if Nameless edited his comic.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

That's why the hole "days later" doesn't work very well. We should finish the Invasion of Alphantica story arc before saying "days later". It would be better if Nameless edited his comic.
    Fine, a few HOURS later then... hours... I'll edit it tomorow.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Well We could do a remembering comic. It shows what happened.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Indeed.

Actually, that would be interesting. Salmon & co. could arrive where Alphantica once was and go "WTF? What happened to Alphantica?"

Of course, that means that Kpen won't be able to say goodbye to anyone.
    I'm glad I stopped watching Lost around the third season because otherwise that would be really referential.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

Whats with the avi Lying?
    You rarely change it.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Troll in the Playground

Whats with the avi Lying?
    You rarely change it.
    Probably the Christmas Guest Avatar. I got one too.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ettin in the Playground

Strictly speaking, he is.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Banned

Finally managed to figure out a basic template that I can stand.
    Will get to work on a comic shortly.

21. - Top - End - #1311

Working on a nameless templet.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Alright, let me get this straight:

The ONLY reason for a rational, good person to oppose the UNA is because they know that Ins and the Sovice have some ulterior motives. Given that knowledge of the Sovice and what exactly they are seem to limited only to Lying, his crew, and anyone he tells, it seems to me that everyone who doesn't trust or know Lying should be on the UNA's side.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Troll in the Playground

Q knows "everything" (most things), so he knows that Ins is no good. That's why he's on Lying's side.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Firbolg in the Playground

Seems like it.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

25. - Top - End - #1315

and besides kpenguin. Why can't we just let the people who are on the resistance be in the resistance. It is at some point their choice.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Troll in the Playground

and besides kpenguin. Why can't we just let the people who are on the resistance be in the resistance. It is at some point their choice.
    Yes, but it makes no sense. Except for me, because the Qs have a good reason.

KP was just pointing out how people shouldn't oppose the enemy because there is no reason to do so. He makes sense. His point is valid.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-12-26 at 09:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Alright, let me get this straight:

The ONLY reason for a rational, good person to oppose the UNA is because they know that Ins and the Sovice have some ulterior motives. Given that knowledge of the Sovice and what exactly they are seem to limited only to Lying, his crew, and anyone he tells, it seems to me that everyone who doesn't trust or know Lying should be on the UNA's side.
    Unfortunately, yes. I am working on another couple of character who have a legitimate reason to rebel against the UNA though.

But first, I finished my designs of Lyle:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyle

Lyle De’Medomai was born in the city of Espes in the year 1517 to a wealthy family. His childhood passed mainly without incident, Lyle showed excellent progress in school, and looked set to continue in the traditions of his family.
    However, when Amarnea joined the UNA, old Lyle saw his life shifting away from the comfortable routine set out by his ancestors. He was overjoyed at the possibility of leaving Espes, and meeting Elves, Landfish and Sovices, his childish enthusiasm driving along a path the lead him to seek employment within the UNA after leaving school, aged 20.
    Lyle joined the United Nations Intelligence Agency, and set to his new job with methodical efficiency, slowly moving up the ladder of progress. In the FI plotline, 4 years later, Lyle enjoys a position where he is allowed a great degree of freedom in his mission choices, and can request the services of several squads of UNA peacekeepers, and a number of freelance Mercenaries employed by the UNA.
    Lyle is not as clean cut as he first seems, however. He made contact with the Resistance via a drop point that had been identified by UNIA, but before surveillance had begun. Lyle warned the Resistance of the discovery of this drop point, and advised them on possible courses of action to avoid new systems he was helping put in place to locate them.
    Lyle leads something of a double life; he presents a dutiful front to his co-workers, but in his quarters relays information to the Resistance through the communications equipment of a Relay Detta. How long he can keep up this act remains to be seen.

And I've updated the information on Amarnea:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amarnea

Before the events of the Great Cataclysm, Amarnea was a seat of learning and wisdom. Huge libraries and sprawling universities held the collective knowledge of the past. The cities of Amarnea were composed of slender towers and vast rotundas, built out of local white marble, stretching up to the sky, and deep underground. These underground vaults were Amarnea’s greatest asset, although they didn’t know it.
    During the Cataclysm, Amarnea was levelled to the ground, the only people surviving were those who dwelt far into the country or lived and worked below ground. Many below the cities were trapped, the doors blocked by the ruins of the city above.
    Civilisation gradually returned to Amarnea, slowly at first, until someone discovered an entrance to the vaults under the city of Espes, and deciphered the texts stored within. With this discovery of the knowledge of the past, people were able to recreate lost technology, and rebuild their country.
    Unfortunately for the majority of Amarneans, those who found lost technology hoarded it greedily, and instead helping rebuilt Amarnea, they built societies where they held absolute control. Over the years the population divided itself into two segments, those who lived in the rebuilt cities, and those who didn’t. Those who did were recreating technology at an astounding rate, by the Age of Dragons had replicated technology approaching the level of Modern Earth. Events could have spiralled into a future where Amarnea controlled most of Avbaroy, if it the Institute of Transport had not been located in the coastal city of Siberis, and hence was lost to the waves during the Cataclysm. Siberis has been a favourite destination for treasure hunters in Amarnea’s past, the one city left unplundered.
    Amarnea fell quickly during the Age of Dragons, terrified of losing their technology it quickly surrendered to the Dragon Throne, and negotiated terms that Amarnea would provide Sildyu with resources and manpower, provided she never assault the nation itself. This lead to Amarnea being mostly ignored by the Empire, a state the city dwellers were happy with.
    Amarnea became a xenophobic nation, their closest neighbours being the beasts of Regen and Lockutas, which became a frozen wasteland 500 years ago. The Moon Elf empire did little to help this state, and Amarnea avoided all contact with other nations until the rise of the United Nations of Avbaroy.
    Amarnea, still wary after the Age of Dragons, quickly joined the United Nations of Avbaroy, but had their preconceptions shattered. Instead another Empire, the UNA seemed genuinely benevolent, and Amarnea found itself in full support of the UNA’s efforts.

If your wondering, it took me so long because I got lost. I took a wrong turn at TVtropes, and ended up in 4chan. Took me a while to get out of there.

Now, unless I've made any glaring errors, I'll add it to the Wiki.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Troll in the Playground

I think I'll make a UNA character. Maybe I'll make my SDSB characters part of UNA... Maybe I'll bring Bortak in it somehow....

*thinks*
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-12-26 at 09:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1319

never Q

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

never Q
    Explain.
    Spoiler
    Show