New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Someone should make a list of all the characters so far in FI.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

If anyone cares, I've finished a few templates.

Spoiler
    Show

Calamity

Probably my best. I had to make a few artistic changes, though.

Lying

I actually like this one.

Red-Shirt Q

Red's a little dark.

Megadoomer

Hair-colour's a little unnatural.

Green-Shirt Q

Don't like how the hair turned out. EDITED IT.

Randomizer

Pretty much hate everything about this one.

Mad-Mask

Didn't take long, looks half-way decent I suppose. Don't like the quiffs.

KPenguin

Nothing to say about this one.

Tired N' Drowzy

I really hate using grey, I usually just substitute with black. Just noted the similarity of my last sentence to my avatar's personality.

Ins

Should I have used the same facial hair as Lying?

More tomorrow, maybe.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2008-12-20 at 05:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm fine with adding more grit and substance to the plot. I'm also fine with making it a little more darker. However, ABR and its plots must remain, at its core, light-hearted. I want FI to be like Empire Strikes Back, not Warhammer 40k.
    Yay, someone agrees with me!
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

4. - Top - End - #244

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Kashu is the capital of Tajira, a country that was pro-Sovice before the United Nations of Avbaroy. I think you meant Surport. And the UNA didn't "take over" Pericle or any nation; they accepted to join the coalition.
    Oh you and your silly politics
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-12-20 at 03:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    Yay, someone agrees with me!
    *looks back at the posts*

Ah, I see you said something very similar.

Now we are two.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

@Mechafox: I agree too. I didn't want to make the setting look like something GRIMDARK, but more like Half-Life 2 or Star Wars V.

@Troll: Ins should have the same facial hair as Igon Minoblendy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    Oh you and your silly politics
    The United Nations of Avbaroy is an international organisation founded on the principles of peace and justice ! It is not a totalitarian government ! It's not even a real government ! Now go listen to some classical music while we defend you against terrorists, monsters and moon elves.

V: Why are you asking my permission ? Do whatever you wish.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-20 at 04:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

^ cause it seems like your the god of this FI thing? I dunno

Mask can I PLEASE just use my wiki page? I really don't want to make something else.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2008-12-20 at 04:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

So who are the known villains? Ins is. But we need more memorable villains. I'm thinking that Antoine (Jakob's dad and Oliver's son-in-law) would be a villain, and he would often fight with Oliver and his son.
    Well, in my character doesn't exactly have good intentions even in the current FFF plotline. I'm still undecided on the role he'll have in FI though.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

9. - Top - End - #249

Wait, are we using the voting system or the automatically in system?

If we're using the voting system, I'll start compiling applications soon, and I'll put them all in one post in sorted spoilers.

I'll also help tally votes.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think we're saying everyone ones automatically in but if they god mod they're banned.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Question, in IF, is Schitzotech independant, or was it "Liberated from a tolitarian government whose policies were holding the nation back and threatening global stability"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    "Liberated from a tolitarian government whose policies were holding the nation back and threatening global stability"
    That, after 4 invasion attempts. Here is a brief summary:

The Four Invasions of Schizotec

The First Invasion
    After several negotiations failures (one of which resulted in the death of Ambassador Nobel of Salmonville) and an attack on peace ships cruising near the island, the Main Assembly of the United Nations of Avbaroy decided to issue an invasion of Schizotec. Spearheaded by RTS Harmony, it lasted only a hour before the ship was destroyed by Schizian aircraft.

The Second Invasion
    Shortly after the first attempt, it was recognised that Schizotec was a nation like no other. This time, a fleet composed of six battleships and an aircraft carrier was sent to Schizotec. After a short battle, the fleet was all but destroyed.

The Third Invasion
    The Ministry of Peace admitted that it was impossible for the navy to breach through Schizotec's defences. A heavily armed tactical air force was sent to destroy coastal fortifications, followed by the landing of armoured vehicles. This attempt was met with limited success and resulted in a draw.

The Fourth Invasion
    By now Schizotec was deemed eligible for an invasion by the Sovice themselves. The island-country was finally conquered on the eve of 1532, although the population constantly rebels.

13. - Top - End - #253

Threeshades just said, "To the ocean!"
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

The Qs' FI profile:

Spoiler
    Show

The Qs

Left to right: Q and Q

Q
    Race: Sub-Q (was once a Q, but almost all of his powers have been taken away by the sovices somehow to the point he is almost exactly like a human)
    Powers and abilities: First level wizard spells, 45th level water Poke-mon moves, several guns, motorcycle skills, A LOT of knowlage
    Backstory: Was once a Q from the Q continuum, has had many unfortunate incidents where he lost his powers one way or another and been on adventures. He has gained many abilities on these adventures, like his wizard spells and his Poke-mon moves. He is now in the longest lack of power phase yet, and has been powerless for 13 years. He has grown to except powerlessness, and has grown to get along with mortals alright. He is secretly a cowerd, and forges friendships to protect himself. He is no longer bound to his chaperone, Q, yet likes to have him around because he likes both being protected and protecting Q. He secretly cares for Q like a protective father. He has a useful screwdriver gun he got from Uncle Szilard in Plot 3.

He is now part of the resistance to take down the Sovices and finally get his powers back. He hangs out with who he considers one of his closest friends, Oliver and his son Jakob, who (if Shades of Gray allows) has become Q's "apprentice", who he taught how to drive a motorcycle.

Q
    Race: Sub-Q
    Powers and Abilites: 18th level monk abilites, 75 level electric Poke-mon moves, martial arts skills, medical skills, cooking skills, "tag-team" attacks,
    Backstory: He has always accompanied Q (see above) and tries to keep him out of trouble, which usually fails. He is a kind-hearted soul, but being stuck on Avbaroy for 13 years and witness the Sovice attack has made optimism a lot more difficult for him. He has joined the resistance, and provides medical care to Oliver and Q's team.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-12-20 at 10:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Making a Fat Fish Fury comic. Please don't do anything related to the Vendetta.

16. - Top - End - #256

Here's my Q templates:

17. - Top - End - #257

Here is my FI profile

Spoiler
    Show

Doomer

Race: Human

Powers and abilities: A high level Dusk Blade of the Sharnin army. He has skill in almost every branch of magic. He is the only person who can enter and leave the demi plane that houses his nation. He wields a dagger and a sword.

Backstory: He is a soldier of the Republic of Sharnin army. The entire nation has retreated into a demi plane that He and two others helped create. During the spell they set a condition stating that only He could bring people to the demi plane. The civilians went through first with the remaining 300 members of the army. The rest were wounded or killed and removed from service and are now members of the civilian population. ( The bulk of the wounded and killed were from the battle of alphantica.) He is now a member of the resistance and friends with most of the members.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2008-12-20 at 10:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Here's my Q templates:
    Very good, but Green-shirt Q must be a lot taller then Q.

Also, they may not actually be the final new design for Qs' FI apperence.

(Also, do you agree to my idea of Q mentoring Jakob Like I had suggested in the bios?)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259

Anyways what do you think of the way doomer is gonna look?

20. - Top - End - #260

For Q: Sure. I'll make GSQ a bit taller.

For Doomer: Needs to look more ragged.

21. - Top - End - #261

How do i make the curves on sleeves and on the robe look rougher without messing up the shape? I saw lying do that with igons robe in remember but I cant figure out how he did it.

22. - Top - End - #262

Well, do you mean like the bottom of Jakob's jacket and Shirt here:

You just add a buncha nodes between the two nodes on the bottom of the shirt/whatever. Then, you move the nodes, alternating, up and down, at different lengths.

23. - Top - End - #263

No I meant like this :http://www.remembercomic.co.uk/ look at igon's robe

24. - Top - End - #264

Pretty much the same technique, but more random and less large.

25. - Top - End - #265

Yeah, just ups and downs. Alternately, all same height, then make concave down curves.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Alternatively, you can use the Wrinkle Tool (or its Inkscape equivalent). It takes a little practice to get used to it, however.

27. - Top - End - #267

* looks at comic *

AWW DANGIT!!!!

28. - Top - End - #268

Hmmm... This is gonna be annoying. Did TS just turn the power off? If so, would Ven go offline, or would he work and try to control the ship.

29. - Top - End - #269

If I read the comic right, the shades just severely weakened the hull of the ship and the stuff that was keeping it up lost power. Ven would still be working as he/it wouldn't be without a backup power system or two not connected to the main system.

Edit; I'm going to make a comic but... are we going to leave Ven in the Vendetta or are we going to get the engineering section off the ship?
    Last edited by memnarch; 2008-12-20 at 10:45 PM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

30. - Top - End - #270

Good, I have an idea. Unfortunately, I am not around for the next week *points at sig* so It's gonna be moot, and don't wanna restrict you guys to not making comics. If anyone is in the rescue Ven Arc, just storm the room. The Dwarf will run away, cursing, claiming that they will "RUE THE DAY THEY MESSED WITH _____!". Ven then detachs part of the vendetta (the part they are in) as a lifeboat, and we head towards land. The Ven group separated from the rest of the good guys, a good place to end FFF for the Ven rescuers.