New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Space Opera: A cruise to Remember (IC)

After hearing Romow speak, Bianca simply looks at James and begins uncontrollably laughing. Her eyes begin to water and her sides begin to ache. A few moments pass, and Bianca regains her composure.

"Sorry...I was just thinking about something completely unrelated. Yes, I'm sure Forerunner artifacts pack quite a whollop. Probably can do dreadful things to man, isn't that right, James?"
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why that Bi**ch I'll-"

"Do nothing, your in my head"

"Yes Bianca" James's eyes narrow at his friend "I have heard rumours of side effects"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Llyrid

Llyrid grins at James. "Actually, I'd like to take a look at that as well - I love to solve puzzles, if that's your problem." She turns to the scruffy mechanic. "Of course, that's always the way, isn't it? Tales of Foreruner technology that can break minds carelessly and turn normal men into maniac, megalomaniac madmen - but there's also the time-travel technology, the genetic manipulation that gives men thirteen lives, stuff beyond man's ken. When you're dealing with the Forerunners, anything could happen..."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Raz

Spoiler
    Show
    You forgot the Lightsabers and the Zero point energy modules, both of which have been found at multiple locations....
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

James looks away from Bianca to look apologetically at Llyrid "I only had one extra copy, but I will be glad to give you a copy on the ship once I get it done"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Tamro

A tall man dressed in a Star Force uniform walks by the small group. Short, dark brown fur that's begun to grizzle covers his body. His long tail swings back and forth casually. As he hears mention of the Forerunners, his ears perk up and he strays over towards the small group. He speaks in a deep baritone. "Excuse me, did I hear someone mention a Forerunner artifact? One of you actually has one?" He sounds genuinely excited by the idea.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry I took so long to get involved. Been very busy. Anyone with the knowledge will recognize the insignia for an Engineer, 2nd class on his uniform. So somewhere between a captain and a commander.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

David Hardin

We are late, Sputnik, LATE. You were supposed to remind me of the cruise, weren't you?

I did, sir. You gave me a specific order not to remind you again. I recorded it just in case this would come up, as it did.

*** Please, Sputnik, just don't bother me for a while, oK? ***

I swear, I would tear you to pieces for following my orders so strictly.

David storms into the passengers lounge, and is relieved to see that they were not done boarding yet.

He addressed the person closest to him (anyone can take on this)

Excuse me, are the MP passengers boarding already?
    Nothing to see here, move along.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No sir, stranger, I think just LP class just got--

Waitaminutewaitamintue...Wait. A. Minute.

Is that a AutoMek 358K High-line Model B?! I didn't think they still made these! Where in the high heavens did you ever find a model like this one?!

Actually, I could just ask it, couldn't I? Where'd you come from, 358?"
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

James looks startled and replies slowly "err, yes I do have one"

"I knew this would happen the minute you mentioned it!"

At Bianca's words James smiles "Bianca, leave the fancy robot alone, what have I told you about bothering people?"

- SurlySeraph

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Tamro

Tamro turns to face James, smiling widely. "Really? Might I see it some time during the voyage? I've always been fascinated by the Forerunners; always wondered if I could reverse-engineer one perhaps." He extends his hand. "Tamro Lerris, Engineer 2nd class, Star Force. A pleasure."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Awww, James, come on, I'm not bothering anyone! I think. But this is a High Line Model B!! They haven't been in commission for something like...20 years! And the Cs and Ds they replaced them with are garbage! This is one of the top examples of Mek technology at it's finest! Can't I just....

Oh, I know you're right..."
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-12-21 at 10:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin3.1415 View Post
    "No sir, stranger, I think just LP class just got--

Waitaminutewaitamintue...Wait. A. Minute.

Is that a AutoMek 358K High-line Model B?! I didn't think they still made these! Where in the high heavens did you ever find a model like this one?!

Actually, I could just ask it, couldn't I? Where'd you come from, 358?"
    Permission to answer.

Granted.

I have been made operational for the first time 23 year, 150 days, 5 hours and 7 minutes ago. I've been out of operation for some years until Engineer Hardin purchased me and fixed me, and I have been operational ever since, that was 8 years, 20 days, 6 hours and 30 minutes ago.

Precisse, isn't it? My name is David Hardin, and the Mek answers to the name of Sputnik.

He extends his hand to Bianca.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bianca firmly shakes David's hand, and does not let go for an oddly long amount of time.

"Oh, Mr. Hardin, Bianca's my name and let. Me. Tell. You that you have a fantastic taste when it comes to meks! What exactly do you do, Mr. Hardin?"

Without waiting for an answer, she quickly turns to Sputnik.

"Sputnik, huh? What're some of your programmed functions, there, Sputnik? Do you run the basic hard-line interfaces or do you have custom mechanical programing for a specific field?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

James simply shakes his head knowingly , knowing she simply can't help herself. Turning his full attention to the new man he extends his hand.

"Dr. James Rollins, good to meet you Tamro" He fidgets then sighs "I'm sorry, but due to reasons I am not at liberty to discuss, I cannot let you examine that particular artifact...though I do have several more, though understandably not a lot are Forerunner"

- SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

About this time, another announcement blared:

Attention all Patrons! Would all MP ticket holders please report to gate 47-c for boarding. I repeat, would all MP ticket holders please report to gate 47-c for boarding.

16. - Top - End - #106

I am programmed to do maintenance and repairs in the mechanical and electrical fields, and interact with humans in regards to those things. Aditionally, Mr. Hadin has added a few functionalities to my sistem, such as date keeping, reminders, voice recording and increased my interacting capabilities to reflect that.

I'm an electromechanical engineer, and my job, up to a month ago, was the maintenance and repair of an Independent Starship. It was a Streamliner model 412, and if you know your mechanics as you seem to, you'd know keeping those things up in the air is a full time job.

I am now retired, and intend to go back home to Sulustia after this cruise is over.

Perhaps you can tell me about yourself while we board. Or are you staying in the high end facilities?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Full time job? Pah...you must've been married to the thing...I can see why you'd need such a good mek to help you out. 412's look flashy, and Streamliner knew that's a good way to sell boats, but there are just so many problems with the internals...

But you said you're an independent, huh? Well, that's another thing we have in common it seems.

And yes, James has sprung for the swanky rooms, but I'll be sure to stop by to see Sputnik........and yourself, of course...."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

James's ears perked up at her last comment and turned 'Excuse me sir" he said politely "Didn't you say that you were MP? Well they are boarding now"

- SurlySeraph

19. - Top - End - #109

Yes, I did. I'll see you both inside then. It's been a pleasure.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

James nods "Yes, indeed"

- SurlySeraph

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Romow

Standing and grabbing his duffel at the announcement he turns to the doctor. See? That's what you get for even mentioning the word Forerunner, he says smirking as he starts walking toward gate 47-c.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

James sighs and gives Rorrow a mock salute "See you on board"

- SurlySeraph

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bianca sighs and waves to those headed off to their cabins.

"Bye Sputnik! See you onboard later!"

With a huff, she turns back to her belongings and pulls out another cigar, and lights it in anticipation for a long wait.

"Jeez, you'd think when we're first class, they would let us on first. I'm getting a little planetsick, I think. Sooner we're on the move, the better.

Do you think I should shower when we get on-board, or do I look alright?"
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-12-22 at 12:39 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

With the announcement, the middle-aged man in a green shirt gets up from the suitcase he has been sitting on and proceeds to gate 47-c. Finally.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I don't know about you" james smorks "But I want to be clean, I rarely get the chance in my line of work."

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Llyrid

When she hears the announcement, Llyrid leaps up and grabs her backpack. She pauses only to shake James's hand, "See you on board!" and then she's off to board the vessel.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Shortly after the MP passengers are called, those remaining in the lounge hear:

Attention all remaining passengers! Will all HP ticket holders p lease report to Gate #1 for boarding! I repeat, all HP ticket holders to Gate#1

Those with MP tickets (Spoilered for space)
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you arrive at the specified gate,a somewhat bored looking agent collects your tickets and checks your ID. You are then ushered into a boarding tube which leads to deck number 3. Once there, you are treated to a short holotape on shipboard safety rules, as well as regulations. Once that finishes, you are shown to your cabins, where or some reason you are given a small bag of peanuts.

Your cabin:A double occupancy cabin with good cuisine and steward service, but not up to High Passage standards. The cabin is similar to the High Passage
    cabin in having both a day and night configuration. The two beds fold down to become comfortable couches, with storage under these couches,
    lockable by key. There is also a small foldable table and fold-out washing facilities, though passengers must use communal freshers. Note also
    that the Middle Passage cabin does not include the entertainment facilities (holotank, etc.) found in High Passage.

Those with HP tickets: (likewise spoilered for space)
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you reach gate number one, you are greeted by cheerful, happy seeming, smiling people. They greet each of you by name, and welcome you aboard the Glorious Day. You are shown to your cabin, where your guide gives you the short orientation message everyone on board the ship has to get. When they finish, they give you a small fruit basket.

Your cabin:The High Passage Cabin represents a fairly roomy and sumptuous living area with excellent steward service and the finest cuisine available.
    It is shown in both day and night configurations. The bed folds into a raised platform with a luxurious couch and fold-down wet bar. The
    cabin includes a three dimensional holotank for entertainment, a two dimensional screen with access to the ship computer for library or business
    data (for travelling execs), and a private fresher with a shower. There is also full luggage space for personal baggage. The desk includes a
    recreational computer and folds down to lock, only opening to the proper fingerprints.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-22 at 08:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Well, Sputnik, here we are. Were you able to record the ship's map from the holotape?

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess Krrth should answer this one for Sputnik.

Also, does David see his roommate?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Llyrid

After waiting for an indeterminable time in the MP tickets line, Llyrid got through and rushed up to her room, putting her backpack beneath her bed and beginning to sort out her belongings, putting her uniforms and clothing in a small closet.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Sputnik

Yes Sir. I can also pull whatever information you need about the ship's specs as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    You don't see a room mate. A quick check of the records shows that you are by yourself until the next stop.