New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Crystal Legacy Chapter 1

Ack. How about, y'know, some actual dierolls, instead of the messed-up vBCode that results from trying to preview dieroll-containing posts?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iota's Clr 0 recharge: (1d6+1)[7]
    Sable's Bite attack: (1d20+4)[15]
    Bite damage: (1d6+2)[8]
    Trip (if Bite hits): (1d20+1)[20]
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGirl

And we'll keep on fighting to the end...Oh right fighting. Remembering the sword at her side, she stops singing (Effects continue for 5 rounds) goes towards the remaining conscious enemy, drawing her rapier and hitting him with her pointy stick.

Attack (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage (1d8+1)[7]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

[OOC: Bunny, Unless your rapier is Large sized, a rapier does a base of 1d6, not 1d8 damage.]

4. - Top - End - #94

PirateGirl

OOC:Oh wow...how on earth did I manage to screw that up? And how did I get so far and not notice?

So actual damage would be (1d6+1)[4]

Sorry folks

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

The melee orc drops before the getting another action, between Sable's teeth, and Teppy's inexplicably large rapier. 300XP for everyone and a treasure chest poofs out of nowhere. 100 GP, 2 potions, and a scroll.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by neoseph7 View Post
    The melee orc drops before the getting another action, between Sable's teeth, and Teppy's inexplicably large rapier. 300XP for everyone and a treasure chest poofs out of nowhere. 100 GP, 2 potions, and a scroll.
    Again, I will annotate "2 potions" and "scroll" under Party Treasury of "Other Notes" on my sheet, and update the 100 gp. Ask me anytime about what the treasury is at ... when we have downtime I will probably be going over it with Bright-o Gold Polish quite lovingly.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Iota begins to dismiss the aftereffects of his Entangle spell -- and is interrupted by a rather loud & clear (to him, at least) "Ding!" Because that is what happens when one character gets most of an encounter's worth of roleplay XP and the rest get half as much or none at all...

After noting his inexplicably enhanced abilities, he finishes dismissing the spell so the party may continue unimpeded ... at least until the next random encounter pops up. Depending on if/when Survival checks to forage for food will be allowed, we may have no use for trail rations anymore. By RAW, on any roll greater than four I come up with enough food to feed me, my wolf, and four of my closest friends. I can achieve similar results with even lower rolls if we're in a magic zone and the pickings include at least one handful of berries. Stabilizing people with a Heal roll of 2 is also nice.

And now, because it's suddenly relevant: when we get new spell slots from level-ups, should we add new spells to our lists (to fill the empty slots) immediately, or wait until there's some Uber Plotnium nearby? Because if it's the former, I could use Read Magic to identify that scroll we just got. If not ... Kerlian has the best Spellcraft modifier, and even then (by RAW) he'd need to roll 18 or higher to identify it and/or the potions. Unless of course you're just going to tell us what they are ...
    Last edited by Lunix Vandal; 2009-01-14 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Oh, wait, there's a scroll?

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #98

tell you I will not. You need to be in the presense of Uber Plotnium to gain new spells, but I'll let you immediatly enjoy new feats, skills, and class features.

I'm not sure about HP, but since this whole system is about forgiveness outside of combat, you can have it all now.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

Err, by my calculations, I just need a 13+ spell level to identify the spell, I have a total +7 modifier for spellcraft. From the SRD:
    Spoiler
    Show
    20 + spell level | Decipher a written spell (such as a scroll) without using read magic. One try per day. Requires a full-round action.

Although, the potions would be 18

So, I shall attempt to identify the objects:
    Scroll: (1d20+7)[9]
    Potion 1: (1d20+7)[11]
    Potion 2: (1d20+7)[21]

10. - Top - End - #100

PirateGirl

Noticing Kerlian intently studying the new items, and Dolminit naming and polishing the new shinies, Teppy takes the opportunity to clean her sword of icky monster blood.

So. What do we do next?
    Last edited by thatsthebunny; 2009-01-16 at 05:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

we wait for the DM to find that map he drew, but in general, killing funny skinned things with fangs is the battle plan. There are multiple camps to get to, and they have been seperated enoigh that you can only demolish one (at a time). Goblinoids, Orcs, Kobolds, and a few things too high in CR to make a low level campaign out of, in addition to a staging area where the different races are forced to listen to the Gods only know what so that they can fight together in a group effectively.

The Goblin camp is situated in a bog in the middle of the forest. Getting to them will likely involve swimming.

The Orc camp is situated in the hilly part of the forest, and getting to them will likely involve caves.

The Kobolds have taken nest in a tree top village (which likely belonged to elves at some point). Getting to them will likely involve climbing.

The staging area is up ahead and will likely involve a massive brawl which you guys may or may not live through... I haven't finished the details on it yet, but it will look something like a dungeun crawl through my old high school.

Pick your poision. Diplomacy check for decision making. I'll add a bonus to your check if you flesh out some aspect or semblance of storyline or character development or really anything that would count towards roleplaying XP (which I will also give).
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by neoseph7 View Post
    The Goblin camp is situated in a bog in the middle of the forest. Getting to them will likely involve swimming.
    "I ain't lovin' no goblins, and dwarves don't swim! We're too muscular, and we don't float well ... other than that, this here Pocket-PHB I got here says I'm pretty damn good at whackin' 'em!"

Quote Originally Posted by neoseph7
    The Orc camp is situated in the hilly part of the forest, and getting to them will likely involve caves.
    "They're probably the toughest guys, but a straight-up fight against powerful tough bruisers, and I know how to whack them, too ... or so says the Gospel according to Gary."

The Kobolds have taken nest in a tree top village (which likely belonged to elves at some point). Getting to them will likely involve climbing.
    "Are you kiddin' me? We dwarves hate trees wors'n water! Why do you think we let the elves take 'em? Still, a little fire and a lot of axes goes along way. But we dwarves don't climb well, either! And those sneaky little runts hiding at the tops o' trees and dropping stuff on us? I'm not that quick either so how the hell's that gonna work?"

"No," continues Dolminit ... "let's take the orcs first. That way, when my magic bell rings, I can learn how to climb and swim, too. Of course, I don't know how I learn that ... but I do 'cause the PHB says so."

"Hmmmm, unless of course, it's all a lie. I mean, what if the PHB is a word and not three letters sounded out?" "That would make it like a fib!"

"Bah, I stick to my guns!" And at that, Dolminit shows off his muscles and gives each bicep a kiss, and then loks to Teppy and smiles, nodding his head and saying, "Oh, yeah!"

Diplomacy check, like only a 10 Charisma dwarf with no ranks can make (surprising his Cha is that high) ... (1d20)[1].

EDIT (after seeing the roll): HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, perhaps if he didn't mention that orcs were 'powerful tough bruisers' and claim that they would be the 'toughest' to beat ... and then top it off with that ridiculously salacious leer to the lady in this league he'd be labelled less of a loser by this loose band of low-hit point lunatics!
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2009-01-16 at 08:08 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ah, a tree top village. Reminds me of my secret tree house back home. One day my dad told me I wasn't allowed to go to it any more and I'd have to help him in the forge. They never did find out what started that fire...
    Sorry did I drift off? Back on topic then, I've never been one for climbing much, and the bog? Those goblins ain't worth going through that purtid place. That leaves us with a staging area of death, and some orcy caves. I'll take the caves please.

Go go mighty morphin' diplomacy die (1d20+5)[9]

Also could we chose quickly, that chest is making me uncomfortable.

Spiro registers the surprised looks on his companions faces

What? I was bound up and thrown in one of them. You think I'm not going to have issues?
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Iota glares at Dolminit.
    I heard that about the fire and the axes. Remember, we are in a forest. And as such, this is my domain, in more ways than one. Don't make me make the trees start attacking again, dwarf. At least the elves knew how to respect the forest ...
    Iota closes his eyes and inhales sharply, then releases a deep sigh and runs one hand through his now-tousled hair before he continues -- in a rather more relaxed tone of voice.
    However ... the kobolds do need to be dealt with. ... *sigh* ... As admittedly poor as my climbing abilities are, I'd also prefer to stay dry, alive, and aboveground for as long as possible. I vote we take down the kobolds first.

Diplomacy: (1d20+1)[4]

[OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by Splining View Post
    20 + spell level | Decipher a written spell (such as a scroll) without using read magic. One try per day. Requires a full-round action.
    Woo natural 1 on my Search check to notice that particular line in the Spellcraft skill description. >_>]

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Kerlian coughs gently and smooths back his ears, trying to make himself look as human, or non-elf, as possible.

"Well, yeah, sure, trees. Serious business. I, however, would prefer to deal with, as Dolminit put it, 'powerful tough bruisers'. With certain, notable exceptions," Kerlian places his hand on his chest and looks unduly humble, "Creatures strong in muscle are typically weak in Arcane MaJicks. Such a foe could certainly be defeated easily by an intrepid group such as ourselves. Goblins and Kobolds are known for being more cunning than their Orcish cousins, and I would rather deal with them when we are slightly more powerful."

Diplomacy: (1d20-1)[12]

16. - Top - End - #106

"Wow, see? Even the half-breed gets it! But the elf? No, he starts hurling threats about attacking with ... *gulp* ... trees and the like," says Dolminit.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2009-01-16 at 11:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

"Actually," Kerlian cuts Dolminit a sharp look, "I'm no 'half breed'. I'm fully elf, biologically. I've simply chosen to live in these lands the last few years. An ex-patriot of sorts." Bending down to look the dwarf in the eye, Kerlian thrusts a finger into his chest, "And you'd do well to remember it."

Kerlian draws himself up to his full height and steps back. "However, you do have the right idea."

18. - Top - End - #108

PirateGirl

Teppy listened as the others discussed the options, her forehead wrinkled in thought. The god's had blessed her with many things but a quick wit wasn't one of them.

As things became heated between the elvenfolk and the dwarf however, she suddenly knew what to do.

She walked up to the argument and gave both parties a swift slap upside the head (a trick Uncle Jeffrey the lion tamer had taught her, which he said worked on anything that could be trained) and in a stern voice said

If you two don't start playing nice we'll go to the bog and no-one will have any fun.

Switching to her normal cheery self she said

I'm sorry Iota, and Sable I know you won't like caves, but the orcs do seem like the best bet to start with. But the quicker we start the quicker we can be back in the fresh air!

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, to fight the orcs we go. With a skip and a step we'll get there yet, heigh-ho, heigh-ho, heigh-ho, heigh-ho!

She skipped off in the direction of the hills.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate (1d20+3)[6]
    Diplomacy (1d20+7)[17]

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: OOC, Result! If both rolls had sucked the whole thing would have fallen flat. Bards for the win! I also like the idea of this bunch of guys following this mad bimbo around, as will likely be the case with her diplomacy/cha combo.
    Last edited by thatsthebunny; 2009-01-17 at 12:43 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Iota double-takes in Teppy and Dolminit's general direction. With a puzzled expression, he rolls his eyes back and to the left and starts muttering to himself, as if in a futile exercise in examining his own brain.
    Oh, no ... What kind of ... remodeling have you ... I ... we been doing up there?
    Iota shakes his head, then addresses the party directly.
    Please forgive my ... outburst. I'm afraid I'm not quite right in half my head, and he--
    (Iota indicates the portion of his head he was "examining" earlier)
    --is rather sensitive about such things. Druid, nature cleric, y'know. But, ah, heh, just because he sympathizes with the more ... *ahem* radical tree-huggers among the elves--
    (Iota grins and indicates his distinctly rounded/human ears)
    --doesn't mean that I am one.

Hoping his explanation was satisfactory, Iota sits down under a nearby tree, pulls out his own character sheet and a neon-green highlighter, and proceeds to apply the latter to the "Race: Human" and "Personality: Multiple Dissociative" entries on the former. He then returns them to the hammerspace from whence they came. Seeing Teppy start to skip away, he starts following her, having been (quite thoroughly) convinced of the merits of doing so.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

20. - Top - End - #110

PirateGirl

Sorry, one failed memory check, and one failed, common-sense, the link is right there in your signature check.

Also mwah hah ha hah hah, by the end of this campaign I'll have all of you singing and skipping your way along the trail

21. - Top - End - #111

Dolminit looks up at Kerlian, looks at Iota, then again at Kerlian.

And gulps.

"Confound and confustication, woman! Stop skipping! I have trouble keeping up wit' you as it is!" and he starts trotting and huffing and puffing after Teppy.

22. - Top - End - #112

How is no one taking notice that Teppy called some of you guys trainable. Considering her response made me laugh hard enough to wake my neighbors, the party is heading off to the caves. 100XP for all of you for this hilarious performance.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

[OOC: Well ... since Teppy hasn't actually said out loud that the swift-slap-upside-the-head "works on anything that can be trained," I doubt any of us have a high enough passive Sense Motive check to realize that that's what it means.]

Looking back ... I daresay no one's actually healed Kerlian yet. Go go gadget Retroactive-Cure-Light-Wounds-until-he's-at-full-HP!

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

24. - Top - End - #114

PirateGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    He he he. Teppy may be naive and pure as the driven snow, but I've always wanted minions

Hearing Dolminit's plea she slows down, allowing the party to catch up. As she does so she hears a faint 'glingleglingle' and suddenly feels a little more aware of her surroundings, a little bit tougher and a little more skilled.

25. - Top - End - #115

I'm going to assume in a magic field that, if one of the divine casters is conscious, he heals everyone back to full over the course of n rounds out of combat. Please make sure that your healing types have atleast one cure spell prepared.

Clear forest turns to hilly forest, and the party comes across the low end of a cliff side. Judging from what the DM says, it would appear the best way to avoid having every orc attack the party, they cannot go to either side and must climb up. Sufficient spot checks reveal several cave entrances up the cliff face.

Prior to being able to start climbing, that party sees a request for an initiative roll, as a guard dog has found the party, and is likely going to bark in order to get the attention of a patrol.

Init-Dog: (1d20+3)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Iota's Init: (1d20+1)[5]

In the event that Iota beats the guard dog's initiative, he'll cast Magic Fang on Sable, then order her to (ahem) "silence" the dog.
    Magic Fang'd Bite attack: (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]

EDIT: Erm... Huh. Bad Init roll, but high attack and maxed damage. So, uh, he'll do that anyways. Provided that the watchdog isn't dead by then, of course.
    Last edited by Lunix Vandal; 2009-01-18 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Plan B! Plan B!

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spiro Init:
    If it beats the dog's:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unleash the fury of a shortbow on the dog
    Attack Roll (1d20+2)[12]
    Damage (1d6)[3] + (1d6)[2] (sneak attack)

Else
    Spoiler
    Show
    cast Disguise Self to make me look like an orc
    Disguise (1d20+15)[34] I didn't figure my disguise kit in to the bonus seeing as I'm using a spell to disguise my self.
    1st level spells on 4hr recharge
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

forgot to put in an init roll
    Spiro Init (1d20+2)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

29. - Top - End - #119

PirateGirl

Teppy's Initiative (1d20+7)[24]

She doesn't want to hurt the cute wittle doggie so she will... use her Bardic Music to Fascinate the dog, goes over to it, and starts petting it.

Perform Check (1d20+8)[10]

And Handle Animal check (1d20+8)[11]

Edit: Sheesh, she's bright enough to go first but then totally sucks at her skills, sigh.
    Last edited by thatsthebunny; 2009-01-18 at 09:38 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Well huh. If Teppy does manage to fascinate the dog so it lets us by without alerting someone, Iota won't have Sable attack. I'm sure we all know what they say about the best-laid plans of mice and men ...

Androgeus: Disguise Self doesn't make you recharge all of your first-level spells, only Disguise Self. You can cast Silent Image (almost) all you want while you wait. See my explanation of Recharge Magic at the bottom of Page 3 for details.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile