New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

Zack sighed. "I'm not trying to stab the thing, for god's sake. I'm trying to crush its skull. My swords are blunted. I'll show you."

Zack retrieved his swords and held them out for Hannah to see. The edges were very blunted, incapable of cutting or stabbing anything. "And besides, I have a bow, too. It's just, it's louder than people think."
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

2. - Top - End - #32

Alex

"Because it uses gunpowder and isn't much of a bow at all? It's near impossible to hit small targets really well, especially moving targets."

3. - Top - End - #33

"...no, bows are just louder than people think. It's a compound greatbow. I don't actually have to hit the head to take a zombie down. Chest will make a zombie fall down. And I think you underestimate my ability with a bow."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Jonny

Bows aren't to hard to shoot. Back in SC, I was a fairly good bow hunter

Go Tigers!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I say let's get this party started, homies."With a big grin on his face, grabs his gear heads to the van.

Shotgun!
    Last edited by Z97; 2010-05-23 at 03:09 AM.
    Awesome Orc Warrior by Mortugg

6. - Top - End - #36

"Of course they aren't hard to shoot. They are hard to master. I've had an olympic bowman as my trainer for thirteen years. I think I may have more knowledge of bows than you do. I can hit a human sized target at 300 yards, with okay accuracy. 100 yards with perfect accuracy."
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Bob

Bob rolls his eyes.

"Boys, boys, we can all finish measuring whose is larger later," he says, "We need a plan, not boasts."

"The simple fact is that we have no idea whats out there and whats not and you are right, we need a scouting party.

1. I think we should leave some of our better long range shots here as guards and safeties. There's a good chance the party will be coming back running with a group of ghouls on there tail.

2. Scouting party on foot first, we still don't know how these things find us and we can't risk the loud van bringing a mess of them over. That being said, the party on foot is going to have to be damn careful and take it slow. better to run back and wait a few hours than to risk getting your ass ate.

3. Scouts grab what food they can and if we find a big stash we bring the can in if necessary.

4. Everyone who stays here needs to be packed and ready to go, if **** hits the fan we might have to book it in a hurry.

That's what I think."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hearing the conversation heading in a new new direction, comes back. "Good plan, but when are we going to do it? I'm getting hungry man. Can't stand around here doing nothing, you know."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Jonny

I wasn't talking to you, mister big shot archer. I was talking to Alex, who seams to think that its impossible to shot a bow with accuracy Jonny turns around muttering Thinks he's so good. I bet he hasn't even shot a living creature in his life. Jonny turns to the group. So, who's gonna go out all stealth-like, and who's gonna stay here with the guns to cover their asses? I've actually changed my mind, and I think I'll be staying here, and anyone else who's good with a gun should to, that way we can come quick if you need us... though we'd have to figure out how you'd get in touch with us.

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #40

Zack smiled at Jonny's muttering. He didn't quite hear the words, but he could guess. He nodded at Jonny's plan though. "That's a good idea. Who's going to have the van?"
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

RogueGuy

Bob

"We should just have the van ready to go, packed up with whatever water we have left and any gear we want to bring with us. I'm not much good in a fight, but I would like to go out anyway, I want to get a better idea of what we are up against and maybe seeing something will give me ideas."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I meant to tut at Calvin's brass knuckle comment - sorry Halna. Z, consider your self tutted.

mf & Pie Guy, do you maybe want to work out a different color between you? I'm getting Jonny and Alex mixed up in all the Orange.

Hannah

"I'll go." Hannah stood from where she was squatting against the reception desk. "I'm way less useful at range, so I'd be using a gun a point-blank if I used one. Sort of pointless, with you lot backing us up. Anyway, it's only a quarter mile down the way - still within view, if you don't mind a bit of a squint. I'd say if you see zombies headed toward us and we're caught unaware, just fire off a round in our direction. There aren't exactly a lot of other gunshots out here for us to confuse it with.

"That'll be what, then - me, Zack, Calvin, and Bob headed out? Jonny, Mr. McCoy, Ms. French, Alex, and Connor keep an eye on us and start packing up. Sound alright?"
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

13. - Top - End - #43

RogueGuy

Bob

"That's a good idea Hannah. I think we should check out the mini mart first and if necessary keep exploring, but while we are still in sight having some spotters on us would be very nice indeed."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, I'm ready when your ready.

15. - Top - End - #45

Spoiler
    Show
    I beleive I was the first with orange, so, mf, I request that I keep that color

'I feel sort of obligted to go. the scouting party was my idea. But if you beleive my talents are best used for support..."

16. - Top - End - #46

Zack retrieved his bow. "I'm ready to go."
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Hannah

Hannah shrugged at Alex's comment. "I just marshalling, I'm no commander. A fivesome it is." That more or less decided, Hannah went to fetch her rebar, backpack, and a spare duffel or two for everyone to cart their gains back when they finished having a lookaround.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

18. - Top - End - #48

Alex

Places Sleeping bag on the ground "I know this will come back to bite me, but I don't want to sleep out in the field."

19. - Top - End - #49

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Guy View Post
    Alex

Places Sleeping bag on the ground "I know this will come back to bite me, but I don't want to sleep out in the field."
    "We won't be if we can help it. Remember guys, this is a short scouting mission, we are going to the mini mart and ONLY IF its safe we will move on to something else. Either way we are coming back before it gets dark."

20. - Top - End - #50

Zack nods. "Yeah, definitly. And besides, what could go wrong?"
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Alex

"Don't ever. Say. That. Again. If you do, we're all screwed."

22. - Top - End - #52

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Guy View Post
    Alex

"Don't ever. Say. That. Again. If you do, we're all screwed."
    Bob

"That's superstitious nonsense," Bob says with a friendly smile.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Jonny

Spoiler
    Show

sorry about the color thing. I was thinking about a different game and used my color for that. I'll go back to the dark red I had before.

Y'all headed out now, or waiting till morning? You'll have more time if you go first thing tomorrow, plus everyone's nerves will have calmed a little bit I bet. But its the recon party's choice, not mine.

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Hannah

Hannah looked out the lobby's high window and shook her head at Jonny's suggestion. "Best to get going as soon as possible, I think. It's not even noon yet, so we have plenty of time - and going tomorrow means we're out there hunting another day hungrier."
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

25. - Top - End - #55

"I agree." Zack said. "Which door we going out of?"
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

RogueGuy

Bob

"Let's head out the front," remember, fire off a warning shot if you see anything coming for us.

Bob grabs some of his gear and heads for the door.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Let's go"

With that, follows Bob toward the door.

28. - Top - End - #58

Zack followed Calvin and Bob. He turned back to Hannah. "Coming with us?"
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Spoiler
    Show
    Encounter Roll: (1d100)[1]

As you begin to head out, Connor wordlessly grabs his backpack and straps on his desert eagle. The small hunting party cautiously leaves the building, months of experience in survival and a good deal of adrenaline honing everyone's sense to knife point. The party makes little noise as they walk through the wrecked city, and no one sees any zombies. The trip to the gas station goes quickly, and you easily reach it. Inside, most of the place has been ransacked. However, after breaking down the door into the back area you discover a variety of jerkies and snack cakes, and a few canned foods, all untouched by age. Filling your packs, you wordlessly head back for the hotel. Then-

THUD.

Connor's head jerks up. "What was that?"

THUD.

THUD.
    THUD.
    THUD.

Something big is coming. Very quickly.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2008-12-28 at 10:39 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #60

RogueGuy

Bob

Bob unslings his rifle and goes to the door, he hides within the frame of the door and then peeks out into the street.